ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

User3221
Algeria

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by User3221 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi there
Im tier 4 applicant, just wandering wut is the escalate request thing and the 6 months waiting?!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:59 pm

User3221 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:51 pm
Hi there
Im tier 4 applicant, just wandering wut is the escalate request thing and the 6 months waiting?!
Different visa categories have different service standards.
For Tier 4 the standard is 8 weeks.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mm1990
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by mm1990 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi everyone, I submitted my documents through IDV app on 4th September for ILR through 10 years stay. I called the number on the HO coronavirus helpline on Friday and asked them if I could apply in person for a faster decision. The reply was ambiguous and not very clear but the guy mentioned if there is an appointment available and you can book an appointment, it would be faster, so I decided to book an appointment in Birmingham for this Tuesday. Would that damage my application? Should I attend the appointment anyway and explain them the situation? Please help me! Thank you to all amazing people here!

Mr AAL
United Kingdom

Post by Mr AAL » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi, I have applied for ILR and uploaded all documents on 31 august 2020,

1. is anyone can advise when I can expect to hear back from UKVI or UKVCAS?

According to forum some applicants already notified about their appointment or IDV app invites. Means

2. they are not serving appointments as per application date? Or just random?
Regards,

RosemaryM
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by RosemaryM » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:49 pm

Time line:
Application submitted on 13/07
Biometric enrolled on 18/08 @Bath
Decision letter: 12/09 @ 18.30

Hi, just a quick update, I have got my decision letter on the next Satudary evening after my MP sent the letter to UKVI to expedite my case on Friday.

My personal view is that UKVI does process cases on their own standards, for which 5-year tier 2 dependent route is not their priority. I have extended my dependet visa last Nov, so most of my docs I submitted for ILR are the same this time. I do not think it is a complicated case, otherwise they will not process it so fast after the push from the MP.

I, myself, have emailed the case worker, called the UKVI, write to Sheffield a few times, but never got a reply. I have a PhD course starting 1 Oct, so I am egaer to get the decision before then. My situation changed due to medical reason, I could not defer my PhD offer then. So I send my medical report to the MP together with my offer, he sent them to UKVI the next day. Then, Bingo! I got the decision letter on a Saturaday evening! So, I do think it does work if you have a very strong reason!

Good luck every one then!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 pm

mm1990 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm
Hi everyone, I submitted my documents through IDV app on 4th September for ILR through 10 years stay. I called the number on the HO coronavirus helpline on Friday and asked them if I could apply in person for a faster decision. The reply was ambiguous and not very clear but the guy mentioned if there is an appointment available and you can book an appointment, it would be faster, so I decided to book an appointment in Birmingham for this Tuesday. Would that damage my application? Should I attend the appointment anyway and explain them the situation? Please help me! Thank you to all amazing people here!
Many have done dual submission successfully. You can test your luck. It is not recommended but you are free to book an appointment and attend if you wish. It will not have any adverse effect though. Note, booking an appointment does NOT guarantee a faster decision.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Mr AAL wrote:
Hi, I have applied for ILR and uploaded all documents on 31 august 2020,

1. is anyone can advise when I can expect to hear back from UKVI or UKVCAS?

According to forum some applicants already notified about their appointment or IDV app invites. Means

2. they are not serving appointments as per application date? Or just random?
Regards,
Apparently the system is open for applicants 28th Aug - 4th Sep even without an official update. Did you try logging in the IDV app OR checking any appointments via the UKVCAS website??

mm1990
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by mm1990 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 pm
mm1990 wrote:
Many have done dual submission successfully. You can test your luck. It is not recommended but you are free to book an appointment and attend if you wish. It will not have any adverse effect though. Note, booking an appointment does NOT guarantee a faster decision.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I'll keep you updated how things go.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:46 pm

HELP

I forgot upload Consent form on an appointment and there no choice to submit again .
What should I do ?
I have depends.
:cry:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:46 pm
HELP

I forgot upload Consent form on an appointment and there no choice to submit again .
What should I do ?
I have depends.
You have been asking the same question since July 10th? You were advised to upload it. Why all of a sudden you remembered it again after 2 months?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:58 pm

@saeed5

Please continue with your NON-biometrics related questions in your own thread. This thread is not the right place to ask.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:09 pm

For all NEW applicants:
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Tip: Make sure you register your account on UKVCAS the same day you submit and pay for your application. This is VERY important to get in the biometrics queue.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking an appointment/IDV app

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application. For the latter case, you will have to submit your biometrics via the IDV app.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.

buiscut17
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by buiscut17 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:18 am

Hi All

Im a new member I just came across this website, I apologize before hand if im in the wrong post or my question has already been answered.

Briefly I applied to extend my wifes spouse visa on the 29th of June 2020 (for another 2.5 years). Since then I have had no update regarding my UKVCAS appointment. Everytime I ask my solicitor he tells me we are still waiting for an email before we can get an appointment. Is this correct? I have to admit ive been relaxed due to the situation but reading this post makes me feel we should have had out ukvcas appoinment by now?

Again any information regarding this would be appreciated thank you.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:53 pm
Saeed5 wrote:
HELP

What should I do ?
I have depends.
You have been asking the same question since July 10th? You were advised to upload it. Why all of a sudden you remembered it again after 2 months?
I uploaded after an appointment but still showing not submitted, that’s why I asked

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:52 am

Saeed5 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Saeed5 wrote:
HELP

What should I do ?
I have depends.
I uploaded after an appointment but still showing not submitted, that’s why I asked
You can not submit any documents after your appointment. Dont worry, UKVI will ask you for any missing documents (consent form) if needed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:55 am

buiscut17 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:18 am
Hi All

Im a new member I just came across this website, I apologize before hand if im in the wrong post or my question has already been answered.

Briefly I applied to extend my wifes spouse visa on the 29th of June 2020 (for another 2.5 years). Since then I have had no update regarding my UKVCAS appointment. Everytime I ask my solicitor he tells me we are still waiting for an email before we can get an appointment. Is this correct? I have to admit ive been relaxed due to the situation but reading this post makes me feel we should have had out ukvcas appoinment by now?

Again any information regarding this would be appreciated thank you.
Email to:
UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk (its UKVACS yes)

In the body of your email, include: name of applicant and UAN (Unique Application Number).

Send DM to UKVCAS twitter handle.

You should have done this way before but follow the above steps asap.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 am

@buiscut17

Applicants dealing with solicitors have had massive problems. Its not new.

Get the UAN from your solicitor and follow the steps yourself if he does not follow on your behalf.

The email will have to be sent via the registered email but you can use the twitter handle instead if you do not have access to the registered email.

You should have received biometrics correspondence by end of August. If you haven’t, your solicitor should have chased it on your behalf but well looks like most of the solicitors are irresponsible and lazy.

Tota
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tota » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:15 am

Have someone actually managed to get an appointment at UKVCAS anywhere now days, 14/09/2020?
All are unavailable although at their website its mentioned they have available dates free.

I tried to refresh midnight, only around 01:00 another day was added yet still unavailable.
anyone knows what is going on?or how can i get an appointment?tips?
Thanks. :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 am

Tota wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:15 am
Have someone actually managed to get an appointment at UKVCAS anywhere now days, 14/09/2020?
All are unavailable although at their website its mentioned they have available dates free.

I tried to refresh midnight, only around 01:00 another day was added yet still unavailable.
Have you tried to read the previous posts before posting this question? :shock:

Tota
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tota » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:48 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 am
Tota wrote:

Yes I did, i couldn't find any new posts but maybe i missed something, if you can assist and refer me to a specific answer you know or you have some information that will shed some light, it would be much appreciated.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:18 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:52 am
Saeed5 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Saeed5 wrote:
HELP

What should I do ?
I have depends.
You can not submit any documents after your appointment. Dont worry, UKVI will ask you for any missing documents (consent form) if needed.
Thanks CULLINAN for your advice 😃

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:25 am

Tota wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:48 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 am
Tota wrote:

Yes I did, i couldn't find any new posts but maybe i missed something, if you can assist and refer me to a specific answer you know or you have some information that will shed some light, it would be much appreciated.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

BenAbd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BenAbd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 am

Hi All. I decided to do an appointment after initial idv submission on 30th August. Rolled the dice subsequently as my employer pays for appointment and I want to vary my dependent's Tier 2 extension to my ILR based (instead of my Tier 2 based).

Make of it what you will, I made appointment for 3rd Sep and got approval on 7th. I won't be too certain that appointnments are not faster as some ppl are here guessing. I have a good litmus test internally at my employer where this appointment guess is tipping towards faster decision for other applicants. Nonetheless, I will post my timeline in appropriate thread. Good Luck to you all!

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 am

I am really tempted to book an appointment as there is one available next week near me, I submitted application on the 22nd June Set(M) and did my IDV on 28th August, seeing all the results is making me think about it :|

Might see how today unfolds

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:20 am

Booked an appointment tomorrow, Croydon (£110), will keep you guys posted.