ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tota
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Tota » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:22 am

poper wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:25 am
Tota wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:48 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 am
Tota wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:15 am
Have someone actually managed to get an appointment at UKVCAS anywhere now days, 14/09/2020?
All are unavailable although at their website its mentioned they have available dates free.

I tried to refresh midnight, only around 01:00 another day was added yet still unavailable.
anyone knows what is going on?or how can i get an appointment?tips?
Thanks. :D
Have you tried to read the previous posts before posting this question? :shock:
Yes I did, i couldn't find any new posts but maybe i missed something, if you can assist and refer me to a specific answer you know or you have some information that will shed some light, it would be much appreciated.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Many thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:36 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:26 pm
Hint: If someone who is eligible to apply and is planning to apply very soon in the next 2/3 days, I would say try to apply before 15th Sep. Previous pattern shows there might be a biometrics date cut off for applications made before 15th Sep. You may save some wasted time for biometrics turn in this case.
What is the previous pattern?

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 am
I am really tempted to book an appointment as there is one available next week near me, I submitted application on the 22nd June Set(M) and did my IDV on 28th August, seeing all the results is making me think about it :|

Might see how today unfolds
Me too. I am so done with this. I feel emotionally drained. :cry:

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:20 am
Booked an appointment tomorrow, Croydon (£110), will keep you guys posted.
Hi guys,
I uploaded my docs to Ukvcas on 11 Sept, now waiting for them to get back to me with appointment invitation.
Just wondering, does booking more expensive appointment centre (like 2 different prices for croydon centres-£110 and £69 or so) result in faster decision, thinking it counts as paying for priority appmt?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:48 am

shohjura wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Hi guys,
I uploaded my docs to Ukvcas on 11 Sept, now waiting for them to get back to me with appointment invitation.
Just wondering, does booking more expensive appointment centre (like 2 different prices for croydon centres-£110 and £69 or so) result in faster decision, thinking it counts as paying for priority appmt?
No it does not, it is NOT the same a a 'priority service' application, which is a UKVI service not a UKCVAS service. UKCVAS is only a third party agent. What you pay for a UKCVAS appointment has nothing to do with the UKVI process of considering any application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:58 am

Attended my face 2 face appointment last Wednesday (in London). I had all my docs uploaded but not submitted prior to the appointment and the lady submitted them there and then. She said all the docs have already been checked by the team (and they are fine) and that it will take about a month or so for the decision to be reached. I mentioned that some people have been getting there decision quicker, i.e. within a week (I was relating to this forum) and she said she was very surprised to hear that and I should be aiming to hear back in a month...............

I have not heard anything re the decision yet. I am just hoping it will be quicker than one month..

I will keep you guys posted.

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
i applied june 22 as well. waited for the invitation email but nothing even in my spam folder. tried logging in one evening i was able to do my idv app and submitted everything on aug 30. but i have not heard anything since then. i was tempted to book an appointment and was able to get £64 one in croydon this friday. i asked the ukvcas twitter page and they said i can only book an appointment when ukvi request to resubmit my biometrics. but im willing to go anyway...this is giving me anxiety.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:05 am

UKVCAS tweets this morning:
"Morning, our DMs are now open again! Please remember to send your UAN. Thanks - TH"
"Once your supporting information has been delivered to UKVI, all further action is taken by UKVI themselves. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any status updates. However, you can contact UKVI here:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk"

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:07 am

Ellie6244 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
i applied june 22 as well. waited for the invitation email but nothing even in my spam folder. tried logging in one evening i was able to do my idv app and submitted everything on aug 30. but i have not heard anything since then. i was tempted to book an appointment and was able to get £64 one in croydon this friday. i asked the ukvcas twitter page and they said i can only book an appointment when ukvi request to resubmit my biometrics. but im willing to go anyway...this is giving me anxiety.
That's incorrect. You can go ahead with In-Person biometric if you wish to. But, it doesn't guarantee a faster result. If it gives you peace of mind and you are willing to pay, then go ahead.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mangaworms » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am

Can we book an appointment in case we have opted in to use idv app and have submitted the photo and liveliness checks?
I have submitted my application on 29th if July, completed the idv verification on 30th of August and yet no news

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:07 am
Ellie6244 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
That's incorrect. You can go ahead with In-Person biometric if you wish to. But, it doesn't guarantee a faster result. If it gives you peace of mind and you are willing to pay, then go ahead.
i will do that and keep you guys posted. i have seen some members here doing the same thing as well. they book an appointment even if they have done the idv app and get decisions a week or two or even earlier.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 am

mangaworms wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am
Can we book an appointment in case we have opted in to use idv app and have submitted the photo and liveliness checks?
I have submitted my application on 29th if July, completed the idv verification on 30th of August and yet no news
yes, you are allowed to. I just answered the same one post above yours :wink:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:11 am

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:58 am
Attended my face 2 face appointment last Wednesday (in London). I had all my docs uploaded but not submitted prior to the appointment and the lady submitted them there and then. She said all the docs have already been checked by the team (and they are fine) and that it will take about a month or so for the decision to be reached. I mentioned that some people have been getting there decision quicker, i.e. within a week (I was relating to this forum) and she said she was very surprised to hear that and I should be aiming to hear back in a month...............

I have not heard anything re the decision yet. I am just hoping it will be quicker than one month..

UKVCAS staff has no knowledge about immigration related queries. They do not process the decision either. The decision is taken by UKVI and not UKVCAS. So what the UKVCAS staff said is just like an informal comment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mangaworms » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 am

Has anyone seen any application in July who's got the decision by now solely using IDV app (no in-person appointment)?

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 am

mangaworms wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 am
Has anyone seen any application in July who's got the decision by now solely using IDV app (no in-person appointment)?
Hi
People still waiting from april.. july is still far off

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 am
mangaworms wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am
yes, you are allowed to. I just answered the same one post above yours :wink:
Not sure whether in-person appointment gives faster decision. Tier 2 extension, used idv app on 7.09 and additionally in person submission on 12.09 for 135 pounds. Haven't heard anything from them yet.

Mr AAL
United Kingdom

Post by Mr AAL » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:51 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 pm
Mr AAL wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm
Hi, I have applied for ILR and uploaded all documents on 31 august 2020,

1. is anyone can advise when I can expect to hear back from UKVI or UKVCAS?

According to forum some applicants already notified about their appointment or IDV app invites. Means

2. they are not serving appointments as per application date? Or just random?
Regards,
Apparently the system is open for applicants 28th Aug - 4th Sep even without an official update. Did you try logging in the IDV app OR checking any appointments via the UKVCAS website??
Hi, yes I did check, and it’s shows no appointment. How are you so sure that system is open? Am I missing something?

Kind regards

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:00 pm

mangaworms wrote:
April 4th here and I'm still waiting!!!
Got an in person appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:00 pm
mangaworms wrote:
best of luck to you! please keep us posted. have you done your idv app as well? i did mine but i still book in person appointment on friday.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Ellie6244 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:09 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
mangaworms wrote:
best of luck to you! please keep us posted. have you done your idv app as well? i did mine but i still book in person appointment on friday.
Are appointments easily obtained? Within one week!?

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:11 am
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:58 am

UKVCAS staff has no knowledge about immigration related queries. They do not process the decision either. The decision is taken by UKVI and not UKVCAS. So what the UKVCAS staff said is just like an informal comment.
thank you for getting back to me! According to the timeline feed my application is already taking ages as some people have been getting their decision next working day. Fingers crossed!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:33 pm

i2siss wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 pm
Ellie6244 wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
mangaworms wrote:
Yes, but largely depends on the location you choose. Appointments were available next day at Lansdowne road, Croydon
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Mr AAL wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:51 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 pm
Mr AAL wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm
Hi, I have applied for ILR and uploaded all documents on 31 august 2020,

1. is anyone can advise when I can expect to hear back from UKVI or UKVCAS?

According to forum some applicants already notified about their appointment or IDV app invites. Means

2. they are not serving appointments as per application date? Or just random?
Regards,
Apparently the system is open for applicants 28th Aug - 4th Sep even without an official update. Did you try logging in the IDV app OR checking any appointments via the UKVCAS website??
Hi, yes I did check, and it’s shows no appointment. How are you so sure that system is open? Am I missing something?

Kind regards
Wait for email communication, check junk folder as well. Login and check on UKVCAS site once a day
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:41 pm

poper wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:33 pm
i2siss wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 pm
Ellie6244 wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:

Yes, but largely depends on the location you choose. Appointments were available next day at Lansdowne road, Croydon
I am in Leeds and I have just seen that there are locations in Leeds, Wakefield and Manchester. The thing is I do not want to submit my application and then get stuck because once the application is submitted the applicant cannot travel abroad!!! Would a 10 days be a reasonable time?

Regards

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:47 pm

Ellie6244 wrote:
Luluokis29 wrote:
mangaworms wrote:
Yes IDV done 22nd August