ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Missing Accountant letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samson19
Newly Registered
India

English Language requirements

Post by samson19 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for my ILR SET LR in the next couple of months.

My wife has a valid visa until Dec 2020 and I have been informed by the knowledgeable and kind members of this forum that she can apply the FLR M visa as my dependent.

I have a query regarding English Language requirements of FLR M visa for my wife.

My wife's immigration history is:
Oct 2012 - Came to UK on Tier 2 ICT
Dec 2017 - Switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur (current visa expiring in Dec 2020)

She had already provided the English Language test (IELTS) results for her last successfuly visa application in Dec 2017. Her IELTS score was CEFR Level C2. However, this score was valid for only 2 years as per the Test Report Form. I assume one cannot simply forget the language skills but having met the requirement in previous grant of leave can she use this score again for the FLR M visa application?

If the old IELTS score cannot be used again for the FLR M visa application, then we would prefer going the Academic qualifications route with a visa and nationality statement.

Her Academic qualifications are:
Post Graduate Program in Management degree (Last qualification)
Bachelor's degree

She has the Final certificates and Transcripts for both the degrees.
Now for the Medium of Instruction letter, does she need this at all? If yes then is it required for both the degrees or only for the Last qualification?

Happy to provide any additional information if required to help answer this query.
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English Language requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:38 pm

samson19 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 pm
is it required for both the degrees or only for the Last qualification?[/u]
For the qualification being reliant on as one qualification will be considered unless you pay twice for both. Try your bachelor degree if it was pursued for 3-4 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:26 pm

Thanks for replying.

In my original post, I have asked another query regarding my wife's previous grant of leave and the English Language requirements proof that was submitted then. I would appreciate if this can be answered. I have copied the portion from the original post below.

She had already provided the English Language test (IELTS) results for her last successfuly visa application in Dec 2017. Her IELTS score was CEFR Level C2. However, this score was valid for only 2 years as per the Test Report Form. I assume one cannot simply forget the language skills but having met the requirement in previous grant of leave can she use this score again for the FLR M visa application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:32 pm

samson19 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:26 pm
Thanks for replying.

In my original post, I have asked another query regarding my wife's previous grant of leave and the English Language requirements proof that was submitted then. I would appreciate if this can be answered. I have copied the portion from the original post below.

That test might only be accepted again if contain UKVI unique reference number on it and equitably was used in the successful grant of visa previously where English language test was a mandatory requirement. Whilst having not much knowledge about tier 1 entrepreneur visa I cannot say for sure that was it really be needed then but if it wasn't then it won't be accepted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:32 pm
samson19 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:26 pm
Thanks for replying.

That test might only be accepted again if contain UKVI unique reference number on it and equitably was used in the successful grant of visa previously where English language test was a mandatory requirement. Whilst having not much knowledge about tier 1 entrepreneur visa I cannot say for sure that was it really be needed then but if it wasn't then it won't be accepted.
Hello, thanks for replying.

The IELTS (Academic) certificate does have a UKVI reference number and was used in her successful Tier 1 Entreprenuer visa application in Dec 2017.

The Tier 1 Entreprenuer visa application form had this mandatory requirement:
You must have a minimum standard of English language, and score 10 points, or the application
will be refused

Is there a way I check with UKVI directly or is there a guidance I can refer?

Also, if this has been answered on this forum already then I would appreciate if someone can direct me to the post.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:36 pm

As stated earlier that I haven't got much acquaintance about Tier 1 entrepreneur but still I am able to refer to the pertinent guidance and according to which your previously passed test won't be reusable because tier 1 entrepreneur category doesn't fall under Appendix FM & part 8. Read the following guidance for in-depth understanding:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

samson19
Newly Registered
India

IHS query

Post by samson19 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Hello,

I am not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere.

My wife is planning to apply for FLR (M) as my dependant. Her current visa is expiring in Dec 2020. My ILR (SET LR) application is currently in progress.

For my wife's visa, she plans to take IELTS as the knowledge of English.
Her IELTS test is currently scheduled for 10 October.

We have heard that the Immigration Health Surcharge is increasing from 1st October 2020. We want to avoid this price increase so it would be helpful if anyone can help with our queries.

Can my wife submit the FLR (M) application before 1st October and then once she gets her test results submit them at a later date (say around mid October)?

Is it possible that her application may get declined without UKVI waiting/asking us to provide the Knowledge of English language proof?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS query

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 pm

For my wife's visa, she plans to take IELTS as the knowledge of English.
Her IELTS test is currently scheduled for 10 October.
Can you not get a date sooner?
Can my wife submit the FLR (M) application before 1st October and then once she gets her test results submit them at a later date (say around mid October)?
Should be ok. You should apply online shortly before the 1st October then. Her test can simply be uploaded with the other supporting documents before her biometric appointment date.
Is it possible that her application may get declined without UKVI waiting/asking us to provide the Knowledge of English language proof?
Unlikley.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.
In that case, she would submit the application on 30 Sep and then only get the biometrics done once the test results are available.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Correct yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

FLR (M) - Missing Accountant letter

Post by samson19 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Hello,

My wife is planning to apply for FLR (M) as my dependant. Her current visa is expiring in Dec 2020. My ILR (SET LR) application is currently in progress.
She is the director of a limited company registered in UK.

We are submitting the following documents to prove my wife's income:

1. Company Tax Return CT600
2. Company incorporation and VAT certificates
3. Current Appointment report
4. Latest acccounts submitted to companies house
5. Her latest Self assessment for 2019-2020
6. Payslips - she has 11 payslips and she did not pay herself for 1 month. She can also provide earlier payslips.
7. EPS & FPS submissions
8. Dividend vouchers
9. Her 12 months personal bank statement which reflect salary and dividends paid. She has requested paper statements from the bank.
10. Her business bank statement covering CT600 period. She has requested paper statements from the bank.
11. Her company exceeded flat rate VAT limit in June, 2020 and received a letter from HMRC to stop using flat rate VAT scheme which mentions that income has exceeded the upper limit of £230K for flat rate VAT scheme. She plans to submit this letter.

She has been submitting her own company accounts and also because of company size there is no requirement for accounts to be audited.
Now as per the Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE, she also has to produce an accountant’s certificate of confirmation.

Would not having the accountant letter pose a problem for her application and could this lead to application being denied? Especially worried as this document is listed as must.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Missing Accountant letter

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:57 pm

samson19 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 pm
Hello,

She is the director of a limited company registered in UK.

We are submitting the following documents to prove my wife's income:

1. Company Tax Return CT600
2. Company incorporation and VAT certificates
3. Current Appointment report
4. Latest acccounts submitted to companies house
5. Her latest Self assessment for 2019-2020
6. Payslips - she has 11 payslips and she did not pay herself for 1 month. She can also provide earlier payslips.
7. EPS & FPS submissions
8. Dividend vouchers
9. Her 12 months personal bank statement which reflect salary and dividends paid. She has requested paper statements from the bank.
10. Her business bank statement covering CT600 period. She has requested paper statements from the bank.
11. Her company exceeded flat rate VAT limit in June, 2020 and received a letter from HMRC to stop using flat rate VAT scheme which mentions that income has exceeded the upper limit of £230K for flat rate VAT scheme. She plans to submit this letter.

She has been submitting her own company accounts and also because of company size there is no requirement for accounts to be audited.
Now as per the Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE, she also has to produce an accountant’s certificate of confirmation.

Would not having the accountant letter pose a problem for her application and could this lead to application being denied? Especially worried as this document is listed as must.

Thank you.
If listed as must, it means you should get it then even if its an adhoc accountant

krishnudu7052
Newly Registered
India

Bsc Degree from India for English Language requirement for ILR

Post by krishnudu7052 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi experts,

I am planning to apply for ILR for my wife in Jan,2021. My wife has Bachelor of Science degree (3 years course) with 61% marks from Sri Krisnadevaraya Universiry, Ananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh, India.

Could anyone help whether she can get approval letter from NARIC for English language requirement for ILR and also this degree is equivalent to UK degree.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
SK

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:21 pm

krishnudu7052 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:13 pm
Hi experts,

I am planning to apply for ILR for my wife in Jan,2021. My wife has Bachelor of Science degree (3 years course) with 61% marks from Sri Krisnadevaraya Universiry, Ananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh, India.

Could anyone help whether she can get approval letter from NARIC for English language requirement for ILR and also this degree is equivalent to UK degree.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
SK
Why don't you create your own post instead?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

krishnudu7052
Newly Registered
India

Post by krishnudu7052 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Sorry Mate.

I will create new post.

Best regards
SK