ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ResidentEvil

ILR using FLR-M 5 year route - Qualifying priod and Financial requirement

Post by ResidentEvil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi All

My wife got her first FLR-M on 02-11-2015 (as per date of issue printed on her BRP). So can I apply for her ILR as soon as 04 October 2020. (ie 28 days before five years). Does this qualifying period start from the date of issue of the first FLR-M BRP or before the FLR-M extension BRP expires? Her FLR-M extension BRP expires on 28 Dec 2020.

Secondly, if my earnings are more than sufficient to meet the financial annual earning requirement of £18,600, do I still need to decalre my spouse's (applicant) earnings as she also works.

Finally due to covid-19 lockdown phase - our company hasn't issued monthly payslips to employees. So what would I need to submit as an alternative.

Many thanks for all help and please try to address all three points.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR using FLR-M 5 year route - Qualifying priod and Financial requirement

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Does this qualifying period start from the date of issue of the first FLR-M BRP or before the FLR-M extension BRP expires? Her FLR-M extension BRP expires on 28 Dec 2020.
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial FLR(M) BRP start date. The latest she can apply is shortly before her current visa expiry.
Secondly, if my earnings are more than sufficient to meet the financial annual earning requirement of £18,600, do I still need to decalre my spouse's (applicant) earnings as she also works.
No.
Finally due to covid-19 lockdown phase - our company hasn't issued monthly payslips to employees. So what would I need to submit as an alternative.
Payslips are mandatory, there is no exception. I also get hard copy payslips, however my employer arranged to send them by email when lockdown happened.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks CR001. Always can depend on you for quick reply.

Sorry I just need to be sure - so I can apply from 5 October onwards as her initial FLR-M BRP issue date is 02 November 2015. I just read somewhere that you cant apply more than 28 days before her current leave expires which is on 28 Dec 2020 as per her FLR-M extension BRP.

Not contradicting you or anything but here is where I got this from

"ILR applications are time sensitive, meaning you must submit your request before your current leave expires. However, you must not file your Set (M) Form more than 28 days before your current immigration status ends."
source: third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator

As for the payslips - do I need to request my employer to send me the payslips via email? And would me printing these off on standard A4 paper be sufficient? Would I need an accompanying employer letter to back the payslips.

Thanks a lot!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Sorry I just need to be sure - so I can apply from 5 October onwards as her initial FLR-M BRP issue date is 02 November 2015. I just read somewhere that you cant apply more than 28 days before her current leave expires which is on 28 Dec 2020 as per her FLM-M extension BRP.
1. Yes, 5th October is the earliest to apply.
2. You read wrong.
Not contradicting you or anything but here is where I got this from

"ILR applications are time sensitive, meaning you must submit your request before your current leave expires. However, you must not file your Set (M) Form more than 28 days before your current immigration status ends."
source: third party weblink removed by moderator
Please do not post third party solicitor weblinks on the forum. Many of them post wholly inaccurate information, like the above and it even contains completely outdated information about biometrics at Post Office, which has NOT been the case since November 2018. The immigration rules are clear that you can apply when you reach 60 months residence, regardless of how much time you have left on your visa. The 28 day concession is from UKVI and applies to all visa holders.

Also stated on the old archived paper Set(M) Guidance notes, link below.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-setm
5. When To Apply
You and any children under 18 who are applying with you should apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the UK when you are nearing completion of the qualifying period required by the Immigration Rules. Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing that period. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the fee and you will have to pay again when reapplying.
2. Qualifying For Indefinite Leave to Remain
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain in one of the categories for which you must use form SET(M), you must satisfy the requirements set out in paragraph 287 or 295G of Part 8 of the Immigration Rules, or in Section R-ILRP (partner) or Section R-ILRPT (parent) of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, which are on GOV.UK.

One of the requirements is that you have completed 24 months (under Part 8) or 60 months (under Appendix FM) with leave to enter or remain as a partner or parent. That period runs from the date on which you entered the UK with a visa in the relevant category; or, if you did not enter the UK with such a visa, from the date on which you were first granted leave toremain in the UK in the relevant category.
As for the payslips - do I need to request my employer to send me the payslips via email? And would me printing these off on standard A4 paper be sufficient? Would I need an accompanying employer to back the payslips.
Yes and Yes. You also still need an employer letter too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 pm

You are awesome.
Thanks again CR001. :D 8)

I am sure I will be back here soon with more questions as I have just started preparing for the ILR application for my wife. And this forum has always helped me out in my previous applications.

ResidentEvil

Documents for ILR

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:52 am

Hi All

Applying for ILR for my wife and have a few questions regarding documents.

A. Application says only scans need to be submitted of orginals or copies - unless they ask for physical copies specifically. Do these scans need to of a specfic resolution or DPI. I am scanning my documents at 300x300 DPI Also they are in PDF and colour scans. - would that be OK?

B. For evidence of co-habitation - it asks for six letters of correspondence addressed to both of us (or twelve individually). I have joint bank statements and bill from Thames water where the actual address part (the one that postman sees in the transparent plastic bit of the envelope) only has my name. But the letters themselves when opened have my wife's name as additional account holder to the top right. So would that count as a letter addressed to just me or me and my wife as her name is not actually present on the address bit.

Finally, is there any guideline on from how many sources do these correspondence letters need to come from? Can I repeat the letters from the same source over different periods?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:57 am

Topics merged!!
A. Application says only scans need to be submitted of orginals or copies - unless they ask for physical copies specifically. Do these scans need to of a specfic resolution or DPI. I am scanning my documents at 300x300 DPI Also they are in PDF and colour scans. - would that be OK?
Any document you upload just be clear and legible and no bigger than 6mb.

B. For evidence of co-habitation - it asks for six letters of correspondence addressed to both of us (or twelve individually). I have joint bank statements and bill from Thames water where the actual address part (the one that postman sees in the transparent plastic bit of the envelope) only has my name. But the letters themselves when opened have my wife's name as additional account holder to the top right. So would that count as a letter addressed to just me or me and my wife as her name is not actually present on the address bit.
Should be fine as joint.
Finally, is there any guideline on from how many sources do these correspondence letters need to come from? Can I repeat the letters from the same source over different periods?
You need evidence for the last two years, from 3 to 6 difference sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Thank you CR001. Much appreciated!!

ResidentEvil

Validity period of time sensitive documents (earnings)

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:08 am

Hi All

I applied for Set (M) application for my wife yesterday and paid the fee.
And after trying for almost six hours straight I managed to find a spot and book an appointment at UKVCAS website which is approx 28 days away. Dont think there are any free appointments available anymore.

So anyway I have the option to upload scanned documents on the UKVCAS website upto 48 hours before the appoitment.

The application needs some time sensitive documents like latest payslip from employer and the bank account statement which shows that salary credited and says it should not be more than 28 days old.
Now if I have got my payslip on 20th October and the bank statement which I got around the 4th or 5th of November showing this payslip salary and I scan these documents and upload to the UKVCAS site and "Submit".

So when I go for my appointment which is I think 2nd or 3rd of December to show them the original documents of what I have submitted the scans online and for them to do biometrics of my wife etc. Will it be the case that my submitted payslip (20 October) and bank statements are now more than 28 days old and hence I need to include my November payslip and the bank statement which I will probably get after the appointment on the 4th or 5th Dec which is a probelm.
Or is it that when I "submit" my scans on the site, the 28 days period will be calculated from that day and it doesn't matter if a month has passed since when I actually show them the documents at the appointment.

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:15 am

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Documents upload date/biometrics date is irrelevant. All your documents should be in line with the date of application. Also, you can upload your documents ANYTIME before appointment. You have an option to SELF-SUBMIT documents up to 48hrs before appointment OR SUBMIT at the appointment itself if you do not want to avail the optional self-submit feature.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Validity period of time sensitive documents (earnings)

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:18 am

ResidentEvil wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:08 am
Hi All

I applied for Set (M) application for my wife yesterday and paid the fee.
And after trying for almost six hours straight I managed to find a spot and book an appointment at UKVCAS website which is approx 28 days away. Dont think there are any free appointments available anymore.

So anyway I have the option to upload scanned documents on the UKVCAS website upto 48 hours before the appoitment.

The application needs some time sensitive documents like latest payslip from employer and the bank account statement which shows that salary credited and says it should not be more than 28 days old.
Now if I have got my payslip on 20th October and the bank statement which I got around the 4th or 5th of November showing this payslip salary and I scan these documents and upload to the UKVCAS site and "Submit".

So when I go for my appointment which is I think 2nd or 3rd of December to show them the original documents of what I have submitted the scans online and for them to do biometrics of my wife etc. Will it be the case that my submitted payslip (20 October) and bank statements are now more than 28 days old and hence I need to include my November payslip and the bank statement which I will probably get after the appointment on the 4th or 5th Dec which is a probelm.
Or is it that when I "submit" my scans on the site, the 28 days period will be calculated from that day and it doesn't matter if a month has passed since when I actually show them the documents at the appointment.

Many thanks
The time sensitivity is with reference to the date of application which is taken to be the day
you pay. It has got nothing to do with your biometrics appointment date.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:51 am

Cullinan and AmazonianX.

You are stars!! 🙏

So I will just stick with my last payslip, employer letter and last bank statement - all dated last week of October - as my online application was submitted/paid for yesterday (04 Nov). And not worry about having to upload the November ones just before my appointment on 03 Dec.

Thanks a lot! 👍 :)