ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Delay: Email from MMST FCT Callnotes

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Application Delay: Email from MMST FCT Callnotes

Post by jgirgis85 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi all,

I applied on the 10th of April and submitted docs and fingerprints through the IDV app on the 23rd of August but got this letter below today. Does this mean more than 6 months from 23rd of August or from 10th of April?

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

It is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
Did anyone else get the same email?

Also is it like a system email that gets fired automatically or does it mean that actually someone looked at my application and decided that its gonna take more time?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Application Delay: Email from MMST FCT Callnotes

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:00 pm

Generic email. Ignore.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:00 pm
Generic email. Ignore.
Thank you for the clarification.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:00 pm
Generic email. Ignore.
Why generic? I received it as well, applied mid april. While i know others have received their decisions already. Surely that means that it’s not just generic? It gets me worried actually, as my application should
Be very straight forward, ILR after tier 2 and now applied for naturalisation. so not sure why it would take them more than 6 months 😞

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 am

jgirgis85 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 pm
Hi all,

I applied on the 10th of April and submitted docs and fingerprints through the IDV app on the 23rd of August but got this letter below today. Does this mean more than 6 months from 23rd of August or from 10th of April?

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

It is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Also is it like a system email that gets fired automatically or does it mean that actually someone looked at my application and decided that its gonna take more time?

Thanks
I applied on the 15th april and just now received the same email 😞 which makes me worried as mine should have been a straight forward one

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 am

Many have received this and then received approvals just within days after. So really has no connection.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Zaheerhamza92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaheerhamza92 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 am

I have actually received this email twice. I submitted my online application on 30th March and documents via IDV app on 28th Aug. In response to an email I sent to team that sent this email I was told that my 6 month period ends on 30th September. A bit confused whats the holdup for as people who applied after me are getting reaponses sooner as per the citizenship timeline post on this forum.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Zaheerhamza92 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 am
I have actually received this email twice. I submitted my online application on 30th March and documents via IDV app on 28th Aug. In response to an email I sent to team that sent this email I was told that my 6 month period ends on 30th September. A bit confused whats the holdup for as people who applied after me are getting reaponses sooner as per the citizenship timeline post on this forum.
I know its ridiculous as I see lots who submitted in July have already received a decision... and unfair how they don’t give a reason for the delay for us

John32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John32 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello
You are very lucky I applied since July 19 no answer I went to mp still no answer

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 am
jgirgis85 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I applied on the 15th april and just now received the same email 😞 which makes me worried as mine should have been a straight forward one
I think from the pattern of time it looks like an automated email since you applied on the 15th of April got it on the 15th of September. I applied on the 11th end of Day so I should have got it on 12th but 12th and 13th are weekend so I got it Monday the 14th. I also saw another article of one who applied on the 9th of April and got this email on the 9th of September. So it looks like it triggers as soon as 5 month passed after the application date and not because someone actually checked the applications. I am the same case Teir 2 5 years then 1 year ILR and the case is straight forward as well.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 am

jgirgis85 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 pm
oxana777 wrote:
jgirgis85 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I think from the pattern of time it looks like an automated email since you applied on the 15th of April got it on the 15th of September. I applied on the 11th end of Day so I should have got it on 12th but 12th and 13th are weekend so I got it Monday the 14th. I also saw another article of one who applied on the 9th of April and got this email on the 9th of September. So it looks like it triggers as soon as 5 month passed after the application date and not because someone actually checked the applications. I am the same case Teir 2 5 years then 1 year ILR and the case is straight forward as well.
So looks like they didnt even start looking at the application, but for some reason decided it will be a complex case! This is even worse!

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:10 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 am
jgirgis85 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 pm
oxana777 wrote:
jgirgis85 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
So looks like they didnt even start looking at the application, but for some reason decided it will be a complex case! This is even worse!
That's the thing if it's an automated email it means no one looked at the case or decide on anything it's just that their software automatically sends this email for anyone after 5 month have passed. So it's not that your case is complex or anything it's just that 5 month have passed on the application date and since we are all delayed because covid 19 it means that many of us gets this kind of emails.

mohammadpour
Newly Registered
England

Post by mohammadpour » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:40 pm

I applied last year 7th November i email home office and i got this relpay has any got the same thing ?

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email, we provided you with a detailed update on your application on 11th August.

At present we are not yet in a position to decide your case but we will write to you as soon as a decision has been made

Kind regards
UKVI

Zaheerhamza92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaheerhamza92 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:29 am

Zaheerhamza92 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 am