ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child from eufm

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali365
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Child from eufm

Post by Ali365 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi everyone,
I was in a civil marriage (I did nikkah in a mosque)
For more than 2 years. My child was born in March 2019 after one month of my birth child we split because of her mental health then I got the custody of my child and primary care from the court. I applied irish passport because my partner was in the state for more than 6 years. Now they are looking for mother original passport which she is not providing. I have no status in the state. I don't know what to do. Could any of you please guide me what to do?
Thanks 😊

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Re: Child from eufm

Post by Granista » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 am

You were not married, from an immigration perspective.
Can you prove the mother was in the State for more than six years?
Which court gave you custody of a newborn child as an unmarried father with no legal residence permission?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Child from eufm

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:42 am

What is the nationality of the child's mother?

The reason for asking that, is to ascertain if the child is able to acquire the citizenship of that EU state from which the mother holds a nationality, provided of course she is an EU national.

Secondly, you may apply under Chen for residence in the state, if you can establish that child's right to EU nationality.

Have you notified the justice department of the particular circumstances of the case, i.e , the fact that court granted you custody, the mental health situation of the mother, he reluctance to provide her ID?

Do you her PPS number, you could then advise the department to go through public records, which will confirm mother's nationality.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors