ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maaz786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Maaz786 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi everybody
I am in very awkward situation and need an advice from somebody who has experience similar situation or has knowledge about it.
I made a set (P) application on 18th April 2020, I did my biometric on 9th July 2020. I have been waiting for the decision form Home Office.
Now there is the interesting part. My ex-wife to whom I had no contact over a year, she made and allegations against me and I got arrested on 14th of August 2020. When I was taken to police station a police officer asked about my status and I told him that I have pending application for ILR in Home Office. Currently they are doing there investigation. I have few questions
1. Will they inform Home Office about this? if Yes, will they hold my application till the outcome of investigation?
2. Do I have to inform Home office myself about I am being arrested?
3. If I am given a caution or fine, will Home Office refuse my application?
would appreciate your help.
thanks

SaaRaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SaaRaa » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:14 pm

refugee345 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm
karim_9876 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:01 pm
refugee345 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:18 pm
Dear all,

Hope you are all well and coping ok with the waiting for positive decisions on application.

I just wanted to check whether anyone who recently applied has been issued with the ILR, although the guidelines suggest the waiting period of a six months.

I also wanted to check that Sopra Steria people mentioned that I will receive an email from the Home Office confirming that they have received all my documents and information around timelines. However, I have still not received any such email, anyone else facing similar problem?

All the best everyone!
Did you apply online and waiting appointment or did you go to your appointment already, pls clarify?
Hi there, I have applied and been to the appointment as well. At the time of biometric, I asked whether they had any idea of timescales or give me an indication of how long will the application take. They (Sopra Steria) staff mentioned that Home Office will send an email confirming that they have received all of the paperwork and biometrics and that email will also contain the information around how long will the application take.
I hope this clarified.
Hi there,
I didn’t receive any emails from HO either. Only a text from Sopra after my appointment.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Maaz786 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi everybody
I am in very awkward situation and need an advice from somebody who has experience similar situation or has knowledge about it.
I made a set (P) application on 18th April 2020, I did my biometric on 9th July 2020. I have been waiting for the decision form Home Office.
Now there is the interesting part. My ex-wife to whom I had no contact over a year, she made and allegations against me and I got arrested on 14th of August 2020. When I was taken to police station a police officer asked about my status and I told him that I have pending application for ILR in Home Office. Currently they are doing there investigation. I have few questions
1. Will they inform Home Office about this? if Yes, will they hold my application till the outcome of investigation?
thanks
The first thing police do when arrest an immigrant is to check with home office for status. What will happen to your case depends on what exactly is the reason behind seeking asylum along with what allegation your wife has made & also whether you are found guilty or acquitted ,all factors will make a clear picture for the home office to see what they can do with your case.One thing is in your favour that the way accepting someone a refugee is hard for home office same is revoking that refugee status.

Maaz786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Maaz786 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am

London22 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 pm
Maaz786 wrote:
Hi everybody
thanks
The first thing police do when arrest an immigrant is to check with home office for status. What will happen to your case depends on what exactly is the reason behind seeking asylum along with what allegation your wife has made & also whether you are found guilty or acquitted ,all factors will make a clear picture for the home office to see what they can do with your case.One thing is in your favour that the way accepting someone a refugee is hard for home office same is revoking that refugee status.
Thanks for the information. So basically it means they will hold my application till the outcome of the police investigation. But I don't think they relate this investigation to the reason behind seeking asylum as it is totally irrelevant to my asylum application.

I went through Home Office guidelines and they say application will be refused if:
they have, within the 24 months preceding the date of the application, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a noncustodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0EXT.PDF

it clearly says preceding the date of the application means before making the application and already been convicted, but in my case I was not even arrested when I made the application.

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 am

Maaz786 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am
London22 wrote:
Maaz786 wrote:
Hi everybody
thanks
Thanks for the information. So basically it means they will hold my application till the outcome of the police investigation. But I don't think they relate this investigation to the reason behind seeking asylum as it is totally irrelevant to my asylum application.

I went through Home Office guidelines and they say application will be refused if:
they have, within the 24 months preceding the date of the application, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a noncustodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record.

it clearly says preceding the date of the application means before making the application and already been convicted, but in my case I was not even arrested when I made the application.

I suggest you take a legal advice from an Immigration Lawyer ASAP. They will help guide you in the right direction and prepare any necessary paperwork incl. letters for you to the Home Office.

When I was reading the guidance, it clearly indicates that you need to immediately inform the Home Office of any changes or arrests after you have submitted the application.

Hope this is resolved and does not cause any issues with the grant of your ILR.

Maaz786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Maaz786 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:27 pm

refugee345 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 am
Maaz786 wrote:
London22 wrote:
Maaz786 wrote:
Hi everybody
thanks

I suggest you take a legal advice from an Immigration Lawyer ASAP. They will help guide you in the right direction and prepare any necessary paperwork incl. letters for you to the Home Office.

When I was reading the guidance, it clearly indicates that you need to immediately inform the Home Office of any changes or arrests after you have submitted the application.

Thanks Refuguee345

Could you please highlight where it says that I have to immediately inform the home office?

I already spoke to my solicitor and he says that we have to wait for the outcome of the investigation, once we know the outcome we can then inform the home office if there is any conviction?

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Maaz786 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:27 pm
refugee345 wrote:
Maaz786 wrote:
London22 wrote:

Thanks Refuguee345

Could you please highlight where it says that I have to immediately inform the home office?

I already spoke to my solicitor and he says that we have to wait for the outcome of the investigation, once we know the outcome we can then inform the home office if there is any conviction?
Apologies if this may have caused any stress. I was reading the guidelines for Form AN and on page 29 and 31 that outlines steps around informing the home office, which are irrelevant at this stage for you.

Maaz786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Maaz786 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:43 pm

refugee345 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:53 pm
Maaz786 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:27 pm
refugee345 wrote:
Maaz786 wrote:

Thanks Refuguee345

Apologies if this may have caused any stress. I was reading the guidelines for Form AN and on page 29 and 31 that outlines steps around informing the home office, which are irrelevant at this stage for you.
I appreciate and thanks for your time. Please share anyone in the group share your views or any kind of information which can help, it will be appreciated.

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 am

Jesse8 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 am
refugee345 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:14 am
Rajux wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 pm
Hermand wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi Rajux,

Same here, no news from HO, almost 6 months.
Hopefully you will hear from them soon. Did you try to contact them?
Hi
No I did not make any contact to the home office I just waiting next few weeks.
Thx.
hi both,
Could you please share the contact details for the Home Office? I need to write to them and inform them of the error in the application form.
thank you in advance.
Home Office,
SET (Protection Route) applications
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Hi Jesse8
Did you get any updates from home office for you recent letter.
Thanks

Jesse8
United Kingdom

Post by Jesse8 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:19 am

Rajux wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 am
Jesse8 wrote:
refugee345 wrote:
Rajux wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi
No I did not make any contact to the home office I just waiting next few weeks.
Thx.
hi both,
Could you please share the contact details for the Home Office? I need to write to them and inform them of the error in the application form.
thank you in advance.
Home Office,
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Hi Jesse8
Thanks
Nothing so far. Might make an appointment with my local MP next week.

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a good start of the week.

Just wanted to drop a line and see if anyone had received any update?

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Jesse8 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:19 am
Rajux wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 am
Jesse8 wrote:
refugee345 wrote:

hi both,
thank you in advance.
Home Office,
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Hi Jesse8
Thanks
Nothing so far. Might make an appointment with my local MP next week.
I hope you have some sort of update from the Home Office. If not, as mentioned by you last week, did you manage to make an appointment with you local MP?

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Hi mate
I don't have any update from my self.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:50 pm

As there no update for me , has anyone who applied in May or June and July heard any thing?

I see Set (M) and <(O) they got decision quickly. :lol:

Maaz786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Maaz786 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi
I applied on 18th April and attended appointment on 9th July, still waiting. I believe the processing time starts from the appointment date. I hope everybody gets decision soon. One of friend he got his ILR 3 weeks ago. He had his biometric appointment in June.

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Jesse8 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:03 pm
Rajux wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:24 am
Jesse8 wrote:
refugee345 wrote:

hi both,
thank you in advance.
Home Office,
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Hi Jesse8
Did you make contact with Home office??
Pls update me.
Thanks
Sent them a letter ..waiting for a response..
Hi Jesse8
I think you have sent a letter to home office over a month.did you get any response from them please update if you have one??
Thanks.

Jesse8
United Kingdom

Post by Jesse8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Rajux wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:11 pm
Jesse8 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:03 pm
Rajux wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:24 am
Jesse8 wrote:

Home Office,
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Hi Jesse8
Did you make contact with Home office??
Pls update me.
Thanks
Sent them a letter ..waiting for a response..
Hi Jesse8
I think you have sent a letter to home office over a month.did you get any response from them please update if you have one??
Thanks.
Nothing....so far. planning to meet my MP this week.

SaaRaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SaaRaa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi everyone
Just wanted to give an update on my application
I did the application on 1st May, appointment on 9th July and received the email today that my application has been successful.
Hope you hear some good news soon :)

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 pm

SaaRaa wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Hi everyone
I did the application on 1st May, appointment on 9th July and received the email today that my application has been successful.
Congratulations.

Could you please let us know, whether you had any dependents on your application? Also what documents did you submit with your application.

Many thanks.

SaaRaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SaaRaa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am

refugee345 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 pm
SaaRaa wrote:
Hi everyone
Congratulations.

Could you please let us know, whether you had any dependents on your application? Also what documents did you submit with your application.

Many thanks.
Hello
Thank you :)
No I didn’t have any dependants and I did the application myself.
I submitted:
Travel documents, BRP, national ID, bank statements, Payslips, P60, a letter from employer , some education certificates (not sure if all were necessary), signed consent
Didn't have valid National passport
Good luck

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 am

SaaRaa wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am
refugee345 wrote:
SaaRaa wrote:
Hi everyone
Congratulations.

Many thanks.
Hello
I submitted:
Travel documents, BRP, national ID, bank statements, Payslips, P60, a letter from employer , some education certificates (not sure if all were necessary), signed consent
Good luck
Thank you very much, that's good to know the type of documents that were submitted.

Did you submit a copy of your national passport?

Anyone else got a good news to share?

SaaRaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by SaaRaa » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am

refugee345 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 am
SaaRaa wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am
refugee345 wrote:
SaaRaa wrote:
Hi everyone
Congratulations.

Many thanks.
Hello
I submitted:
Good luck
Thank you very much, that's good to know the type of documents that were submitted.

Did you submit a copy of your national passport?

Anyone else got a good news to share?
No, I didn't have my national passport.

Danish2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Danish2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 pm

Hi everyone
I applied and biometric has done in august
I have one question someone is blackmailing and harassing me for marriage I have young kids he was friend of my ex.i changed my all contact numbers but he is using Facebook Id on my name and add my family on fb I recently find out I really very scared feelings about me and my kids I’m confused can I wait for my decision of application or report to police ?
If I report to police it could be affected on my application? That guy is illegal and wants settle here
Please guide me thanks

Yaz069
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yaz069 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:30 am

Danish2 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Hi everyone
I have one question someone is blackmailing and harassing me for marriage I have young kids he was friend of my ex.i changed my all contact numbers but he is using Facebook Id on my name and add my family on fb I recently find out I really very scared feelings about me and my kids I’m confused can I wait for my decision of application or report to police ?
If I report to police it could be affected on my application? That guy is illegal and wants settle here
Please guide me thanks
Don’t let anyone harass you go and report it straight to the police and protect your self and your family before the problem escalate further and gets out of control. If you are a refugee that means you need protection and it would be unfair for the home office to refuse your case due to you making a complaint to the police and if in worst scenario they do you can build up a case and go to court.

refugee345
United Kingdom

Post by refugee345 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 am

Danish2 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Hi everyone
Please guide me thanks
Hi there, really sorry that you are facing problems.
I would strongly suggest that please report it to the police for the safety of yourself and your children. This won’t affect you as you are the victim. Please take care and stay safe!