ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETURN EEA RESIDENCE CARD TO UK IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frontliner
Newly Registered
Ireland

RETURN EEA RESIDENCE CARD TO UK IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES

Post by frontliner » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:10 pm

I will be grateful f someone could help mee n the following matter.

In February 2016 I applied for EEA Residence Card, which was ultimately granted to me in
November 2016. I got the residence card based on the Surinder Sigh case i.e. Spouse of a British citizen who has exercised his treaty rights of free movement in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND. Although the residence card was granted to me in November 2016, but before that I along with
my British spouse left the UK after enrolling my biometric in the UK. We stayed in the UK for short time and went back to Ireland and started living there again. Now I have
become an Irish citizen and hold an Irish passport. I have come to live in the UK. I want to apply for the settled status in the UK. I have been advised by my friend to return my EU-Residence card to UK Immigration and ask them to close my file for EU re3sidence card. But I do not know how to do it, please advise.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: RETURN EEA RESIDENCE CARD TO UK IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Perhaps friend can give you the relevant web site link and share it here?
Over the years I haven't seen any query on this? I certainly never returned anything.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wikki » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 pm

frontliner wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:10 pm
I will be grateful f someone could help mee n the following matter.

In February 2016 I applied for EEA Residence Card, which was ultimately granted to me in
November 2016. I got the residence card based on the Surinder Sigh case i.e. Spouse of a British citizen who has exercised his treaty rights of free movement in the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND. Although the residence card was granted to me in November 2016, but before that I along with
my British spouse left the UK after enrolling my biometric in the UK. We stayed in the UK for short time and went back to Ireland and started living there again. Now I have
become an Irish citizen and hold an Irish passport. I have come to live in the UK. I want to apply for the settled status in the UK. I have been advised by my friend to return my EU-Residence card to UK Immigration and ask them to close my file for EU re3sidence card. But I do not know how to do it, please advise.
I have an Irish friend and also from what I've read, Irish citizens automatically hold settled status when they are in the UK (can work, study, start business, have social and welafre benefits, etc) and same for British citizens in Ireland.

You may want to contact them to close your EEA card application file but I do not think you need to apply for any kind of leave

wikki
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wikki » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm

[Appologies if this violates rules]

You may want to check this out:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/g ... he_uk.html