ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daffodil_23
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Daffodil_23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 am

I submitted my application on 17th July and submitted my biometrics via IDV route only on 31st August. I am still waiting.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 am

I submitted my SET(LR) application on 29th August and submitted my biometrics via biometric appointmenty on 12th September. I am still waiting.
As observed, SET(LR) do not seem to be a priority for HO
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Keyless07
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Keyless07 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 am

I submitted my set(m) application on 6 May and submitted my biometrics via IDV only route on 25 August. I am still waiting.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell why those who have applied for SET(LR) aren't seeing any quick response?

Also, please people who have applied for SET (LR) can you use the SET (LR) only page and add your timeline so we can see if they are working on our application.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... s#p1936135

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 am

Thank you all those who responded. Just for an idea, as of 830am today, around 25 members reported (both in ILR and BC forum) who submitted via IDV app only are waiting. Only 1 member reported waiting via the appointment only. Lets wait and see how the trend evolves.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am

I submitted my application on 14th April and submitted my biometrics via IDV route only on 28th August. I am still waiting.

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am
Hi,

Can anyone tell why those who have applied for SET(LR) aren't seeing any quick response?

Also, please people who have applied for SET (LR) can you use the SET (LR) only page and add your timeline so we can see if they are working on our application.

Thank you
Pure supposition on my part but it may be, given the risk of redundancies following the end of the furlough scheme, that they are prioritising applications that are employment specific. For Tier 2 General applicants, losing their job before a decision is made would render their application void whereas I don't believe the same applies for SET (LR) applicants. I do stand to be corrected though.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 am

The evidence clearly shows that those who went for appointments (in majority cases) are getting quicker decisions. I would urge anyone who has urgent need for a decision to test your luck via the appointment route only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

There are MANY FREE appointments in Landsdowne Croydon 22nd Sep onwards. Anyone in urgent need of a decision may book it.
Attachments
EE34C4D1-F608-4D29-8442-9B90E4D94DA3.jpeg
EE34C4D1-F608-4D29-8442-9B90E4D94DA3.jpeg (197.02 KiB) Viewed 1669 times

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 am

DanaF wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Pure supposition on my part but it may be, given the risk of redundancies following the end of the furlough scheme, that they are prioritising applications that are employment specific. For Tier 2 General applicants, losing their job before a decision is made would render their application void whereas I don't believe the same applies for SET (LR) applicants. I do stand to be corrected though.
Some more speculation/assumption from my side. Since LR is based on 10 years continuous and lawful residence, I'm assuming UKVI have to carry out more checks on their side and over a longer period of time. Hence it's not necessarily that it set LR is a lower priority, it just takes longer. But who knows for sure at the end of the day. All we know is that set LR applicants are having to wait for longer to get decisions.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 am

Seems like the backlog for appointments has finally subsided. 23 Sep onwards all 9am - 530pm appointments at Landsdowne Croydon are FREE.

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SWinSW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am

leatong wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 am
SWinSW wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:05 pm
leatong wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Question: will UKVI email the BRP delivery information to me? I submitted address change form to UKVI in August but still worry if they will actually ship it to my new address.
Hi @Leatong, normally the BRP is shipped the next day of approval or day after next.
Everyone doesn't seem to be getting the tracking number. But you can try calling TNT HMPO service at 03456080630 between 8am to 8pm tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow.
They will ask your name and postcode and let you know if the courier is on the way and when it will be delivered. You can try to check if they can arrange a redelivery to your new address.
I found the helpline quite helpful and friendly as I had to make sure that I was available on the day of delivery as I am going out everyday. I had just called them in anticipation and they were able to see my courier. They also gave me the tracking number. Once you know the tracking number, it can be checked at https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking by popping in postcode and consignment number.
P.S. the courier cannot be tracked on tnt.com but only on delivery.tnt.com.
Hope this helps.
Hi just to reiterate the post above. Having read this just now I called the number and they were indeed very friendly. Unfortunately they'd had a technical glitch and their tracking systems were down at the moment but they did say they expected to be back online this afternoon and to call back then. Refreshingly courteous service!
Hi @leatong did you have any luck when you called TNT? I called back in the afternoon - very friendly and apologetic again but the system was still down. Wondering whether to call again today...

Thank you, I was just about to call them after the TNT online chat saying they can't solve this via the chat and gave me the same number above, but saw your post first. I will call later this afternoon.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:15 am

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:34 pm
Based on this forum and other social media updates on Twitter and Facebook, my personal opinion/guideline as below:

- Applicable for ILR Applicants
- Date of payment 1-Mar-2020 to 15-Sep-2020

Situation: Received email with subject starting with UKVI Delay Notice
Action: None. Wait till it is 26 weeks since payment date AND 3 weeks since biometrics/facial image submission date. After that, contact your local MP.

Situation: Already submitted biometrics through in-person UKVCAS appointment
Action: Once it has been 15 weeks since application submitted date AND 3 weeks since biometrics: then contact your local MP

Situation: Already submitted facial image through IDV App, less than 3 weeks ago
Action: If system allows, then book an in-person appointment with UKVCAS, with appointment date after 3 weeks from IDV facial submission date.

Situation: Already submitted facial image through IDV App, more than 3 weeks ago
Action: If system allows, then book in-person UKVCAS appointment at your earliest convenience. Once it has been 15 weeks since application submitted date AND 3 weeks since facial image through IDV: then contact your local MP.

Situation: Received IDV App invite
Action: First, if system allows then book an in-person UKVCAS appointment with date after 3 weeks. Once appointment booked, then submit facial image through IDV App.

Situation: Eligible for biometric reuse, but waiting for IDV App invite
Action: If system allows, then book an in-person UKVCAS appointment

Situation: UKVCAS in-person appointment coming up soon
Action: None. Proceed as normal.

Following above generic guidelines will mean you will not feel anxious about your ILR Application. If you are Tier-2 Applicant, then above applies to you as well just change 15 weeks to 8 weeks.

I am aware that service level for ILR application is 26 weeks but I have given 15 weeks based on data from Facebook, Twitter, ImmigrationBoards, Freedom of Information Requests.

If you have waited for over 3 weeks since facial image submission through IDV, then you can send tweet as below:
@CommonsHomeAffs Waiting for over XX weeks to get decision to my application. Submitted facial image using IDV XXX weeks ago. People with in-person PAID appointments are getting decisions within 36 hours! @ukvcas and @ukhomeoffice are indirectly encouraging applicants to go for appointments during Covid-19 rather than use IDV App.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:22 am

I submitted my application on 22 June (after seeing priority applications were not coming back) and submitted my biometrics via IDV route on 29th August. I am still waiting. I have also submitted in person biometrics last week after coughing up some 110 Pounds or so. This is for ILR using 5 year Tier 2 General.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am

Happy to inform that I have got my SET-LR decision today, in less than 24 hours of submitting my biometrics via face to face appointment. I also submitted biometrics via the IDV app on 25th Aug.

Once I get the BRP card, will update which photo has been used. Though as per my experience, face to face appointment has worked.

Thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge in this forum. Special thanks to Zimba, CR001, CULLINAN for their continuous guidance.

Refer my timeline here:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1936792

applicant1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by applicant1234 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am
Happy to inform that I have got my SET-LR decision today, in less than 24 hours of submitting my biometrics via face to face appointment. I also submitted biometrics via the IDV app on 25th Aug.

Once I get the BRP card, will update which photo has been used. Though as per my experience, face to face appointment has worked.

Thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge in this forum. Special thanks to Zimba, CR001, CULLINAN for their continuous guidance.

Refer my timeline here:

Congrats! I am having my appointment tomorrow hoping to hear back soon after. What documents did you bring and what did they take?

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

application on April 1 - ILR From tier 2. (5 years)
submitted facial image through IDV app on Sept 4.

still waiting.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am

I submitted my application on (18-07-2020) and submitted my biometrics via UKVCAS in person appointment route on 18-08-2020 (SET LR). I am still waiting.

Current visa ending on 23 of September 2020, and employer is chasing me.

:|

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 am

applicant1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

Refer my timeline here:

Congrats! I am having my appointment tomorrow hoping to hear back soon after. What documents did you bring and what did they take?
Thank you, all they asked for was my current passport. Though I was carrying all of my originals and the last issued BRP. It took 15 minutes to re-scan the front and back, stamped pages on the passport, photo, finger prints. Appointment was in Norwich.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

Refer my timeline here:

Congratulations @ROHITSHAH4 !

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 am
DanaF wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Some more speculation/assumption from my side. Since LR is based on 10 years continuous and lawful residence, I'm assuming UKVI have to carry out more checks on their side and over a longer period of time. Hence it's not necessarily that it set LR is a lower priority, it just takes longer. But who knows for sure at the end of the day. All we know is that set LR applicants are having to wait for longer to get decisions.
I just don't believe it should take a longer period to make a decision under LR than other routes. There is least document check under LR. UKVI basically can make a decision based on the information from their system, such as historical visa applications, number of days not in the UK, etc. They really should treat LR and other routes equally, as people who apply under LR might also face this and that problems and have further plans. I guess it is because the number of people who apply LR is much less than other routes, they didn't receive much enquiries from this group, then they simply decided to put it at the bottom of their to-do list...

applicant1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by applicant1234 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 am
applicant1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

Refer my timeline here:

Thank you, all they asked for was my current passport. Though I was carrying all of my originals and the last issued BRP. It took 15 minutes to re-scan the front and back, stamped pages on the passport, photo, finger prints. Appointment was in Norwich.
Thanks! And congrats again

Atreya
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Atreya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 am
Thank you all those who responded. Just for an idea, as of 830am today, around 25 members reported (both in ILR and BC forum) who submitted via IDV app only are waiting. Only 1 member reported waiting via the appointment only. Lets wait and see how the trend evolves.
Thanks for the summary CULLINAN.

I can see people who went for Biometrics up the 12th September, has started to receive decision. Although seems like majority of people went for dual submission.

I went for just in-person Biometrics on the 12th September. If mine is delayed compared to those with dual submissions, then perhaps the suggestion for future applicants is to do dual submission?

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 am

Quick update on my application,

Just now received an e-mail confirming that my ILR application has been successful.

Here you can find my detailed Timeline https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1936821
Looks like UKVI and UKVCAS has picked up a good pace by now and hope Priority services will resume soon.

My sincere thanks to all the moderators, other gurus and other people who keep sharing valuable information on this forum. It really helped to understand the situation and keep the nerves, especially in such pandemic situation.

I wish good luck to all of those who are waiting. :)

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:59 am

I have gone through posts in the SET(O) timeline thread and found the following:

Applicants with decision and application date between 31-Jul and 01-Sep: 31

IDV ONLY submission: None

UKVCAS appointments: 31

IDV + UKVCAS (Dual submission): 4

Average decision time since application:
29.97 calendar days
Min: 15 calendar days
Max: 44 calendar days

Average decision time since UKVCAS biometrics:
4.19 calendar days
Min: 2 calendar days
Max: 8 calendar days

The data above is based on how accurate were dates reported in the timeline thread.
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.