ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) APPLICATION BEFORE SPOUSE ILR DECISION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

opti21
Newly Registered

FLR(M) APPLICATION BEFORE SPOUSE ILR DECISION

Post by opti21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 am

Hi there,
Me, my wife & children are having valid Tier 2 visa until Mid-November 2020. Last month (25 August) I've applied ILR (Long Residence) as a standard application as the super priority application services are not available.
I don't think I 'd receive the decision before our current visa expires (Mid November) So I've to apply for FLR(M) for my wife before my ILR decision is received. I've couple of queries regarding this-

1. Is it acceptable to apply FLR(M) for spouse before my ILR decision is received? Or is there any other recommended way to apply FLR (M)?

2. My wife is currently working (full time employee) once she applies for FLR(M) can she continue her existing employment (after her current Tier 2 PBS dependent visa expiry & before receiving FLR-M decision) ?

3. My both children are born in UK, I can apply for their naturalization after I receive my ILR decision (probably early next year) They don't need any valid visa at the time of MN1 application, Correct?

Thanks in advance!

opti21
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) APPLICATION BEFORE SPOUSE ILR DECISION

Post by opti21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi there,
I've now got the answer for my first query above from other similar queries on the forum.
I am also kind of sure about the 3rd query above, just wanted to double check.
But I am really in doubt about the 2nd query, could someone please answer the my 2nd query. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 pm

2. My wife is currently working (full time employee) once she applies for FLR(M) can she continue her existing employment (after her current Tier 2 PBS dependent visa expiry & before receiving FLR-M decision) ?
Her existing pbs dependent visa conditions continue while an application is pending with UKVI. This falls under Section 3C of the immigration rules.
3. My both children are born in UK, I can apply for their naturalization after I receive my ILR decision (probably early next year) They don't need any valid visa at the time of MN1 application, Correct?
Yes. You were already advised of this last year when you asked.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1826436

You should also ask citizenship questions in the British Citizenship sub forum as these questions are not relevant to this sub forum for family immigration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

opti21
Newly Registered

Post by opti21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:09 pm

Thank you very much :)