ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pacificmist
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by pacificmist » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am

Hi, I have been following this thread after applying for my wife's visa for updates on timelines and I wanted to help others by posting my own timelines.
30 July - Applied for my wife's ILR through set(o) on ukvi website.
30 July- got login for UKVCAS where I was allowed to upload documents but appointment booking was suspended.
August first week- I started uploading documents on UKVCAS website.
5th august- I got email notifying that idv app will be rolled out soon and I can either opt out or opt in. Opt out meaning I have to book appointment at UKVCAS service point and opt in meaning that I agree to use IDV app and UKVI will reuse my biometrics. I decided to opt in .
Till 29 August - I kept uploading remaining documents on UKVI but hadnt submitted.
30 August - I got an email invitation to use idv app. I downloaded the app and my wife gave her facial recognition thing on app and I submitted her application through app on 30 August
1st September - I started reading on this forum that applications who made in person appointment were getting results so I decided to book appoitnment as well on UKVCAS website. I got a free appointment for September 7th
7th Sep - My wife gave her biometrics at the cetnre which only took about 15 minutes and they didnt ask her that she can't give her biometrics because she opted for IDV app.
16 sep- I get an email that her ILR applicaiton is approved and her BRP will be dispatched within a week. Happy days.

Simon83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simon83 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 am

I submitted my application on 15th April and submitted my biometrics via IDV route only on 25th August. I am still waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am

Atreya wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 am
Thank you all those who responded. Just for an idea, as of 830am today, around 25 members reported (both in ILR and BC forum) who submitted via IDV app only are waiting. Only 1 member reported waiting via the appointment only. Lets wait and see how the trend evolves.
Thanks for the summary CULLINAN.

I can see people who went for Biometrics up the 12th September, has started to receive decision. Although seems like majority of people went for dual submission.

I went for just in-person Biometrics on the 12th September. If mine is delayed compared to those with dual submissions, then perhaps the suggestion for future applicants is to do dual submission?
No dual submission does not make sense for someone who has to choose a route in the first place.

I would suggest choose going for in-person appointment ONLY if you are in an urgent need of a decision.

Obviously if someone went for IDV app route only already and still waiting for more than 3 weeks, may consider booking a free appointment and test his/her luck. Dual submission will not harm in the end.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:38 am

Majority applicants who went for IDV app are still waiting.

Are there ANY applicants who went for appointment ONLY and are waiting also??

Seems like ONLY IDV app applicants are waiting.....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:05 pm
Let me put forward a question for comparison for those who submitted biometrics in the last 2-4 weeks.

How many of you are waiting who purely submitted biometrics via:

the IDV app ONLY

or

UKVCAS in person ONLY

during 17th Aug - 31st Aug irrespective of the date of application??

Please post as: “I submitted my application on (date) and submitted my biometrics via (UKVCAS only or IDV only) route on (date). I am still waiting.”

NO TIMELINE style posts please.
No dual submission posts.

My partner's ILR (LR) got approved yesterday (15th). Applied on 11th May and IDV only submission on 25th August.

My child's ILR (LR) applied on 12th May and IDV only submission on 4th September. No decision email yet.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:38 am

I am still waiting went for biometric in person appointment on the 21/08/2020 at Sheffield for a SET (M) application submitted on the 28/5/20 and still waiting.

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has received a similar email from Admin ukvas team from sophra steria following idv biometrics submission. Email today-

"Dear Sir/Madam
I am getting in touch regarding your application.
UKVI have contacted us and advised you require an urgent appointment.
In order to progress your application as soon as possible you are now able to book an appointment through your UKVCAS account online. If you are unable to find an appointment in a suitable timeframe you can call the UKVCAS contact centre on 0844 892 0232 and we will facilitate an appointment for you as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely
UKVCAS Customer Services"

I called ukvcas as their twitter acc was unable to help. They said to ignore it as it's likely just an outdated generic response from their side following us emailing in (we didn't receive the biometrics app invite in the specified deadline so emailed last week). They said biometrics were submitted through app and sent to ukvi so no point booking appointment. Also called Ukvi team but they were unable to help as usual.

Just very uneasy about the whole thing and do not know what to believe as no where in any replies we've had back mentions idv, always just appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:50 am

There are many FREE appointments available. If someone who submitted biometrics via IDV app, is in urgent need of a decision, the best is to book a FREE UKVCAS appointment (so you dont pay unnecessarily) and test your luck via dual submission.

Note, only if you are in urgent need, otherwise it is not necessary.

I believe, decisions via biometrics submitted through IDV only will start pouring in soon also. It is matter of how much urgency you have.

Also, note, dual submission still does NOT guarantee a quick decision as every case is different but evidence shows that MAJORITY applicants have got a faster decision via appointment route.

But there is a MINORITY who still is waiting even after submitting biometrics via UKVCAS appointment also.

Hope you can make an informed decision.

chace0018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by chace0018 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 am

CULLINAN wrote:

Yes, Tier 2 route attended a paid appointment on 7th in Croydon and still waiting for a decision. Not sure what is going on

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 am

ANS1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has received a similar email from Admin ukvas team from sophra steria following idv biometrics submission. Email today-

"Dear Sir/Madam
I am getting in touch regarding your application.
UKVI have contacted us and advised you require an urgent appointment.
In order to progress your application as soon as possible you are now able to book an appointment through your UKVCAS account online. If you are unable to find an appointment in a suitable timeframe you can call the UKVCAS contact centre on 0844 892 0232 and we will facilitate an appointment for you as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely
UKVCAS Customer Services"

I called ukvcas as their twitter acc was unable to help. They said to ignore it as it's likely just an outdated generic response from their side following us emailing in (we didn't receive the biometrics app invite in the specified deadline so emailed last week). They said biometrics were submitted through app and sent to ukvi so no point booking appointment. Also called Ukvi team but they were unable to help as usual.

Just very uneasy about the whole thing and do not know what to believe as no where in any replies we've had back mentions idv, always just appointment.
@user Sweetlarkee reported the same yesterday. You may scroll back and see the answers to your similar query.

Atreya
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Atreya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks for your previous reply CULLINAN! :)
I went for appointment ONLY on 12/09/2020. Application was submitted 21/08/2020, and it's SET(0) - Tier 2 General route, via solicitor assigned by my current employer. My 5 years period was split between two employers. I'm still waiting (have been refreshing right to work page and my inbox every 15 minutes today!

goodluckeveryone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by goodluckeveryone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Set M applied in Aug11, went for in person bio only on 8th Sep and waiting... I know theres earlier applicant who are yet to receive a decision but its a bit frustrating now to see people went after me who got their approval....Anyone else in same boat please post so I know I'm not alone...thank you...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Note applicants who only submitted their applications in August/Sep should NOT be expecting a decision. It is too early.

Anyone who applied March - July and submitted biometrics via IDV app and still waiting, may consider dual submissions if in URGENT need of a decision.

going_dicey12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by going_dicey12 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Atreya wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am

I'm still waiting (have been refreshing right to work page and my inbox every 15 minutes today!
This is literally my life right now. They probably think its a DDOS attack for how often I'm refreshing. Though I still have managed to memorise my BRP number.

vmp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vmp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this question or if this was already discussed previously (couldn't get any results searching). I've applied for ILR (SET M) and uploaded (and submitted to UKVI too) all documents to UKVCAS. Now I'be booked for a biometrics appointment and was wondering whether I should print all documents and take to appointment. As per the confirmation email from UKVCAS, it said we should take all supporting documents, even if we have already uploaded copies online. Most of my documents are just soft copies and though printing all of them is just a waste of paper. Can you please advice?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm

vmp wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm
Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this question or if this was already discussed previously (couldn't get any results searching). I've applied for ILR (SET M) and uploaded (and submitted to UKVI too) all documents to UKVCAS. Now I'be booked for a biometrics appointment and was wondering whether I should print all documents and take to appointment. As per the confirmation email from UKVCAS, it said we should take all supporting documents, even if we have already uploaded copies online. Most of my documents are just soft copies and though printing all of them is just a waste of paper. Can you please advice?
Carry originals only. No soft copies. Just to be on the safe side in case a poor scan needs to be redone. Passport and appointment confirmation is mandatory only.

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 am
ANS1 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has received a similar email from Admin ukvas team from sophra steria following idv biometrics submission.
@user Sweetlarkee reported the same yesterday. You may scroll back and see the answers to your similar query.
Oops sorry, really don't know how I managed to miss that whole conversation. I must have looked away for a minute! Thank you @CULLINAN, amazing as always.
Looks like we can just ignore that email then...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 pm

@ANS1
I must have looked away for a minute!
:lol: or maybe you were refreshing your emails at that moment :P

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Atreya wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am
CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks for your previous reply CULLINAN! :)
I went for appointment ONLY on 12/09/2020. Application was submitted 21/08/2020, and it's SET(0) - Tier 2 General route, via solicitor assigned by my current employer. My 5 years period was split between two employers. I'm still waiting (have been refreshing right to work page and my inbox every 15 minutes today!
I somehow thought you receive a decision prior to any updates are made on the work in the UK page?

I applied on 27/7, opted out of reuse of biometrics, didn't use the app and went for my in person appointment one week ago exactly. Still nothing..
I have lived in the UK for 11.5 years (came as a child student) and beginning to think my application decision is taking time to be reached because the HO are checking my 11 year history in the UK..

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 pm
@ANS1
I must have looked away for a minute!
:lol: or maybe you were refreshing your emails at that moment :P
Hahahaha
Story of my life!!!!😄

athinglikethat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by athinglikethat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

I went for an appointment at UKVCAS (no IDV) on 8 September, and have gotten no correspondence of any sort from UKVI. I'm a SET(M) applicant.

It's certainly nerve-wracking when reading the quick turnarounds after biometrics that people are posting in the timeline threads.

Jay*
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jay* » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 pm

I submitted my application on 31st July and submitted my biometrics via Appointment route only on 02 Sep. I am still waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

In my personal observation, I think Tier 2 applicants (majority cases) are getting faster decisions than any other route to ILR.

Jay*
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jay* » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

Looks like i am one of those exception
I am set 0 -Tier 2 General
May be I got a delay email "6 months " very next day after my appointment

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Jay* wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Looks like i am one of those exception
I am set 0 -Tier 2 General
I am an appointment only appliacant and still waiting..