ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verifying identity for passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crazihypes
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Verifying identity for passport

Post by crazihypes » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Guys so when I applied for my British passport, I originally choose to verify though email so the link was sent to the person work email. But the person had to change shifts last minute so I then choose to verify identity through post as the person doesn’t live too far from me. However the issue is now someone has past away for the person and they have to go out of London immediately but thankfully still willing to do it. But there is no option to change back to verifying through email??? The link sent to the person is also void so can’t use. I don’t have anyone else to use that’s a professional person. If I call the passport office do you think they will resend a email verification or not?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Verifying identity for passport

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:38 pm

As far as I know, you can not change once submitted online. You will have to rely on the method you chose to verify your identity.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by miku » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:53 pm

you can change the referee online - so you can just give again the same person's details just via email

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm

miku wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:53 pm
you can change the referee online - so you can just give again the same person's details just via email
Even after submission and payment?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Even after submission and payment?
I think you can, I do remember seeing that option when I applied. It tells you that if referee didn’t reply, you can change him/her.