ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm

newuser79 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 am
Hello CULLINAN,

I tried all the centres nothing there. I will try to see on 21st if I can get an appointment for my son on 22nd along with me when they said I can book. If I cant find one then I may want to cancel mine and rebook with him. But problem is i will not have 48 hours cancellation window. Confused!

Thanks again !!
That is a gamble. If you cancel yours, you may or may not find free appointments OR you may find on a later date. If you are in no rush, maybe you can consider cancelling now and book a free appointment at a later date. This way you can minimise your own costs and by that time maybe your son can also book at the same centre/date/time.

What is the centre you are looking at?
I will check for you if any free appointments are available as I have access to the system.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm

robinsingh28 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 pm
Hi All,

Me and my family submitted the visa extension application on 15th April 2020 and still haven't received anything from home office or UKVCAS. We havent been able to book a biometric appointment as no slots are available.

We are currently on the 10 Year Family Route and then we will get the ILR.

It has been 5 months and we have not recieved any email regarding biometric or anything.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Who has applied in April and still havent been contacted by Home Office or UKVCAS?

I am getting a bit worried to be honest because some people who applied way after me for example, I know someone who applied in July and they got their biometrics done and now waiting for the BRP's to arrive.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Kind Regards!
Robin
I have already answered this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yp888
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by yp888 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi everyone, I submitted my SET(M) on 21/04/2020 and did the IDV app on 24/08/20. And finally decided to go for in person biometric appointment (dual submission) on 14/09/2020 (@ Reading £69.90). Receive decision today 17/09/2020. I am not sure but seems like the in person appointment helped to speed up the decision. I will update the photo as soon as BRP card arrives.

rose13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rose13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 pm

robinsingh28 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:15 pm
rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm
I am still waiting and waiting for my decision.
Applied on 1st of April, IDV done on 21st August and paid for a F2F appointment on 11th Sept.
I really don't know what else I can do. I just want this nightmare to over. :(
You have done your biometrics? I haven't been contacted to do my biometrics yet. My solicitor keeps checking for available biometric appointments but it says "No Available Appointments" everywhere
Yes I have, I booked a next day appointment last Friday.

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:32 pm

To manage demand a set number of customers per day can use super piority service. Once this number has been reached the option to select this service will not appear on your online application form.....its says on visa and immigration service .gov.uk..

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 pm

got a message from other forum/group that super priority appointment will start in phased manner and only limited number of slots will be available each day. I told my partner, that we wont believe it until Cullinan/Immigration board confirms this :).. so if anyone here can provide confirmation?

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 pm
got a message from other forum/group that super priority appointment will start in phased manner and only limited number of slots will be available each day. I told my partner, that we wont believe it until Cullinan/Immigration board confirms this :).. so if anyone here can provide confirmation?
To manage demand a set number of customers per day can use super piority service. Once this number has been reached the option to select this service will not appear on your online application form.....its says on visa and immigration service .gov.uk..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Cristina88 wrote:
Useful to copy paste the link?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
As far as I know, there is no official confirmation. Can you please paste the link from the gov website?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Fz420 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Cristina88 wrote:
Thanks but cant find this on the gov.uk website. The old advisory of priority suspension is still there.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm

If this ( https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr ) is the link the posts are referring to, beware that this has never been changed on the webpage, whereas this link ( https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement ) had been updated and still shows priority and super priority as suspended.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm

I submitted my Set(O) T2G application on the 13th of September. Went for the standard procedure as that was the only existing option. i have also uploaded and submitted my documents in UKVCAS website on the 13th of Sep. Can i book for an appointment on the 21 of September. As new applicants from Sep 5 wont be receiving invites for IDV app does it mean the wait time is now reduced and we are able to book an appointment quicker.
Could someone explain please ? How does this work ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm
I submitted my Set(O) T2G application on the 13th of September. Went for the standard procedure as that was the only existing option. i have also uploaded and submitted my documents in UKVCAS website on the 13th of Sep. Can i book for an appointment on the 21 of September. As new applicants from Sep 5 wont be receiving invites for IDV app does it mean the wait time is now reduced and we are able to book an appointment quicker.
Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.
thanks a lot for the reply.
If i understand this right this is now a relatively quicker process compared to waiting to receive an email regarding IDV and then book an appointment. Is it so ?

joshualee155
Newly Registered
China

Post by joshualee155 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi All, as a silent reader I always appreciate the help and discussion from everyone, especially the moderators @CULLINAN and @CR001. As I just got ILR approval I think it would be helpful to post my time line here as I am one of the IDV-only applicants.

Type: Set (O) Tier 2 with one dependant
Date of Submission: 10-07 (through solicitor)
Date of IDV invitation: 29-08
Date of IDV submission: 02-09
Date of approval letter: 17-09 (both mine and my wife's)

Will post the same at the time line thread.

Thank you all!

LRZhang12
Newly Registered
China

Post by LRZhang12 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi all,

I am a SET(O) 5 years Tier 2 applicant and just received my approval today! Thanks a lot for the help I received in this forum, especially from the gurus and moderators. I had the appointment in person on 7 Sept 2020 at Sunderland and was getting anxious when I see a lot of 2-3 days turnaround from the in person appointment. I got my MP's help to inquire my case because I have faced a severe delay in the past for my Tier 2 extension application. I would say MP's help is essential for my case.

Hope it helps and all the best to your application!

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:32 pm

I have been reading this forum regarding the timeframe of decision for last few months. It seems that Set O has more decision being made quickly as I mainly seen Set O decision made. Is there anybody whose application was in April, may , and June has submitted biometric via IDV App and are still waiting for decision ? I don’t see many those people mentioned the timeframe or they all opted to book in person appointment?

kkkkc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kkkkc » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:53 pm

kkkkc wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 am
I noticed yesterday that FREE UKVCAS appointments had been released. They're available at Croydon core and Lansdowne Road (also at Croydon). I managed to book a free slot for tomorrow morning at Lansdowne. I submitted using IDV at the end of August, but I just couldn't be bothered to wait for the app submission to be processed as it's moving extremely slowly from reports we've seen so far.
Decision received one day after my appointment. Timeline:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1937515

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm

rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm
I am still waiting and waiting for my decision.
Applied on 1st of April, IDV done on 21st August and paid for a F2F appointment on 11th Sept.
I really don't know what else I can do. I just want this nightmare to over. :(
I share your pain... All we have to do is continue to wait as we have done all we can!!! 😌😌 Applied April 4, SET LR, IDV 22/08/20, in person BIO15/9/20.. .... Still waiting! I wonder when it will be🥺

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
thanks a lot for the reply.
If i understand this right this is now a relatively quicker process compared to waiting to receive an email regarding IDV and then book an appointment. Is it so ?
Correct. The UKVCAS is going back to normal routine on 21st Sep.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Gilo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:32 pm
I have been reading this forum regarding the timeframe of decision for last few months. It seems that Set O has more decision being made quickly as I mainly seen Set O decision made. Is there anybody whose application was in April, may , and June has submitted biometric via IDV App and are still waiting for decision ? I don’t see many those people mentioned the timeframe or they all opted to book in person appointment?
You may want to scroll back and read last 2 days posts. You will know then.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm

joshualee155 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:23 pm
Hi All, as a silent reader I always appreciate the help and discussion from everyone, especially the moderators @CULLINAN and @CR001. As I just got ILR approval I think it would be helpful to post my time line here as I am one of the IDV-only applicants.

Type: Set (O) Tier 2 with one dependant
Date of Submission: 10-07 (through solicitor)
Date of IDV invitation: 29-08
Date of IDV submission: 02-09
Date of approval letter: 17-09 (both mine and my wife's)

Will post the same at the time line thread.

Thank you all!
Congratulations 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:14 pm

LRZhang12 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm
Hi all,

I am a SET(O) 5 years Tier 2 applicant and just received my approval today! Thanks a lot for the help I received in this forum, especially from the gurus and moderators. I had the appointment in person on 7 Sept 2020 at Sunderland and was getting anxious when I see a lot of 2-3 days turnaround from the in person appointment. I got my MP's help to inquire my case because I have faced a severe delay in the past for my Tier 2 extension application. I would say MP's help is essential for my case.

Hope it helps and all the best to your application!
Congratulations 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:24 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Update 17th Sep

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 pm

going_dicey12 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm
Atreya wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am

I'm still waiting (have been refreshing right to work page and my inbox every 15 minutes today!
This is literally my life right now. They probably think its a DDOS attack for how often I'm refreshing. Though I still have managed to memorise my BRP number.
Hi going_dicey12, Atreya,
Can you please let me know how to check ones right to work? When I entered the BRP number its shows that it has expired. Is there any other way?