ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from Home Office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Application questions

Post by ClaudUK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Fellow members, can you help me with my case please
I am applying for an extension, I came across some questions which are difficult to answer.

Visa I hold: Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter

Visa that I am applying for: Spouse visa Extension - FLR (M)

What’s on my BRB
----------------------------------------------------------
Name: Given name and Surname
Valid until: 09-08-2020
Place and date of issue: UK 02-11-2017
Type of permit: Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter
Remarks: Work permitted

----------------------------------------------------------

I just have some questions on the online application, Would you please help:
Here are the following application questions in bold.

Section: UK immigration status
1) What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

• Visit

Work

Study

Family

EEA residence permit or card

Settlement
I have previously answered similar question,
section: Current status
Question: What type of residence permit or visa do you have?
Answer: spouse/partner leave to enter

My question: What do I pick family, work or settlement?
I have work permitted on my BRP.

2) on the English language section:
How did you get your result?
Certificate
Online reference number

My question: I have passed test at trinity college london. So I am able to use the online reference number and to provide the home office with a copy of Certificate. What answer do I choose?

Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live?
The last statement
All the statements for the last two years?

3) Family Consent
Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
My question: Does this mean your sponsor (my wife in my case)?

Declarations:
in this section the “third party” thingy is so confusing would you please clarify

4) PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration:
My question: is this my wife who is my sponsor, and me?

5) PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor
If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration:

My question: is this my wife, who is my sponsor in this case?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Application questions

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:32 pm

1. Settlement

2. Selecting certificate (if you have) will cover both (certificate & reference number)

3. 1st declaration is for applicant whereas 2nd for sponsor but 3rd doesn't apply to you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Re: FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Application questions

Post by ClaudUK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:03 pm

Thank you, for your quick concise response

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Email from Home Office

Post by ClaudUK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi Everyone, hope you have a lovely day.

After receiving an email from UKVCAS to use the IDV app to upload my documents and sent take a photo. they said that they would use my submitted biometrics in my previous application.

After two days from my application submission date, I received an email from the Home Office which I do not quite understand, can anyone please explain to me what they mean? is it just a validation of submission? or do I need to book an appointment? I was told not to if I have used the app. I have highlighted the ambiguous parts.

Has anyone else received this email before?
Thank you so much for your help in advance.

The email was sent by FLRMDocuments

--------------------------------
Dear Sir or Madam

Re: xxxxx D.O.B: xxxxxxx

PLEASE QUOTE REF: 27XXXXXX IN ANY CORRESPONDENCE.
Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing, and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself, have been closed. Some centers are now opening with limited capacity so you may now be able to get an appointment – it is important you attend if an appointment is offered.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards.

Yours sincerely

FLRM VALIDATION

HOME OFFICE

----------------------------
To Clarify my questions: the bits in bold don't make any sense to me as they asked me to upload my documents to the app. and that I do not need to submit any biometrics.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Email from Home Office

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:15 pm

It's a standard notification of possible delay email some have received. You can ignore it.

Have you submitted via the app?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

fahad-net
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fahad-net » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 pm

Standard email ....I received the same yesterday as well and applied in Jul...waiting to go for appointment...

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Thanks guys for your responses, I really appreciate it.
Korekt wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:15 pm
It's a standard notification of possible delay email some have received. You can ignore it.

Yes I have submitted via the IDV app. This is a spouse visa extension application. UKVCAS mentioned in a previous email that:

UKVI have identified me as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.
Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

The confusing parts in the email are the followings:
"it is important you attend if an appointment is offered."

and this:

"Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted."

Which makes you wonder, Did I mess it up when I submitted the documents using the app!? and now they want me to attend an appointment!!!
fahad-net wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 pm
Standard email ....I received the same yesterday as well and applied in Jul...waiting to go for appointment...
Didn't you use the app fahad-net?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Our of curiosity what date did you submit your application.

We applied 24th July. IDV app on 30th and its CONFIRMED submitted. Application falls out of 8 weeks next Friday so was thinking its just a standard email that fires off automatically before the 8 weeks are up.

I am not happy with the wording either. We HAVE submitted biometrics and in the UKVACs portal I do see appointments available even tomorrow.

I am planning to call UKVI for an explanation as it appears there's a disconnect between UKVACS and UKVI!!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:21 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:06 pm
Our of curiosity what date did you submit your application.

We applied 24th July. IDV app on 30th and its CONFIRMED submitted. Application falls out of 8 weeks next Friday so was thinking its just a standard email that fires off automatically before the 8 weeks are up.

I am not happy with the wording either. We HAVE submitted biometrics and in the UKVACs portal I do see appointments available even tomorrow.

I am planning to call UKVI for an explanation as it appears there's a disconnect between UKVACS and UKVI!!
EXACTLY!! There is be a disconnection between the two. I think we should email them.

Here is what happened

21st Jul: Submission of Application (Spouse Visa extension)
6th Aug: EMAIL Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app (Biometrics to be reused)
9th Aug: BRP Expiry date
8th Sep: EMAIL Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app and to submit documents
10th Sep: Submission of documents and taking a photo ID using the IDV app.
11th Sep: EMAIL from FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk that I shared with you.

I still haven't received any confirmation of documents submission. Can you please share the confirmation email?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm

If you log into IDV app you'll see that it its submitted.

OK so I am aware of the tech they use in HO (I'm a professional in the field) so this IS an automated message 7 weeks and 2 or 3 days later..they may have just a days difference if submitted or have a public holiday in the way.

In a way I am glad we are in the same boat with applications sent with just a few days difference. Just keep the thread up to date.

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:54 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm
If you log into IDV app you'll see that it its submitted.

OK so I am aware of the tech they use in HO (I'm a professional in the field) so this IS an automated message 7 weeks and 2 or 3 days later..they may have just a days difference if submitted or have a public holiday in the way.

In a way I am glad we are in the same boat with applications sent with just a few days difference. Just keep the thread up to date.
That's great, we'll keep in touch.
Yes the submission button is grey now. It was greyed out they day I submitted the documents.
Thanks for the reply I'll keep you guys updated.

fahad-net
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fahad-net » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:58 pm

ClaudUK wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:26 pm
Thanks guys for your responses, I really appreciate it.
Korekt wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Yes I have submitted via the IDV app. This is a spouse visa extension application. UKVCAS mentioned in a previous email that:

UKVI have identified me as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.
Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

The confusing parts in the email are the followings:
"it is important you attend if an appointment is offered."

and this:

"Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted."

Which makes you wonder, Did I mess it up when I submitted the documents using the app!? and now they want me to attend an appointment!!!
fahad-net wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 pm
Didn't you use the app fahad-net?
No I haven't but have seen there was slot for appointment and selected to go for enhanced one next week. Will update you all accordingly....

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 pm

fahad-net wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:58 pm

No I haven't but have seen there was slot for appointment and selected to go for enhanced one next week. Will update you all accordingly....
That's great. Thanks, fahad-net. Good luck with your appointment!
Looking forward to hearing from you.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am

Hi Claud

I contacted UKVI on Monday to escalate as we have travel plans as a family. No response. I emailed/called my local MP

The rep called me yesterday after speaking to UKVI who said the application is complex and need more time to decide.

It dawned on me that when it was the paper based application a few years ago, acknowledgement letters used to be sent AFTER biometrics are given to provide some form of SLA/timescale. Unfortunately, the case we submitted whilst meeting all immigration rules they deem as complex.

So I've concluded the email that has been sent does actually mean a decision won't be made within 8 weeks. Trashes my husband's plan for a family holiday. Quite upset to be honest

I do hope for better news on your end.. :cry:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:48 pm

bathanza wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am
Hi Claud

I contacted UKVI on Monday to escalate as we have travel plans as a family. No response. I emailed/called my local MP

The rep called me yesterday after speaking to UKVI who said the application is complex and need more time to decide.

It dawned on me that when it was the paper based application a few years ago, acknowledgement letters used to be sent AFTER biometrics are given to provide some form of SLA/timescale. Unfortunately, the case we submitted whilst meeting all immigration rules they deem as complex.

So I've concluded the email that has been sent does actually mean a decision won't be made within 8 weeks. Trashes my husband's plan for a family holiday. Quite upset to be honest

Congratulations, go enjoy your deserved holidays.

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 pm

bathanza wrote:
Hi Claud

Oh God, Sorry to hear that. I know how disapointing it is :cry:
I think with COVID situation any application will take longer than usual to process.

I'd give it 10 or 12 weeks minimum just to be safe. Because we don't know how many applications were backlogged.

The good news is there is no priority service so it won't delay it for standard applications.

Keep us posted guys.
And good luck!

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm

ClaudUK wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 pm
bathanza wrote:
Hi Claud

Oh God, Sorry to hear that. I know how disapointing it is :cry:
I think with COVID situation any application will take longer than usual to process.

I'd give it 10 or 12 weeks minimum just to be safe. Because we don't know how many applications were backlogged.

The good news is there is no priority service so it won't delay it for standard applications.

Keep us posted guys.
And good luck!
Got approval for 5 year route today x

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:56 pm

bathanza wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Got approval for 5 year route today x
Wouuuhouu, Good news, Congratulations for you and your husband, bathanza!
So it wasn't complicated after all.

How long it took then? 9 weeks from the application date?
What do you mean by the 5 year route approval? you mean Spouse extension approval? or the switch to FLR (M) 5 year route?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Got the approval within 8 weeks so within time.

It was a first application on FLR M route as switched from FLR FP.

Perhaps it was a complication for a day or so?!

Keep this post updated friend.

ClaudUK
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by ClaudUK » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi Guys, Hope you are okay. Still haven't heard from the UKVI, any updates on your applications?