ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recommendation letter addressed to?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubun
Newly Registered
India

High Salary to suggest "recognized as a leading talent"

Post by bubun » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:17 am

Hi all,

As a justification of the "recognized as a leading talent", do you think a (relatively) high salary create a strong case? I live and work in USA. I could use all the Govt and private wage comparison databases to possibly show that my salary may be in the top 10% among all the people with similar experience.

Is that advised? Please feel free to enlighten me with your comments.

And thanks to all people for amazingly and selflessly helping the potential candidates!!

Bubun

bubun
Newly Registered
India

Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation

Post by bubun » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:18 am

Hello all,

I have a query on the Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation.

I am an editor of a couple of international journals in computer science and signal processing. I have reviewed many research papers for those journals. Could this be cited as a proof for the "contribution outside immediate occupation" criteria? If so, would a letter from the journal suffice?

Thanks in advance!!

Bubun

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation

Post by DreamerBeliever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:06 pm

bubun wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:18 am
Hello all,

I have a query on the Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation.

I am an editor of a couple of international journals in computer science and signal processing. I have reviewed many research papers for those journals. Could this be cited as a proof for the "contribution outside immediate occupation" criteria? If so, would a letter from the journal suffice?

Thanks in advance!!

Bubun
Hi Bubun,

In my personal view, the "contribution outside the immediate occupation" should be looked along with another lens - whether it has contributed to the advancement of digital technology sector. If you can show that your reviewing these research papers contributed to the advancement, then I feel it could be a valid evidence.

bubun
Newly Registered
India

Recommendation letter addressed to?

Post by bubun » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 am

Can anyone share any insight on who the letters should be addressed to? Would it be something like,

Date: xx/yy/zzzz

Tech Nation
UK

To whom it may concern

This letter is to support....<blah blah>

DreamerBeliever
India

Re: Recommendation letter addressed to?

Post by DreamerBeliever » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:55 pm

bubun wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 am
Can anyone share any insight on who the letters should be addressed to? Would it be something like,

Date: xx/yy/zzzz

Tech Nation
UK

To whom it may concern

This letter is to support....<blah blah>
Hi Bubun,
Since you are addressing the letter to Tech Nation, I think the "To Whom it may concern" is not needed. Additionally, you could say that the letter is in support of [applicant name]'s application under the Exceptional Talent / Exceptional Promise route (whichever is applicable).