ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Format for Writing a letter to MP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Format for Writing a letter to MP

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 am

HI All,

Need some urgent help.

This morning after 5 months of waiting of the application, I escalated the case on 21 Aug 2020. I have finally got the following response from the "decision-making" team this morning.

"This application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision. We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not always able to meet our usual service standards."

Shall I be worried, I am unsure what does "exceptionally complex issues mean". As far as I thought it was a straight forward case. Can someone give me some advice please urgently.

I am panicking now, shall I lawyer up?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:06 am

It is a generic email. Many get this, even before Covid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Selina001
United Kingdom

Post by Selina001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:06 am
Hi CR001,

I am just wondering if this email is sent to everyone? I have noticed some people have received it and some haven’t, any idea why?

I’ve also applied for my partner’s tier 4 to be switched to the FLR(M)

Thanks
Selina

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:34 pm

Selina001 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:06 am
Hi CR001,

I am just wondering if this email is sent to everyone? I have noticed some people have received it and some haven’t, any idea why?

I’ve also applied for my partner’s tier 4 to be switched to the FLR(M)

Thanks
Selina
No idea, as mod said generic. A couple of days ago someone got something akin to that in in about 48hrs visa was approved.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Call your MPs office, the case workers there can pick up a call to a direct line at UKVI and ask for an update.

Seems like a familiar generic statement, almost word for word that is what UKVI said about my husband's case where it was a simple(ish - see my posts about this) switch to FLR M form 10 year to 5 year route when I asked the MP's office to escalate.

That is what they are there for. Write an email explaining what has happened, send it to the MP and contact the office. I got a call back from the MP's office Wednesday and approval was given yesterday. DESPITE UKVI saying that the case raises complexities. God help every migrant through the anxiety they face with this organisation!!!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:12 am

Hi ,

I would like to thank everyone for helping me in this journey.

I am pleased to say that the visa was granted.

For anyone sponsoring their spouse and trying to switch jobs while u are waiting for the decision. In my case, turned out that you can do it, as the only thing you need to proove is your employment "at the time of the application" not whilst they are making a decision. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Regards,