ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor my mother and mother in law to visit UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Sponsor my mother and mother in law to visit UK

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi guys,

Please accept my apologies if I've posted my question in a wrong section.

I have had my ILR for a year and qualify to apply for naturalisation next month but before I do that, I'd like to invite my mother and mother in law to visit us.

I understand that they'll need to apply for a general visitor visa but I have a few of questions:

For my mother:

1. Can I sponsor the trip for my mother and provide my bank statements, mortgage and a cover letter to confirm that she'll be staying with us and that I'll cover her expenses?
2. My father and two brothers are still back home so to prove that she'll return after a visiting us, is it sufficient to provide the (family home) property ownership documents that are in my father's name? What else could we should to confirm that she'll return?
3. Do we have to purchase a return flight ticket and attach with our visa application?

For my mother in law:

1. My brother in law has sufficient funds in bank account to sponsor my mother in laws trip. Could we use his bank statements as a supporting document with her visa application?
2. She does not have any real assets in her name but my father in law has shared ownership of their family home but he's already overseas.
3. Am I still allowed to provider her a sponsorship letter to confirm that she'll be staying in our home during her stay but funds will be sponsored by his son?

Finally, we have a three bed house so is it possible to provide both of them my sponsorship letter to confirm that they'll be staying with us together/at the same time?

Thanks for your help!

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor my mother and mother in law to visit UK

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:14 pm

shoaibrehman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm
Hi guys,

Please accept my apologies if I've posted my question in a wrong section.

I have had my ILR for a year and qualify to apply for naturalisation next month but before I do that, I'd like to invite my mother and mother in law to visit us.

I understand that they'll need to apply for a general visitor visa but I have a few of questions:

For my mother:

1. Can I sponsor the trip for my mother and provide my bank statements, mortgage and a cover letter to confirm that she'll be staying with us and that I'll cover her expenses?
2. My father and two brothers are still back home so to prove that she'll return after a visiting us, is it sufficient to provide the (family home) property ownership documents that are in my father's name? What else could we should to confirm that she'll return?
3. Do we have to purchase a return flight ticket and attach with our visa application?

For my mother in law:

1. My brother in law has sufficient funds in bank account to sponsor my mother in laws trip. Could we use his bank statements as a supporting document with her visa application?
2. She does not have any real assets in her name but my father in law has shared ownership of their family home but he's already overseas.
3. Am I still allowed to provider her a sponsorship letter to confirm that she'll be staying in our home during her stay but funds will be sponsored by his son?

Finally, we have a three bed house so is it possible to provide both of them my sponsorship letter to confirm that they'll be staying with us together/at the same time?

Thanks for your help!
From sponsor side:
1.Sponsor's Bank statement for at least 3 months
2.Sponsor's payslips for at least 3 months or SA302
in case of self employed
3. Sponsorship letter
4. Sponsor's Tenancy agreement
5. Sponsor's property evaluation that you can
accommodate him/her during his stay
6.Sponsor's immigration status in the UK

From Applicant' side
1. His/her financial status:-should provide bank statements plus what he/shd is doing: his/her work
2. Must provides ties with his/her country because UKVI want him/her to return back before expiry of his/her leave.
3.Property documents if he has.

These are main documents to provide with application but not limited to these one only as you may need extra documents.
You must need to evaluate ur property. Should attach that report wid application so that you can accommodate them. Most applications are refused on financial reason so you need to focus on it and you should capable to support them and you can also provide secondary sponsorship which would strengthen ur case. Don't buy tickets before you get passport back from Abu Dhabi. Hope it make sense.

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:14 am

Thanks but what do you mean by secondary sponsorship?

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:12 pm

shoaibrehman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:14 am
Thanks but what do you mean by secondary sponsorship?
You are the main sponsor and if someone else is willing to sponsor the person(s) who are going to visit you then that sponsor would be secondary along side u. For example, if your brother is financially sound and is willing to sponsor his mother then you are main sponsor and ur brother will be secondary or vice vorsa. Hope it makes sense.

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:05 am

Thank you.

Just another question, do we need to book a return ticket prior to making the visa application?

Thanks
Shoaib