ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get penalised for missing document?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

finallyilrlr
Mood:
United Kingdom

Will I get penalised for missing document?

Post by finallyilrlr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before - the search terms I used were too generic and produced 100s of pages of non-relevant results.

I have submitted my application for BC after LR-ILR + 1 year. I have uploaded all the relevant documents required but realised my passport only started in Nov 2015. The passport before this I do not have - and mentioned this in my LR-ILR application. Instead I have submitted my BRP scans that I have from that period and my degree certificates that cover the time period Sep 2015 - Nov 2015. Will this be sufficient?

I managed to dig out an old letter confirming I am a full time student from dates 2014-2018, should I try to send this in? Unfortunately I have submitted my documents on UKVCAS and cannot edit. I am yet to go to my biometric appointment, but I can print ahead of that?

Please let me know if you think this is ok - or recommend an email I can send a cover letter to etc.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best wishes, :D

finallyilrlr
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Will I get penalised for missing document?

Post by finallyilrlr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm

I should mention this means that they dont know if I was actually in the country on the day I applied (15 Sep).

I dont have that passport with me anymore - in this case what can I do? will my brp suffice? (ignore the mild panic)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Where is your old passport? Do you have a copy of it? If its lost do you have a police report?

Anyways, a mandatory requirement is that you should be physically present in UK at the start of the qualifying period. You must prove it. Also, your passport(s) should cover the full qualifying period, otherwise,

You MUST send alternative evidence for missed period. University letter, employment letter, P60s, government letters or anything that could prove that.

Also, write a cover letter and explain.

HO will not be able to process your application otherwise. They might write to you which may cause delays.

Its best to act on it quickly and post documents to Home Office via recorded delivery. Search the address.

Also email:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:06 pm

UK Visas and Immigration
Permanent Migration
The Capital Building
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

finallyilrlr
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by finallyilrlr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Thank you!

My passport was actually kept by the embassy when I renewed it - I disclosed this in my ILR.

For the university - do I need a new letter dated recently? I have letters from 2015 saying I was a full-time student at the time. Also - they have my BRP and the scan of the first page of the missing passport, surely they can check their own immigration records?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:08 pm

I am yet to go to my biometric appointment, but I can print ahead of that?
Wait, I just noticed you still have to attend your biometrics appointment. Just upload the evidence before your appointment. UKVCAS staff will submit for you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:10 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:08 pm
Thank you!

My passport was actually kept by the embassy when I renewed it - I disclosed this in my ILR.

For the university - do I need a new letter dated recently? I have letters from 2015 saying I was a full-time student at the time. Also - they have my BRP and the scan of the first page of the missing passport, surely they can check their own immigration records?
Yes thats fine but how would your prove you were physically in UK on 16th Sep 2015?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Which embassy has your passport? Anyways, Home Office will check their records. Its good if you travelled before 16th Sep and can prove that with a ticket.. about your arrival in UK... or any last travel before 16th Sep 2015...
Last edited by CULLINAN on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finallyilrlr
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by finallyilrlr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Cullinan I appreciate all your help! I am hoping that their own immigration records can back this up! (given I have submitted my old passport number and brp card from the time!). There is no proof because I physically do not have it!

I will take on your advice and upload a cover letter and send an email too. Thank you for being a guardian angel on these forums!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:16 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:14 pm
Cullinan I appreciate all your help! I am hoping that their own immigration records can back this up! (given I have submitted my old passport number and brp card from the time!). There is no proof because I physically do not have it!

I will take on your advice and upload a cover letter and send an email too. Thank you for being a guardian angel on these forums!
Pls read my edited last post..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm

No need to send an email. Just upload a cover letter and evidence and submit on your appointment date @UKVCAS. The staff will submit for you.