ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Granted during Covid, Visa and BRP questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Granted during Covid, Visa and BRP questions

Post by Izzy99 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi all

Hope you’re all well. My wife’s First FLR(M) following an initial fiancé visa was granted yesterday; received a decision by email.

We applied back in May but had to wait to submit biometrics via the app. We did that earlier this month and got the acceptance yesterday.

However, I have a couple of questions I’m hoping someone could clarify:

As the passport isn’t taken she doesn’t have any actual physical visa this time like she did for the fiancé visa. Was this always the case with FLRM or is this just due to COVID?

What’s the purpose of the BRP? Is it proof of Visa?

Also for anyone that’s had a BRP issued recently do they currently have National Insurance numbers issued with them. I’ve heard this is sometimes printed on the card but just wondering if we need to apply separately for an NI number?

Lastly and this is thinking really forward. Any tips on things we should prepare for her next Visa.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Granted during Covid, Visa and BRP questions

Post by bathanza » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:25 pm

First of all, congratulations!

The BRP that will be given is considered your physical Visa and no endorsements are in passports anymore in country.

The BRP is used to register for NI and is essential for when travelling out and into the country..keep it safe its a headache to deal with replacements

As for NI wait until you get the card. Some people do have an NI assigned otherwise you just have to apply for one

The main thing is for you to keep on top of immigration rules. The main family route has a few essential requirements

1 - be married/living together for more than 2 years.. keep your wedding certificate safe.
2 - minimum income - 18.6k or cash savings. Make sure before expiry of her visa your house is in order, i would recommend keep a habit of downloading payslips and making sure statements are sound
3 - language test. Different levels for different extensions. Just look at rules 6 months before expiry
4 - cohabitation: ensure you have at least 3 sources of joint utility bills. Make your life easier by making a file and keep hold of proof. Makes extension so much easier!

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.