ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:23 am

Korekt wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:50 pm
Applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep have reported to have access to the booking system for now.. You will be able to book from 21st Sep or earlier.. You need to keep checking the system...
Are there any among these who haven't been invited to use the IDV app?
Must be. Not everyone qualifies for IDV app i.e. biometrics reuse.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:30 am

It seems we'll have to wait for their latest update so see what they playing at then; with what seems to be contradictory messages.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:32 am

Korekt wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:30 am
It seems we'll have to wait for their latest update so see what they playing at then; with what seems to be contradictory messages.
Correct seems like applicants 5th Sep onwards are only allowed to book appointments as per the official update but then many have reported receiving the IDV invite in the same lot..... Personally I would not risk going for IDV in this circumstance....
If UKVCAS received your application on or before 4 September 2020 you should have received an email inviting you to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app.

If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

j4v3d
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by j4v3d » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:35 am

Any FLR(M) applicants received any decisions? Especially those that have used the IDV App?

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:30 am

j4v3d wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:35 am
Any FLR(M) applicants received any decisions? Especially those that have used the IDV App?
Yes, applied in July, IDV submitted 8 SEP and decision received 17 SEP. We escalated and were constantly chasing them though.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:50 am

ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:30 am
j4v3d wrote:
Yes, applied in July, IDV submitted 8 SEP and decision received 17 SEP. We escalated and were constantly chasing them though.
How did you escalate/chase them? My family would be in a difficult situation if I don't get a decision for my SET LR application by end of December. Submitted my photo using IDV on 6th sept. Thanks.
Last edited by ruzfactor on Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am

poper wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 pm
SET(LR) applicants...

Can you please update the timeline thread. It appears like April/May applicants are still waiting for a decision.
Whereas, September SET(O) applicants have already started receiving decisions

indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... 4-240.html
I hope they do. I checked the last four pages of SET(LR) and only 3-4 members reported they have got decision, one of which did not report the decision but I knew from his/her other posts!
It seems after biometrics, for SET(LR) it takes 3-5 weeks to get a decision! Only 1 member reported having received a decision in a matter of couple of days.

Let us hope we will get a decision soon. My wife and I applied separate applications on the same day and applied for biometric at the same time so we are after two applications..

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:01 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am
poper wrote:
SET(LR) applicants...

Can you please update the timeline thread. It appears like April/May applicants are still waiting for a decision.

I hope they do. I checked the last four pages of SET(LR) and only 3-4 members reported they have got decision, one of which did not report the decision but I knew from his/her other posts!
It seems after biometrics, for SET(LR) it takes 3-5 weeks to get a decision! Only 1 member reported having received a decision in a matter of couple of days.

Let us hope we will get a decision soon. My wife and I applied separate applications on the same day and applied for biometric at the same time so we are after two applications..

Did you submit only using the IDV app or also went for in person appointment? It seems many have done both. Not sure if that's speeding up the process.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 am

ruzfactor wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:01 am
hobba2008 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am
poper wrote:
SET(LR) applicants...

Did you submit only using the IDV app or also went for in person appointment? It seems many have done both. Not sure if that's speeding up the process.
We enrolled biometrics only via physical appointment. We did not use the app. I’m thinking now of going back to IDV 😁

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:32 am

UKVCAS update 19th Sep.
This makes this clear

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
If UKVCAS received your application on or before 11 September 2020 you should have received an email inviting you to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 12 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page next week to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 am

Seems like due to fear of second wave UKVCAS has reconsidered its decision to stick with IDV app.
We were planning to do this on 21 September 2020, but we are still working on final testing with UKVI. We’ll keep you posted about when this will happen, so keep checking this service status.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:42 am

If UKVCAS received your application on or before 11 September 2020 you should have received an email inviting you to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 12 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page next week to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am

UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application. Please be reassured that your immigration status is not affected while your application is in progress.

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:31 am

ruzfactor wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:50 am
ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:30 am
j4v3d wrote:
How did you escalate/chase them? My family would be in a difficult situation if I don't get a decision for my SET LR application by end of December. Submitted my photo using IDV on 6th sept. Thanks.
Sorry to hear it, hopefully you will get a decision by then anyway. The standard service time for FLR M is 8 weeks so I think that may have been why they weren't too resistant in escalating. Call UKVI on 0300 123 2241 and hope you get a considerate person on the phone that won't dismiss your concerns.

Explain the urgent reasons why you need expediting and ask if they can escalate. They don't have system access so will make a note of your details. Initially the advice was you should expect to hear back within 5 working days. Then I called back after nothing and they said the timeframe is now 10 working days to get an email response.

Even then the response you get may be unsettling- I got something like we are still awaiting your biometrics! But that's when I had to re-escalate all over again (giving them the exact date UKVCAS sent the biometrics over). So be aware that replies may be delayed or templated and therefore may not necessarily be accurate so don't panic.

If it goes over the service time or you have strong reasons, I guess complaining through the UKVI complaint form online and/or writing to your MP with supporting evidence could also be a route.

I hope the mods and @cullinan may be able to correct me if wrong. Good luck, hope your wait will be over soon too.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 am

@ANS1 @ruzfactor

Thank you ANS1 for your support to the forum. I would like to add two points here:

Firstly, escalation is not recommended before the service standard time has passed.

Once the service standard time is over, the best approach is to send a post to HO by recorded delivery rather than relying on phone calls/emails. Post is more of an official way and helps quicker.

Secondly, escalation is at CW’s discretion and most likely only considered if one has a medical emergency/compassionate reasons. One has to provide evidence for that and should have a strong case. Note, even then it is not guaranteed that the case will be escalated.

No harm in trying though, but ONLY after the service standard has passed.

In OP’s case, OP just applied in Sep. It is too early to escalate. OP should wait till November till the 8 weeks (other categories have different service standards) service standard is over before considering to write to HO.

Hope that helps.

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 am

Ellie6244 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:20 am
Booked an appointment tomorrow, Croydon (£110), will keep you guys posted.
i applied june 22 as well. waited for the invitation email but nothing even in my spam folder. tried logging in one evening i was able to do my idv app and submitted everything on aug 30. but i have not heard anything since then. i was tempted to book an appointment and was able to get £64 one in croydon this friday. i asked the ukvcas twitter page and they said i can only book an appointment when ukvi request to resubmit my biometrics. but im willing to go anyway...this is giving me anxiety.
UPDATE

Applied for ILR Route : (Set O) Tier 2 General
Type of application : Standard (Priority is suspended)
Date application sent : 21/06/2020
Payment Debited : 21/06/2020
Docs uploaded to UKVCAS : 30/06/2020
Email Received for eligibility of IDV app use : 01/08/2020
Email Received to use IDV & Submit Docs : did not receive any email but was able to log in 30/08/2020
Date Selfie& Travel Doc Submitted via IDV App : 30/08/2020

not heard anything since then so i booked

In-person Appointment: 18/09/2020
Decision Letter received: 19/09/2020 I receive an decision 24 hours after my appointment.
BRP Card Received: Waiting

thank you so much to this forum for giving us ideas and hope in our application process such a BIG help.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 am
Seems like due to fear of second wave UKVCAS has reconsidered its decision to stick with IDV app.
We were planning to do this on 21 September 2020, but we are still working on final testing with UKVI. We’ll keep you posted about when this will happen, so keep checking this service status.
wow! Thanks a lot for keeping us posted Cullinan!
Seems like waiting for Super priority in these uncertain times can be a very risky call. Will pay & submit on 20th Sep now and try to book appointment asap on 21st Sep.
If I upload all the documents on the UKVCAS website on 20th itself, what documents are required for the appointment?
once again, million thanks Cullinan !

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Ellie6244 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 am
Ellie6244 wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
i applied june 22 as well. waited for the invitation email but nothing even in my spam folder. tried logging in one evening i was able to do my idv app and submitted everything on aug 30. but i have not heard anything since then. i was tempted to book an appointment and was able to get £64 one in croydon this friday. i asked the ukvcas twitter page and they said i can only book an appointment when ukvi request to resubmit my biometrics. but im willing to go anyway...this is giving me anxiety.
UPDATE

Email Received to use IDV & Submit Docs : did not receive any email but was able to log in 30/08/2020

Decision Letter received: 19/09/2020 I receive an decision 24 hours after my appointment.

thank you so much to this forum for giving us ideas and hope in our application process such a BIG help.
Congrats ... surprised to know they are giving decisions on weekends as well ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 am
wow! Thanks a lot for keeping us posted Cullinan!
Seems like waiting for Super priority in these uncertain times can be a very risky call. Will pay & submit on 20th Sep now and try to book appointment asap on 21st Sep.
If I upload all the documents on the UKVCAS website on 20th itself, what documents are required for the appointment?
once again, million thanks Cullinan !
You will not be able to book an appointment now. You will have to wait till UKVCAS opens up the system for anyone who applied after 11th Sep. They have reverted to opening up in phases again.. majorly due to increase in corona cases i suppose......
Next steps; either you will have to book an appointment or chosen for IDV app will be communicated to you via email in due course....

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Guggi wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:18 pm
Ellie6244 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 am
Ellie6244 wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
UPDATE

Congrats ... surprised to know they are giving decisions on weekends as well ?
thank you! me too. i was expecting atleast early next week but i received the email at 9am this morning. goodluck to all !

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:05 pm

@Cristina88
In addition to my previous post for you.

After you pay and submit; the best approach will be to upload all documents on UKVCAS and submit to UKVI via the document upload page. Note, you can submit only once. However, you will be given an option to add more documents at your appointment/using IDV app at a later stage if needed.

Then you will have to wait, UKVCAS will email you when system opens up for you. Keep checking UKVCAS flash message and this topic for recent developments. Usually the system opens up even before an official update is made so you will have to be pro active.

If you are eligible for IDV app and choose to go for booking appointment instead; For the appointment, you need to carry original passport and appointment confirmation is mandatory only. However, its always recommended to carry all originals just to be on the safe side. No need to carry print outs of soft copies. The staff will not check anyways but just as a precaution you should carry as stated above.

robinsingh28
Newly Registered
England

Post by robinsingh28 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Ashwin_18 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:30 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.
thanks a lot for the reply.
If i understand this right this is now a relatively quicker process compared to waiting to receive an email regarding IDV and then book an appointment. Is it so ?
Correct. The UKVCAS is going back to normal routine on 21st Sep.
thanks mate. really appreciate your help.
Thanks you so much!! this was very helpful. me and my family are also waiting to do the biometrics. We applied in April 2020 and we did not receive any email until now and every time we go on the UKVCAS website it says "No Appointments Available". But it seems like everything should be fine from 21 September.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm

robinsingh28 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks you so much!! this was very helpful. me and my family are also waiting to do the biometrics. We applied in April 2020 and we did not receive any email until now and every time we go on the UKVCAS website it says "No Appointments Available". But it seems like everything should be fine from 21 September.
NO. You have to read in date order. There have been recent developments after the post above was written.

You should DM UKVCAS twitter ASAP since you applied in April. You should have done this way earlier.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:59 pm

Is there any forum for tier 4 general ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:41 pm

User3221 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:59 pm
Is there any forum for tier 4 general ?

Thanks
uk-tier-4-student-visas/