ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of UK born Child as British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Registration of UK born Child as British

Post by GondalUK » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:54 pm

I have few questions regarding registration of my UK born Son as British.

1 - Do I need to use "can apply online" link available on following page to apply? I want to apply online.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

2 - My ILR application is awaiting decision, can I apply for my Son before my ILR decision by providing my ILR application UAN number?

3 - Can I use my family friends as Referee, both are prefessional. One is working as Accountant and other is working as Facility Manager?

Please let me know.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Registration of UK born Child as British

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:57 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:54 pm
2 - My ILR application is awaiting decision, can I apply for my Son before my ILR decision by providing my ILR application UAN number?
This one is straight-forward.

No. You can only apply to register your child as a British citizen after your ILR has been issued.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:05 pm

@secret.simon
Thanks for the confirmation, I will wait for my ILR decision before sending application for my Son.

By keeping in mind huge backlogs and long waiting times, I want to start filling the application so I can submit application as soon as my ILR application is approved. Could you please let me know about my other question regarding Referees?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 am

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:05 pm
@secret.simon
Thanks for the confirmation, I will wait for my ILR decision before sending application for my Son.

By keeping in mind huge backlogs and long waiting times, I want to start filling the application so I can submit application as soon as my ILR application is approved. Could you please let me know about my other question regarding Referees?
“Each referee should know the child personally. One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.”

You will need to provide your ILR BRP as proof also so you can only apply after you have that in hand, not just the approval letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:10 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 am
GondalUK wrote:
@secret.simon

“Each referee should know the child personally. One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.”

You will need to provide your ILR BRP as proof also so you can only apply after you have that in hand, not just the approval letter.
@CULLINAN

Thanks for the advice, I have contacted GP and they agreed to provide reference. For 2nd referee I have asked my family friend who is British.

I understand that I will be able to download declaration form (that each referee needs to sign) after I submitted application, but I need referee details before submitting. So I want to avoid 2nd visit to GP and trying to find declaration form so I have all things ready on my appointment next week.

I tried to search and find following declaration form:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Could you please check if this is the correct referee declaration form and is the same which we download after completion of application? Any idea?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:12 am

It's the correct form. Make sure you past the child's picture in before they sign it
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

M555
United Kingdom

Post by M555 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:10 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 am
GondalUK wrote:
@secret.simon

@CULLINAN

Thanks for the advice, I have contacted GP and they agreed to provide reference. For 2nd referee I have asked my family friend who is British.

I understand that I will be able to download declaration form (that each referee needs to sign) after I submitted application, but I need referee details before submitting. So I want to avoid 2nd visit to GP and trying to find declaration form so I have all things ready on my appointment next week.

I tried to search and find following declaration form:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Could you please check if this is the correct referee declaration form and is the same which we download after completion of application? Any idea?
Hello GondalUK and CULLINAN,
I am also waiting for ILR BRP. Decided to start filling application form for my UK born child for BC.
I understand that I can download a form at the end of application, paste a photograph and get it signed by referees. But in the online form , they are asking details of referees including their passport number, daytime contact number, address for last three years , email address and date of birth. @ GondalUK is your GP happy to provide this?
I have two family friends. One is a university faculty and other is a GP( Not dealing professionally with my child) . Both are more than happy to provide their details and reference. What is the best way?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 pm

@M555

Please keep all your questions in your own thread. For your answer, just read the thread by @Cristina88 - 1 topic below this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:23 am

M555 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm

I am also waiting for ILR BRP. Decided to start filling application form for my UK born child for BC.
I understand that I can download a form at the end of application, paste a photograph and get it signed by referees. But in the online form , they are asking details of referees including their passport number, daytime contact number, address for last three years , email address and date of birth. @ GondalUK is your GP happy to provide this?
I have two family friends. One is a university faculty and other is a GP( Not dealing professionally with my child) . Both are more than happy to provide their details and reference. What is the best way?
@M555 My GP originally agreed to provide reference but when I visited they refused, they was willing to give me standard letter. I also contacted school and they also refused as my child just started going to nursery, few weeks ago.

So I ended up choosing my family friends as referee and I explained in application why I was not able to get referee from professional who knows child in a professional capacity.

M555
United Kingdom

Post by M555 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:13 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:23 am
M555 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm

@M555 My GP originally agreed to provide reference but when I visited they refused, they was willing to give me standard letter. I also contacted school and they also refused as my child just started going to nursery, few weeks ago.

So I ended up choosing my family friends as referee and I explained in application why I was not able to get referee from professional who knows child in a professional capacity.
Thanks
I suspect that same will happen to me if I ask. It’s crazy of HO to ask so much personal information from professional referees.
I will probably do the same

Arham208
United Kingdom

Post by Arham208 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:33 am

Hi, i also having a same problem for mn1 professional refree. Did anyone just provided their family friends reference and HO had approved their application?

Please guide