ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Eligibility Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Citizenship Eligibility Query

Post by bonelaarun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi

I hope that i am not breaking any rules of this forum.

I got my citizenship in the year 2016 after getting ILR ( 5 Years Tier-General route) in 2015

My Wife came to UK in May 2014 on Tier-general Partner Visa.
She then Switched to FLRM in 2015 when i got ILR.
She received her ILR (5 Year FLRM Route) in SEP 2020.

The Questions we have with reference to FAQs section

. Does she fall under 3 year route or do we need to wait 12 months before we can apply for Naturalization ?
. Good Character Requirement - Do we need to get any proof for this ?

"Eligibility

Q1: I was just granted ILR, when can I apply?

If not married to BC, the standard requirements need to be met. This includes holding ILR/PR for at least 12 months before applying.

If married to a BC, you can apply the same day you are granted ILR if you meet the spouse requirements which includes 3 years residence. Any legal stay in the UK counts.

An important requirement you should pay attention to is that you need to have been physically present in the UK at the beginning of the 3/5 years residence period i.e. the day the HO receives your application 3/5 years back. This is a pass/fail test and the HO has no discretion with this requirement.

You must also be in UK when Home Office receives your application (date of receipt of citizenship application is the day HO receives it, and you must be in UK on that day).

Q2: My spouse was granted ILR as a dependant. When can he/she apply?

Once a dependant is granted ILR, he/she is not a dependant any more. For naturalisation, each applicant needs to meet the requirements (including the 5 years residence period).

If one applicant meets the 5 years residence requirement but the spouse doesn’t, then once the applicant is granted BC (after the citizenship ceremony), the spouse becomes a spouse of BC and can apply for naturalisation under the 3 years residence requirements."

Apologises if i did ask routine questions.

Hoping for the best reply soon.

Regards,

AB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Eligibility Query

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

. Does she fall under 3 year route or do we need to wait 12 months before we can apply for Naturalization ?
3 year route if she meets all the requirements, ie the absence limits and being physically present in the UK exactly 3 years ago on the date she applies.. No she does NOT have to wait 12 months if you are British.
. Good Character Requirement - Do we need to get any proof for this ?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Post by bonelaarun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Thank you very much.

Yes she does qualify all the requirements

Regards,

AB

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Post by bonelaarun » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 am

Hi

Sorry one more question with regards to requirements for the applicant.

My Wife completed her BTech degree in India which we used to get Statement of Comparability certificate from UK Naric to prove English Language requirement for FLRM and ILR till now.

Can we use the same certificate or do we need to need get "Academic Qualification Level Statement & English Language Proficiency Statement" from UK Naric for Citizenship application separately.

Hoping for the best reply soon.

Regards,

AB

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:36 am

She can rely on the English proof provided for ILR, i.e. no additional test or documentation required, just select the correct option on the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Post by bonelaarun » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:43 am

Thank you . Much Appreciated for prompt reply.

bonelaarun
Newly Registered

Post by bonelaarun » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi

I hope these will be my last questions.

My Wife has been unemployed for last 4 years.

So what proof we can submit to prove her presence in UK for last 3 years ?

Also do i need to submit any documentation my mine as British Citizen to support her application apart from marriage certificate and My passport ?

Hoping for best reply soon.

Regards,

AB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:32 pm

So what proof we can submit to prove her presence in UK for last 3 years ?
Passport(s) only.
Also do i need to submit any documentation my mine as British Citizen to support her application apart from marriage certificate and My passport ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.