ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to apply ? Residence card runs out soon

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

What to apply ? Residence card runs out soon

Post by silvanti_78 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:04 pm

My friend ( Romanian with settled status ) is married to an Afghani who has currently a 5 year residence card . This card will expire beginning of November.
If brexit would not be soon he should normally apply for a permanent residence but the website states that this will no longer will valid after December 31st 2020.

What’s the exact thing he has to apply for ?

How about spouses ( like mine ) who are still within the 5 years of their residency? I guess he can no longer travel visa free with me within the EU after December either 🤷‍♀️

Any help would be highly appreciated

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What to apply ? Residence card runs out soon

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Apply for settled status:
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... atus-means
With five years they should receive Settled Status.
Even though it's called the "EU settlement scheme" it's a UK only status which doesn't give visa free travel - friend needs a Schengen visa.
Spouse will receive pre-settled status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.