ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nikkah via Skype or zoom

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K4

Nikkah via Skype or zoom

Post by K4 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 pm

Hi everyone

Hope you all are doing good in these tough times.
My question is will home office except a nikkah done on Skype or zoom?

Did anyone else had any luck with it?
I was married previously everything is finished b/W me and my ex now.
I do meet all the financial requirements.
The only reason I wanna do it is to save some money.

Please do let me know or any advise is welcome from the prime members

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Nikkah via Skype or zoom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:14 am

K4 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 pm
Hi everyone

I was married previously everything is finished b/W me and my ex now.

While saving this cost which is indispensable your other uninvited hassles and outlays might even be quadrupled after being refused on the basis of no physical interaction and lack of subsisting relationship evidences. If you still wishes then read about the marriages at the below link:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rriage.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:33 am

K4 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 pm
Hi everyone

I was married previously everything is finished b/W me and my ex now. And you do have relevant divorce documents to prove that marriage is dissolved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:00 am

Have you met your new proposed spouse in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:27 pm

There have been marriages conducted over Zoom but for guests mostly. I would highly doubt it would be accepted.

You will know most of the sub continent Asian countries are subject to more scrutiny when it comes to applications.

Do the right thing, go the home country/where the marriage SHOULD take place and marry there. It will raise suspicions as a Sham marriage in my opinion. You'll face more time, headache and delays if things are not in order with a spousal application

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:27 pm

You may not actually end up saving any money, because such a marriage will almost certainly get refused initially, followed by court appeals and fees.

To start with, have you got the decree absolute of your former marriage? If you remarry before the decree absolute of the former marriage is issued, the latter marriage will not be recognised under UK law, even if it is in other countries.

Secondly, does the country that you plan to Skype/zoom into recognise Skype/Zoom/telephonic marriages and will it issue an official marriage certificate to that effect? I think there was a recent case of a remote marriage with a spouse from Bangladesh which was not recognised because Bangladesh does not recognise it either. So, you need to make sure that the other country recognises the marriage and will issue you a marriage certificate before progressing the matter any further.

Lastly, as CR001 has mentioned above, there is an expectation that you will have met the spouse at least once in person, otherwise the marriage will come under greater scrutiny and the chances of refusal are higher.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Thank you guys for the quick reply

Yes I do have the decree of divorce and that is all settled.

No I haven’t meet her.

I just wanted to know if anyone has done this and had a successful application. I think it will be the best practice to go back home and get married. Also because of the COVID-19 application which took like 3 months God knows how long they are taking now. I have heard some success stories from European counties about this issue guess in the UK you have to do it the old fashion way.

Thank you everyone for you honest opinions.

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Also the Skype and zoom marriages are recognised by the state of Pakistan you get a proper government issued document.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:16 pm

K4 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm
Thank you guys for the quick reply

Yes I do have the decree of divorce and that is all settled.

No I haven’t meet her.

I just wanted to know if anyone has done this and had a successful application. I think it will be the best practice to go back home and get married. Also because of the COVID-19 application which took like 3 months God knows how long they are taking now. I have heard some success stories from European counties about this issue guess in the UK you have to do it the old fashion way.

Thank you everyone for you honest opinions.
It will stand you in good stead and lead credence to the relationship and then marriage if you can make it possible to see each other first. Otherwise you will be embroiled in a lot of matter that will cost you more money and time to achieve what you desire.
While you make reference to other European countries, the UK which you are dealing with is whose grundnorm has to be adhered to.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:30 pm

K4 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm
No I haven’t meet her.
If you have not met her in person, face to face, any fiance/spouse visa will fail and an appeal will also fail. It is clearly stated in the immigration rules that you must have met in person and this is a mandatory requirement, not an option or choice.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Relationship requirements
E-ECP.2.1. The applicant’s partner must be-

(a) a British Citizen in the UK, subject to paragraph GEN.1.3.(c); or
(b) present and settled in the UK, subject to paragraph GEN.1.3.(b); or
(c) in the UK with refugee leave or with humanitarian protection.

E-ECP.2.2. The applicant must be aged 18 or over at the date of application.

E-ECP.2.3. The partner must be aged 18 or over at the date of application.

E-ECP.2.4. The applicant and their partner must not be within the prohibited degree of relationship.

E-ECP.2.5. The applicant and their partner must have met in person.
I strongly suggest you follow the proper procedures under the UK laws and immigration rules instead of trying to find a shortcut.

It is irrelevant if zoom/Skype weddings are accepted in Pakistan, you are not apply for a long term visa to live in Pakistan.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:32 pm

K4 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:28 pm
Also the Skype and zoom marriages are recognised by the state of Pakistan you get a proper government issued document.
In that case, the crucial subsisting relationship evidences will palpably be missing such as wedding pictures, passport entry/exit stamps etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:32 pm
K4 wrote:
In that case, the crucial subsisting relationship evidences will palpably be missing such as wedding pictures, passport entry/exit stamps etc.
Which the op will only get if he has met his partner in person,which he has not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:33 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:32 pm
K4 wrote:
Which the op will only get if he has met his partner in person,which he has not.
Exactly

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Thank you again guys Skype and zoom are a no no better to go Pakistan and get it done the right way rather than trying a shortcut and wasting time.

Thanks again guys.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 am

K4 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:46 pm
Thank you again guys Skype and zoom are a no no better to go Pakistan and get it done the right way rather than trying a shortcut and wasting time.

Thanks again guys.
Wish you good progress in your quest, should you have further questions use this thread.