ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Case IDs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hikz
BANNED

Two Case IDs

Post by hikz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Hi everybody,
I have applied online on the 22nd of May where I made a payment, received an acknowledgement email of payment on the very same day which was a Friday night. I was given access to UKVCAS and the application needed a referee and appointment and also supporting documents.
On the 26th of May (Tuesday), I received an acknowledgement generic email which stated that my application will take 6 month etc and it provided me with a Case ID.
I managed to finally get an appointment on the 3rd of September with UKVCAS and I uploaded my documents on the 1st of September.
I then received an acknowledgement generic email on the 7th of October, the same as the first one but with a different Case ID. Does that mean they have made a mistake and does that mean the 6 months period will start from the 7th of September instead of the 26th of May?
Also do I have to call them and if so does anyone have a number or an email address.
I was actually hoping to get an email from them soon as I am seeing people are receiving response soon after attending appointments (I know cases are different but thought I might get lucky).

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Two Case IDs

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:11 pm

No. Ignore this. My wife was sent two Case IDs also. It is auto generated generic email. She was approved without any issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:34 pm

Thank You man. So I shouldn't even bother to enquire. Also, do you reckon they might reply any time soon. I have a CCJ from 2016, satisfied in 2017 and a few motoring offences dating back to 2013. Does that make it complex or should it be straightforward. Ihave sent them a long statement and a few supporting letters from friends.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 am

As long you have disclosed them it should not be a problem. I can not comment when your application will be decided. But I can tell you many applicants reported receiving these generic emails and got decisions right after this also. So these generic emails have no connection to decision delay I would say.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:24 am

Thank you