ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chims1
Newly Registered
Malawi

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Chims1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:31 pm
Chims1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm
Hie everyone I just wanted to ask. I submitted my application mid April and got the reuse email. I then uploaded my documents via the idv app. I want to book a in-person appointment. Will I need to scan my documents again at the appointment or the website?
No.
Thanks. So it will be just biomatrics ? I managed to get a free appointment on 28 September

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Chims1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:31 pm
Chims1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm
Hie everyone I just wanted to ask. I submitted my application mid April and got the reuse email. I then uploaded my documents via the idv app. I want to book a in-person appointment. Will I need to scan my documents again at the appointment or the website?
No.
Thanks. So it will be just biomatrics ?
Yes but still carry originals.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Vimala wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 pm
Hi,
Tier 2 ICT Extension:
Registered to UKVCAS Website on 31st March 2020. Due to covid-19 lock down issues, appointment slots were not opened. From June'2020 people got invitations to book appointment slots. Unfortunately I selected for Biometrics Reuse approach and didn't get chance to book biometrics in UK. Later on 19th August 2020, got IDV App and submitted details on same day. Since 4 weeks waiting for approval mail but I didn't receive single email.
Few colleagues who submitted after me got approval mail that they will receive BRP in 7 days.
This is very frustrating. I am waiting from March 2020 and there is no result till now. It impacts personal plans. Please suggest how to progress further.
You can involve your MP after 6 months i.e. on 30th Sep if you do not hear by then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:52 pm

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:54 pm
indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi, I received an email from Home Office with below line in the text :

"Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

Does this mean that my application is delayed ? Can anyone advise. This is making me anxious.

Many have reported receiving similar emails. These seem to be generic auto pushed system emails. Just ignore them.

Thank you.

I submitted my application on 11th Aug and biometrics via IDV app on 8th Sep. And I was hoping to get a decision within 8 weeks.

I am still waiting for a decision and this email dint help my anxiety at all. They should provide us with better timeline updates than leaving us in an unending wait.
I also had a similar delay email from case worker. However, I only had to wait 2 months and got ILR approved, 5 weeks after bio-metric submission.

According to my opinion based on my personal observation, if delay email is sent to applicant then there are chances that case worker may need to conduct some checks. Now it depends how much time is required for those checks. It can be days, weeks or months, depends case to case and type of checks. I noticed from timeline thread for people who received similar email, some got approval in few days after biometrics and some like me waited upto 5 weeks.

Following is my timeline, if you want to get idea:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... l#p1937899

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:18 pm

From what email address do people receive email to use IDV app or eligible to book appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:18 pm
From what email address do people receive email to use IDV app or eligible to book appointment?
FES appointments

no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:24 pm

Might help new applicants.

Biometrics Reuse Criteria:
Reuse
The general approach for reuse:
• biometrics must have been enrolled post July 2015 or the applicant must already hold a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
• the new grant of leave must not exceed a period beyond 5 years from when the fingerprints were last enrolled – we do not want to delete fingerprints before the person is either required to apply for further leave or leave the UK
• facial image must not be over 5 years old for persons aged over 16 and must not be over 2 years old for persons aged under 16
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf

elisaro
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by elisaro » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi all, I just want to say I’ve been reading this thread silently for about 6 weeks now and it’s been amazing! I want to say thank you to the admin, specially Cullinan. The info you have been able to gather is priceless! I learnt more about this process than I ever thought I could. I literally just created my account to sign in and say thank you, but please delete my post if it’s not the right place, as also I’m FLR(M). I’ve updated my timeline here immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... l#p1938805

I originally did IDV, but then learnt from reading here that the best option was to book f2f app. I also tried calling UKVI and was told I had to wait at least another 8 weeks, and because of what I read here I wasn’t happy with that answer so tried calling again until someone agreed to escalate my case. I got my response within 4 days from f2f app and escalation. I definitely wouldn’t have learnt this if it wasn’t for this forum. Thanks again!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:16 pm

@elisaro

Thank you. Glad to have helped you in anyway. Congratulations 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Many appointments have been rolled including some free appointments. Quick book!!

TN1593
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TN1593 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:35 pm
Many appointments have been rolled including some free appointments. Quick book!!
Can anyone see any appointments for Manchester please? I have already booked one next week for £135 but would be nice if they have a free or cheaper one.
Thank you

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 pm

I dont see any appointment available. Actually I only see few centres in London. How can I see some which are little far from me?

TN1593
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TN1593 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 pm
I dont see any appointment available. Actually I only see few centres in London. How can I see some which are little far from me?
You need to type in the post code in the search box I.e G1 for Glasgow/Newcastle/Sunderland

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Appointments for applicants after 12th Sep may not be open yet. But you can use different city postcodes to check.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
If you search with a different postcode, other locations should come up.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:10 pm

I was checking appointments continuously for the last 2 days. Zero availability. Many appointments just rolled out now. I am unable to check the system further as I booked one for myself also(Im BC and waited 3 weeks for IDV decision so thought to test my luck via free appointment - sorry posting it in this thread.. only because i can not check the system further now for anyone else as i do not have access). Lol
But anyone who has used IDV only can check and let others know about the availability??

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:10 pm
I was checking appointments continuously for the last 2 days. Zero availability. Many appointments just rolled out now. I am unable to check the system further as I booked one for myself also(Im BC and waited 3 weeks for IDV decision so thought to test my luck via free appointment - sorry posting it in this thread.. only because i can not check the system further now for anyone else as i do not have access). Lol
But anyone who has used IDV only can check and let others know about the availability??
Lot of free appointments available at Manchester Core from 5th October.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Thank you asap8. Guys get booking!!

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi, I booked a free appointment in Southampton because there wasn't any in Reading. Could someone please let me know if there is now availability in Reading? My appointment is on the 2nd of October.

Just wondering if I should cancel the existing, check the Reading center and rebook immediately if there isn't any slot in Reading :?

Thanks!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 pm

Availability @ 22.28 on 21.09.2020@ Manchester
Attachments
Screenshot_20200921-222700_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20200921-222700_Firefox.jpg (128.88 KiB) Viewed 1453 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Thank you asap8 for being helpful 😃

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 pm

MKC wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm
Hi, I booked a free appointment in Southampton because there wasn't any in Reading. Could someone please let me know if there is now availability in Reading? My appointment is on the 2nd of October.

Just wondering if I should cancel the existing, check the Reading center and rebook immediately if there isn't any slot in Reading :?

Thanks!

Reading is an enhanced appointment centre. All are paid for always, I think.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Pubs, bars and restaurants throughout England will be forced to close at 10pm from Thursday, Boris Johnson will announce in a new coronavirus crackdown.

In a House of Commons statement followed by a TV address to the nation, the prime minister will unveil a range of new measures to tackle the dramatic surge in COVID-19 cases.
Hope the above does not affect UKVCAS appointment operations.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 pm

asap8 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 pm
MKC wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Thanks!

Reading is an enhanced appointment centre. All are paid for always, I think.
Thanks for the reply. I am happy to pay for a Reading appointment however there wasn't any available slots when I was booking.

Prince115
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prince115 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Hi I made my application on the 9th of September for an upgrade to Settled status biometric card after granted ILR. Received a message on the 17th of September to enrol for Biometric via the IDV app, I made use of the app for my biometric and it was successful in terms of submission but reading messages in this forum about dual submission, I booked an in person appointment again on the 26th of September. Reading through this forum again, read dual submission might be a wrong approach. Do I cancel my in person booking and can I get a refund back if done before 48hrs or should I still go for biometric? Please I need help m. Thanks