ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 English Medium Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rreddy

UK Tier 1 English Medium Certificate

Post by rreddy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:55 am

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 visa from UK.

1) I have both Post Graduation(M.Sc(IT) and Graduation (B.C.A) degrees and while applying for which course i need to submit my english medium letter.

2) Whether i need to submit certificate from College or University.

PLS HELP ME...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Ravi

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:23 am

If i remember previous post, it would be for the qualification where you claim the highest nos of points. Pls confirm whether yr university is listed in the
UKBA online point calculator. You may then accordingly claim points accordingly.

As for the english medium, you would have to get it from the university as they are the awarding institution.

Senior members would be able to get more insight.

ajai
Newly Registered

Post by ajai » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:18 pm

They asked for Degree which in their term means bachelor's degree. Personally, I would suggest you to get the bachelor's degree english medium certificate. If you are able to get both and submit, well and good.
If not, get the bachelor's degree.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:55 am

rreddy wrote:PLS HELP ME...
It will be in your best interest to read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully*.
ajai wrote:They asked for Degree which in their term means bachelor's degree.
If it is indeed so, why does points-based calculator awards 10 points for meeting english language requirements if you select an approved masters degree (or higher) qualification?? Common sense!
ajai wrote: Personally, I would suggest you to get the bachelor's degree english medium certificate.
Where is it written that such a thing is an acceptable evidence in Tier 1??

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!