ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for my baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neshi
Pakistan

British passport for my baby

Post by Neshi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi everyone

I need help from all of you. If you have any information regarding my issue plz reply me I will be very thankful. My husband is British citizen by birth he was married previously and got Islamic divorce after that we got married in Pakistan I'm Pakistani when he was trying to apply my Visa lawyer told him to get divorce from court in uk and change your nikha nama date then you can apply spouse Visa. now he got divorce from uk court it took him more then one year and we have one three months baby . So we want to apply his British passport and after that he will apply my Visa but issue is this that how we can change date of marriage certificate if we will change that date we are not able to apply our baby passport bcz he born after his divorce so we need to change that date after his divorce. We are so worried about it plz if someone can give me advice. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British passport for my baby

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Neshi wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 pm
My husband is British citizen by birth he was married previously and got Islamic divorce after that we got married in Pakistan I'm Pakistani when he was trying to apply my Visa lawyer told him to get divorce from court in uk
Where was his previous marriage taken place and and Islamic divorce initiated.
Neshi wrote:
and change your nikha nama date then you can apply spouse Visa.
Officially the date cannot be changed unless in case of re-marrying/any mistake.
Neshi wrote:
So we want to apply his British passport and after that he will apply my Visa but issue is this that how we can change date of marriage certificate if we will change that date we are not able to apply our baby passport bcz he born after his divorce so we need to change that date after his divorce. We are so worried about it plz if someone can give me advice. Thanks
By surmising the Baby British passport might not be affected from the date shown on marriage certificate rather only your spouse visa application can be.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Thanks for reply.
His previous marriage was in uk and x wife was also uk citizen divorce was also in uk.
There was mistake so may be we will be able to change date as well.
Yes we know that baby passport will be not effect with same marriage certificate but only my Visa that's why we want to sort out this issue first

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 pm

As my baby was born in may and he got divorce also in may so if we will able to change the date after may then only our marriage will be valid for spouse Visa so again baby passport will be effect . That's why I'm here to take some advice what should we do so we both can join my husband in uk

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Neshi wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 pm
As my baby was born in may and he got divorce also in may so if we will able to change the date after may then only our marriage will be valid for spouse Visa so again baby passport will be effect . That's why I'm here to take some advice what should we do so we both can join my husband in uk
If he has finally divorced in May then it means he wasn't free to marry you, therefore, that marriage won't be valid and in that case the date shown on the marriage certificate wasn't incorrect which if gets tampered now then may fall under the demise of deception. However, alternatively you should either re-marry or simply apply the fiancee visa to marry in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Yes we was planning to apply fiance Visa but now we have baby so what about my baby passport? Or any alternative?

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 pm

We don't know if we re marry or not and even if we will go again for marriage then on marriage certificate will be after our baby then still we have issue for baby it's really headache for us we tried to take advice from lawyers as well but they are not giving proper information as they only need their money they don't care if Visa will reject or not . That's why I'm here as I found this very informative and helpful

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Any other advice plz.

Many thanks

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am

Hi Casa,
I'm waiting for your kind reply on my issue

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:58 am

If Baby is automatically British, then baby may apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:25 pm

Thanks for reply. Yes baby is British bcz baby father is British citizen by birth but my question is this if we re marry now after baby birth then still we can apply for baby British passport as we are in Pakistan now and baby also born here.
Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 pm

They may require proof of paternity of the British father.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:30 pm

Proof of paternity means DNA?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Thank you so much for your help we stuck in difficult situation like if we will use that marriage certificate it's not valid for my Visa and we can apply only baby passport with that so is it better we will re marry again and we can go for DNA test for baby passport that will be the only option so we can join my husband in uk. If someone else has any other advice I will be very grateful. Thank u so much this forum is really good helping people. God bless All of you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Also remember that Passport from abroad can take up to one year. Maybe right of abode is the quicker option.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:24 pm

I heard For right of abord we need Pakistani passport is it true ? If true then how we can change that into British passport

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Neshi wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:24 pm
I heard For right of abord we need Pakistani passport is it true ? If true then how we can change that into British passport
Read some hands on experiences:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 29659.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 76232.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 76232.html

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:49 pm

Thanks seagul for your kind response we will try right of abod.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm here again with my question as I'm applying certificate of entitlement for my baby. I heard that when he will be in uk and we will change his passport to uk passport he can't travel for 3 or 2 years. Is it true ? How long it will take to change his passport in uk. Please reply me if anyone has any information regarding this. I will be very grateful to you
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Nonsense. There is no such restriction for traveling for British citizens.

Stop listening to what other people tell you.

He can apply for a passport as soon as in the UK and children have a one week fast track option.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 am

Thank you so much .Actually one of my relative got Visa and applied baby British passport so her baby's passport will take longer and she left her baby in Pakistan and she is in uk so I gave them advice to apply for certificate of entitlement and they said this to me that baby can't travel for three years .
Any how thank u so much this forum is so helpful.

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi everyone.
I have a question plz if we are applying for certificate of entitlement from Pakistan do we need house inspection report for baby as well or only for Pakistani spouse. Same as tb test only for spouse and what about this. it will be highly appropriate if anyone reply. As my husband is booking for me
Thanks

Neshi
Pakistan

Post by Neshi » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 am

Hi everyone,
I need information that we are applying for ROA ,COE for my baby from Pakistan do we need TB test for my baby as our lawyer mentioned it in check list for my baby but we don't have much time as we are applying next week for my fiance Visa we want to apply together please help me if someone applied without TB test. Is it mandatory? Would it effect if we don't attach.
I would like to say Thanks in advance for this forum and all senior members .
I m waiting for your kind reply
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:53 am