ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 am

byhk672892 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am
Hi, I applied on the 18th of August, T2G SET(O). However, I still haven’t received an email inviting me to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app. Is that waiting time normal? Does anyone else who applied in August have the same wait time? Thanks.
No its not normal. You should DM UKVCAS twitter ASAP.
Did you check logging in your UKVCAS account or IDV app if access is already given?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am

Probably a daft question - do we have to upload and submit documents on IDV app if we have already uploaded and submitted documents through UKVCAS site?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 am

awesomeagni wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am
Probably a daft question - do we have to upload and submit documents on IDV app if we have already uploaded and submitted documents through UKVCAS site?
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 am
awesomeagni wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am
No
Thanks CULLINAN

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:46 am

Just a suggestion that might help with tracking - could all the people posting about not having received IDV app or biometrics appointment invitations for pre 11 Sept. applications also post whether they have applied through solicitors? There have been issues seen with applicants who have applied through solicitors that have reportedly been ironed out by UKVCAS, so posting that info will probably help with tracking whether it is still a persistent issue.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 am

Applicants after 11th Sep:
Best is to keep an eye on the UKVCAS updates and this topic for recent developments. Usually system opens up even before an official update so you need to be pro active and carry on with the hit and trial method logging in your UKVCAS account/IDV app to check for access just like that. Anyone who is able to access the system please post here so it can be beneficial for all - Cullinan

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 am

Has anyone who submitted biometrics via the IDV app received a decision ? Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 am

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 am
Has anyone who submitted biometrics via the IDV app received a decision ? Thank you.
Many have.

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Many have.
Thank you. Do we have any tentative timelines on the same ? I called the UKVI today and they are saying I should call back after 6 months from the day I submitted my application. So no help there.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am

Anyone who applied up to 11th Sep and have NOT received access to booking system/IDV app:

1) DM UKVCAS on twitter. If this does not work, follow step 2.

2) Send an email to the following email address from your registered email address. Mention your full name and UAN in the body. This might work.

UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk

(Note: its UKVACS)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:23 am

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Many have.
Thank you. Do we have any tentative timelines on the same ? I called the UKVI today and they are saying I should call back after 6 months from the day I submitted my application. So no help there.
You only applied on 11th Aug. The standard processing time is 6 months. Its not advisable to budge HO before that. You submitted your biometrics via IDV on 8th Sep. You should wait at least 3 weeks after IDV submission. Hopefully you will get a decision soon. Otherwise, after 3 weeks you may consider going for dual submission. Dual submission has worked for many but will not guarantee a quick decision.

zuo
Newly Registered
China

Post by zuo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 am

zizcoul wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:49 pm
I applied on 20th August, used the reuse facility via the IDV app on 6th September and now booked an appointment for 5th October.
My worry is to know whether or not the the fact that I booked the appointment might delay my decision (if IDV had already made a decision or about to make it). From what I have read on this forum, I can't see anyone who did a dual submission (IDV then Physical appointment) and received an approval before the physical application.
Does anyone know if someone who used IDV first and booked an appointment subsequently received an approval before the appointment?

Thanks for all you contributions!
I do remember someone post here received email after booked an appointment, and then cancelled it since he already got the decision.

byhk672892
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by byhk672892 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:18 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:46 am
Just a suggestion that might help with tracking - could all the people posting about not having received IDV app or biometrics appointment invitations for pre 11 Sept. applications also post whether they have applied through solicitors? There have been issues seen with applicants who have applied through solicitors that have reportedly been ironed out by UKVCAS, so posting that info will probably help with tracking whether it is still a persistent issue.
Mine is through a solicitor, applied on the 18th of August, SET(O), T2G to ILR. Solicitor still has not received an appointment e-mail or IDV usage e-mail.

byhk672892
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by byhk672892 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 am
byhk672892 wrote:
Hi, I applied on the 18th of August, T2G SET(O). However, I still haven’t received an email inviting me to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app. Is that waiting time normal? Does anyone else who applied in August have the same wait time? Thanks.
Did you check logging in your UKVCAS account or IDV app if access is already given?
Thanks, it’s though a solicitor and they haven’t received an e-mail yet.

Do you know what is the official twitter account for UKVCAS? I have found this one https://twitter.com/ukvcas?s=21 but it’s not a verified account. So, not sure whether it’s the official one.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi
Just curious. I have had my appointment on the 18th of August. I went back to UKVCAS account today, I could see al documents are now submitted. However, I can see I still have the option to cancel the appointment the one I have already attended a month ago. I am not looking to cancel but this is just a bit confusing as to why they are still giving this option?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 pm

@byhk672892

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:28 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 pm
Hi
Just curious. I have had my appointment on the 18th of August. I went back to UKVCAS account today, I could see al documents are now submitted. However, I can see I still have the option to cancel the appointment the one I have already attended a month ago. I am not looking to cancel but this is just a bit confusing as to why they are still giving this option?
Its normal. Best not to play with the ukvcas account now.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi Cullian,
Thank you for your speedy response.
You are right.
I am going to delete UKVCAS from my life but mostly importantly from my Chrome quick links :lol:

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 pm

Just out of curiosity, if a document was missing or something wasn't right on application surely UKVI would ask for further supporting documents wouldn't they?

I applied SET M 22nd June, IDV 28th August and in-Person 15th Sept in Croydon, haven't had a decision yet, thinking maybe something is wrong with application ha :idea:

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:39 pm

byhk672892 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 am
byhk672892 wrote:
Thanks, it’s though a solicitor and they haven’t received an e-mail yet.

Do you know what is the official twitter account for UKVCAS? I have found this one https://twitter.com/ukvcas?s=21 but it’s not a verified account. So, not sure whether it’s the official one.
Hi byhk672892,
That's the correct Twitter account for reaching out to UKVCAS.

byhk672892
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by byhk672892 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@byhk672892

Thanks! How do you know that’s the official account though? I cannot see any mention of that account on UKVCAS.co.uk web site for example.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:52 pm

byhk672892 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@byhk672892

Thanks! How do you know that’s the official account though? I cannot see any mention of that account on UKVCAS.co.uk web site for example.
Its on their bio.

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernameg » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:59 pm

As per the latest UKVCAS update-

UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application. Please be reassured that your immigration status is not affected while your application is in progress.

Anyone started receiving these - debating whether we should go for dual submission (submitted via IDV 2 weeks ago). Hoping UKVI sends updates soon.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:01 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 pm
Just out of curiosity, if a document was missing or something wasn't right on application surely UKVI would ask for further supporting documents wouldn't they?

I applied SET M 22nd June, IDV 28th August and in-Person 15th Sept in Croydon, haven't had a decision yet, thinking maybe something is wrong with application ha :idea:
I think it is just a feeling that you have after waiting for so long. If you have provided, the declaration signed by your partner, your passports, correspondence letters, payslips, letter of employment and bank statements or just bank statement for saving category in addition to LinUK and English and proof of accommodation you should be fine.

It is completely random as strangely few Sep SET M applicants already got decision and taking long does not mean that your application has something wrong and yes the UKVI would ask for further documents/information to be provided in case there is something missing.

Hope this helps and wish you get your approval very shortly.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Thank you for the response, I think you are right about waiting, mind does start to play tricks, I have submitted everything correctly and done a dual submission, which probably wasn’t a good thing to do, I was in Croydon today last week to do in person appointment.

Just saw on twitter a person who was contacted by UKVI to send biometrics urgently for the application to progress and he has done a submission already as UKVCAS told him they have sent the biometrics to UKVI, pretty strange if there is a glitch in the system.