ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - annual salary increases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dannyjjj
Brazil

Tier 2 to ILR - annual salary increases

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:33 am

Hello everyone,

Thank you for such an amazing forum.

I was wondering if you could help me clarify my current situation.

I have been employed with the same employer as a Tier 2 employee for 5 years. Every single year at the certain time of the year my salary was increased during annual company-wide salary reviews. These changes were NOT reported by my sponsor via the SMS system as they believed annual increments did not have to be reported. However, my annual increments are high in % (significantly above 10%), and this % is not the same for all employees in the end, i.e. it is performance based. I do not know other people’s salaries but I’m pretty sure some people got lower raises or maybe even no raise whatsoever. Some likely got higher raises as well. I am really worried this will cause issues and delays to my ILR application which is currently pending.

Can you please help me clarify the requirements - did the employer violate their sponsor duties, or are annual increments fine in my case? Is there anything that can be done now (my application is already submitted)?
Last edited by dannyjjj on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - annual salary increases

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:35 am

A quick note that my role and my duties have never changed.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:36 pm

You are perhaps overthinking this. Annual Salary review and associated salary increases is all ok. You don't need to report these to UKVI. If it gives you any peace of mind, I am in the same boat.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:17 pm

gag285 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:36 pm
You are perhaps overthinking this. Annual Salary review and associated salary increases is all ok. You don't need to report these to UKVI. If it gives you any peace of mind, I am in the same boat.
Thank you - appreciate your reply!

I guess I'm just worried because everyone in the company got different increases in %, and mine are quite large... My salary has been above the ILR minimum since my start date though, so hopefully the salary bumps will not raise red flags with the HO.

May I ask if you are also applying now / have applied?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:17 pm
gag285 wrote:

I guess I'm just worried because everyone in the company got different increases in %, and mine are quite large... My salary has been above the ILR minimum since my start date though, so hopefully the salary bumps will not raise red flags with the HO.

Will apply on 01st Oct. If your salary was already over the ILR threshold then there is nothing to worry about.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:27 pm

gag285 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:17 pm
gag285 wrote:

Will apply on 01st Oct. If your salary was already over the ILR threshold then there is nothing to worry about.
Thank you! Best of luck with your application.