ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Rags1238 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm

user5 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:55 pm
Rags1238 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:39 pm
You should be alright, we waited 45 mins in the queue even though we arrived at the time of our appointment!
Thanks. Fingers crossed. I’m really panicking!
What time is your appointment and where?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:04 pm

user5 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:34 pm
Hi all. Due to unforeseen circumstances I missed my train and now will be 15 minutes late for my appointment. I DM’d UKVCAS and they cannot say if I will be let in.
Anyone know what usually happens if an applicant is late?
Thanks
May sound silly but we once forgot about our newborn's biometric appointment and arrived 3 hours late and they were fine. One good thing dealing with a Private company. But then this was pre-Covid. Good luck.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:08 pm

user5 wrote:
Hi all. Due to unforeseen circumstances I missed my train and now will be 15 minutes late for my appointment. I DM’d UKVCAS and they cannot say if I will be let in.
Thanks
You should be okay. Dont panic.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm

cookie_barua wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:48 pm
I applied for ILR via Tier 2 General (5 year) route including 3 dependants on 3rd August, 2020, via solicitor.
Received delay email on 8th Sept. The solicitor has been stressing that we need to wait for the invitation for biometrics, however, nothing arrived so far. Today, the solicitor told me that he can now book the appointment but there is nothing available.
I now have the login details from him to see my UKVCAS appointment but there is nothing available apparently in the entire UK. Is anyone in the same situation?
Contact UKVCAS on twitter. DM them your UAN. Check different postcodes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Cyanhat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:36 pm
Solicitor is adamant that application is fully submitted and there is no action other than to wait for email on further steps once UKVI has reached at our application. I asked him categorically if he has completed the steps, to which he had replied in the affirmative that he has completed all steps. He has declined all requests to follow up with UKVI/UKVCAS citing hundreds of thousands of application are in the same bucket and that he has applicants from May still awaiting further communication.

Current status (22-Sep-2020): Waiting for email on further steps.
Ask your solicitor to provide you with the UKVCAS login details. You already have your UAN. Chase UKVCAS twitter on your own.

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:11 pm

Rags1238 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm
What time is your appointment and where?
Thanks! Appointment is in Leeds at 5pm.

Navkant, completely understandable :D and thanks! I’m hoping they’ll be understanding. I can show them my previously booked ticket which got me there at 4pm!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:11 pm

Rags1238 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:39 pm
user5 wrote:
Thanks
You should be alright, we waited 45 mins in the queue even though we arrived at the time of our appointment!
I was going to say same thing, mine was at Lansdowne Rd at 10am arrived 20mn before my appointment and and was waiting all 20mn outside in the queue and when I got in at 10am was waiting another 20-25mn before I was seen by someone. So you should be fine hopefully.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:12 pm

There seems to be problems with applications made via solicitors. They seem to be not linking up with the UKVCAS system probably because solicitors maybe using the same email address for all applications. It is very common now.

M555
United Kingdom

Post by M555 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Ameline wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Ameline wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Thanks CULLINAN. I can do that until 21/10/2020 :lol:
If the status changes even before you receive your approval.. that means your approval is on the way...
I think I will be checking this instead of refreshing my email inbox :D
:lol:
My status on Right to work site is showing Following status for more than a week. My dependent - status is unchanged. Quite puzzled as no communication from UKVI about application. Can any one advise?

Your biometric residence card or permit is not valid
Your biometric residence card or permit has either:

expired
been reported lost or stolen

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm

I am not sure about the current availability but last night many appointments were rolled out and a couple members even today have confirmed appointment availability after 5th Oct. If anyone who applied before 12th Sep have no access to booking system i.e. can not view any appointments, DM UKVCAS via twitter.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm

@M555

Sometimes members have reported not been able to check the status even if the BRP is valid. Tough luck. You will have to wait for official email for approval letter.

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm
@M555

Sometimes members have reported not been able to check the status even if the BRP is valid. Tough luck. You will have to wait for official email for approval letter.
I am exactly on the same boat as @M555. My right to work checks worked fine until a week ago and then started showing the error mentioned in the OP's post.
My spouse's details are still showing fine. I am also worried that there is something wrong with my application :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:24 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm
@M555

I am exactly on the same boat as @M555. My right to work checks worked fine until a week ago and then started showing the error mentioned in the OP's post.
My spouse's details are still showing fine. I am also worried that there is something wrong with my application :(
Nothing is wrong. It is reported numerous times before on the forum. Some technical issues maybe but your fine.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm

@Ameline

Is Lansdowne Road Centre in the brown building? I am also going there on Friday 😁
Also, how is the parking availability there if you know? Thanks

atto123_
Newly Registered
India

Post by atto123_ » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:12 pm
There seems to be problems with applications made via solicitors. They seem to be not linking up with the UKVCAS system probably because solicitors maybe using the same email address for all applications. It is very common now.
Solicitors literally screwed me this time....guys who applied along with me got decisions in mid-august but i has to wait 30-45 days more ....

As i told earlier there was some kind of "linking" issue between UKVCAS system for same email address, nothing with UKVI though...so ideally it got resolved and we all started getting the decisions...

otmotmotm
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by otmotmotm » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi all,
A quick question: what happens if by the time the BRP is ready to be sent out by the HO, I have moved to a new address?
Thanks in advance!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 pm

otmotmotm wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:43 pm
Hi all,
A quick question: what happens if by the time the BRP is ready to be sent out by the HO, I have moved to a new address?
Thanks in advance!!!
You will have to keep a contact at your old address. Also, you can use gov website to change address but how quick it reflects on the system is a question.

otmotmotm
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by otmotmotm » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 pm
otmotmotm wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks in advance!!!
You will have to keep a contact at your old address. Also, you can use gov website to change address but how quick it reflects on the system is a question.
Thanks for your quick response. Which gov website do I use - can I change in advance as soon as I move (before I get the decision)? If not, I will be doing a Royal Mail redirection but not sure if they use Royal Mail?

cookie_barua
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by cookie_barua » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm
I am not sure about the current availability but last night many appointments were rolled out and a couple members even today have confirmed appointment availability after 5th Oct. If anyone who applied before 12th Sep have no access to booking system i.e. can not view any appointments, DM UKVCAS via twitter.
Many thanks CULLINAN, for your response. That could be correct that there is some glitch that the entire country has got not a single appointment in my case. I have contacted them via twitter and now going to try calling if incase i get through.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm
@Ameline

Is Lansdowne Road Centre in the brown building? I am also going there on Friday 😁
Yes is that building; brown with glass in the middle :wink: There is parking available in the road just next to it (you can queue in your car if it will be raining lol). Use the Centre postcode to get there or Walpole Road. When I got there, there were many available spaces for parking although it has small capacity (may be just 6 cars). If not there are similar car parks near the centre (3 min walking or so). This is Sydenham Road. charges for both parkings are below. So parking should not be a problem. Best of luck CULLINAN! :)

Charge Times: Monday to Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm

Up to 30 Minutes £1.30
1 Hour £2.60
90 Minutes £3.90
2 Hours £5.20

Maximum Stay: 2 Hours.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:53 pm

otmotmotm wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 pm
otmotmotm wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks in advance!!!
Thanks for your quick response. Which gov website do I use - can I change in advance as soon as I move (before I get the decision)? If not, I will be doing a Royal Mail redirection but not sure if they use Royal Mail?
Royal mail redirection can not be trusted with official mail. You can use:

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Keeping a contact at your old address is recommended if possible.

Also, once you get an approval chase the courier company in 1-2 days after approval. They usually let you know about the delievery date.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline

Yes is that building; brown with glass in the middle :wink: There is parking available in the road just next to it (you can queue in your car if it will be raining lol). Use the Centre postcode to get there or Walpole Road. When I got there, there were many available spaces for parking although it has small capacity (may be just 6 cars). If not there are similar car parks near the centre (3 min walking or so). This is Sydenham Road. charges for both parkings are below. So parking should not be a problem. Best of luck CULLINAN! :)

Charge Times: Monday to Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm

Up to 30 Minutes £1.30
1 Hour £2.60
90 Minutes £3.90
2 Hours £5.20

Maximum Stay: 2 Hours.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. You are super cool😄

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:56 pm

@Cullinan

Hats off to your brilliant efforts mate for helping everyone out!

Are you a lawyer or something? Just curious.

otmotmotm
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by otmotmotm » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm

@CULLINAN

Thank you so much for your advice!!!

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline

There is also Ruskin square car park which I used.
1-2 hrs is £4.50
Goodluck on your appointment😊