ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by poper » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:02 pm

@Cullinan

I went there this 12th. Yes, the brown building is where you need to go for biometrics.
There are a few parking slots available in Walpole road or further down at Wellesley Grove.
If you are unlucky to find a slot here, you may need to park further up in Lansdowne road.

Beware of bus lanes, one ways. Croydon is notorious with these. The round about close to the Coop stores was partially closed with road works when I went.
Allow sufficient time for parking.
I was lucky not to drive
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Toxic wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:56 pm
@Cullinan

Hats off to your brilliant efforts mate for helping everyone out!

Are you a lawyer or something? Just curious.
Thank you for your kind words.
No i am not a lawyer but I aspire to be one 😃
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Applied on 3rd of july, sent documents to CW on 16th july, IDV app on 4th of Sep and no news since then.

Booked an appointment for 5/10

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:08 pm

@Luluokis29 @Poper

Thank you very much for your kind recommendations and help. Appreciated 🙏
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:18 pm

user5 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:11 pm
Rags1238 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm
What time is your appointment and where?
Thanks! Appointment is in Leeds at 5pm.

Navkant, completely understandable :D and thanks! I’m hoping they’ll be understanding. I can show them my previously booked ticket which got me there at 4pm!
Hope it goes well. Please update here so it may help others

anaskamal1992
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anaskamal1992 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Been actively following this thread and thanks @Culinan for the great advice.

Wanted to know if anyone who submitted their app after the 12th has been able to book an app. Submitted mine on the 15th.

Thanks guys.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Have been monitoring this thread for a while, and it seems like the appt availability has gone down, many applicants are only able to book appts for October, and many don't see any availability at all. Would you guys generally recommend to go via the IDV app route now is that's available? Dual submission would be ideal, but I'm applying through a generally unresponsive solicitor and I won't be able to convince them do it :| Any thoughts?..
Stressful times!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:24 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:20 pm
Have been monitoring this thread for a while, and it seems like the appt availability has gone down, many applicants are only able to book appts for October, and many don't see any availability at all. Would you guys generally recommend to go via the IDV app route now is that's available? Dual submission would be ideal, but I'm applying through a generally unresponsive solicitor and I won't be able to convince them do it :| Any thoughts?..
Stressful times!
I do not see any advantage of dual submission for new applicants. Dual submission has worked for many who had been waiting for long and their applications possibly had reached interim decisions beforehand.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm
@Ameline

Is Lansdowne Road Centre in the brown building? I am also going there on Friday 😁
Also, how is the parking availability there if you know? Thanks
There is also Ruskin square car park which I used.
1-2 hrs is £4.50
Goodluck on your appointment😊
When did you use it? this looked to me as shut on 12/09/2020. There were works on the road and its gates were completely shut unless I was not looking at its main entrance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:26 pm

anaskamal1992 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Wanted to know if anyone who submitted their app after the 12th has been able to book an app. Submitted mine on the 15th.

Thanks guys.
Keep up the hit and trial method i.e. keep checking your UKVCAS/IDV access at least twice a day.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:24 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Stressful times!
I do not see any advantage of dual submission for new applicants. Dual submission has worked for many who had been waiting for long and their applications possibly had reached interim decisions beforehand.
So basically best to just use the app if possible, and not bother with the appointment?

anaskamal1992
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anaskamal1992 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:26 pm
anaskamal1992 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks guys.
Keep up the hit and trial method i.e. keep checking your UKVCAS/IDV access at least twice a day.

Hi Cullinan,

Thanks for your response as usual.

How does one check if they have access to IDV? Just download the app and enter my details to see if it lets me in?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:36 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:
Stressful times!
So basically best to just use the app if possible, and not bother with the appointment?
Yes.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 pm

anaskamal1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:35 pm
Correct.

Note, if you are chosen for biometrics reuse you will be able to log in the app, you will also be able to book an appointment instead.

If you are able to access the booking system but not the IDV app, it means you are not chosen for biometrics reuse.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:36 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
dannyjjj wrote:
Stressful times!
Yes.
Thank you!!

cookie_barua
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by cookie_barua » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:50 pm

cookie_barua wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm
I am not sure about the current availability but last night many appointments were rolled out and a couple members even today have confirmed appointment availability after 5th Oct. If anyone who applied before 12th Sep have no access to booking system i.e. can not view any appointments, DM UKVCAS via twitter.
Many thanks CULLINAN, for your response. That could be correct that there is some glitch that the entire country has got not a single appointment in my case. I have contacted them via twitter and now going to try calling if incase i get through.
In benefit of people in my position, i wanted to share that i finally got to speak to UKVCAS and they confirmed that not all people are able to book an appointment at the moment. In my case i will need to wait for another email with an invitation to book an appointment. So i guess flash message on their website is a bit misleading.

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:55 pm

alyo wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi

I have OPTED OUT on 6th of Aug. Still no email or able to book an appointment.

Is anyone else having the same issue.
I called sopreasteria and they confirmed that received the Opt out email...

I am a tier 1 applying for ILR.

Please advise
Send them a DM on twitter

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm

has anyone who applied on or after September 12th managed to book an appointment? I am checking few times a day but cannot see any availability yet...

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:26 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm
@Ameline

Is Lansdowne Road Centre in the brown building? I am also going there on Friday 😁
Also, how is the parking availability there if you know? Thanks
There is also Ruskin square car park which I used.
1-2 hrs is £4.50
Goodluck on your appointment😊
When did you use it? this looked to me as shut on 12/09/2020. There were works on the road and its gates were completely shut unless I was not looking at its main entrance.
I used it on the 15/09/20 for my in person bio. Yes, there were road works at the roundabout but it's still open for business. U would find the shutter down, but it automatically opens when u drive close to it😄

M555
United Kingdom

Post by M555 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:13 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm
@M555

Sometimes members have reported not been able to check the status even if the BRP is valid. Tough luck. You will have to wait for official email for approval letter.
Thanks CULLINAN,
I am also going for in person biometrics on 24/9/20. Let’s wait and see.

M555
United Kingdom

Post by M555 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm
Applied on 3rd of july, sent documents to CW on 16th july, IDV app on 4th of Sep and no news since then.

Same dates of submission and email documents and IDV . No response . Booked appointment on 24/9.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm
has anyone who applied on or after September 12th managed to book an appointment? I am checking few times a day but cannot see any availability yet...
Submitted application on 12/09/2020.
Submitted documents on 14/09/2020.

Awaiting email for biometric invite.

Guess I am in the same boat as you are, timeline-wise.

May I know your timelines, @gabidzas?

Thanks.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 pm

asap8 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:59 am
MKC wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 pm
asap8 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 pm
MKC wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm
Hi, I booked a free appointment in Southampton because there wasn't any in Reading. Could someone please let me know if there is now availability in Reading? My appointment is on the 2nd of October.

Just wondering if I should cancel the existing, check the Reading center and rebook immediately if there isn't any slot in Reading :?

Thanks!

Reading is an enhanced appointment centre. All are paid for always, I think.
Thanks for the reply. I am happy to pay for a Reading appointment however there wasn't any available slots when I was booking.
Paid appointments are available at Reading from 6th October.
Thank you very much for checking! Really appreciate :)

butchikMD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by butchikMD » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 pm

M555 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:20 pm
Skeleton wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Same dates of submission and email documents and IDV . No response . Booked appointment on 24/9.
So worried now about losing my job offer. :( too many regrets the way I handled this application.

T2-ICT migrant to T2-General dependent
14th Apr - filed application
May - CW asked for requirements and sent them straight away.
July - was advised eligible to re-use biometrics and need to wait for app rollout. I wished when they made this announcement, they should have already offered us to book an appointment.
August - was asked if I wanted to opt out for IDV. I couldn't decide because I was afraid the free appointments are too far off and the paid ones are exorbitant. I missed the deadline so I was opted in unfortunately. More nightmares after this.
3rd Sept - finally got the IDV app invite in the evening after weeks of attempting to sign in. Completed all requirements and photos the same evening.
18th Sept - chased UKVI and only got an auto reply
21st Sept - checked UKVCAS and there are no free appointments. There's 3 of us so the fees are mostly £300+
22nd Sept - today I got tired of waiting, checked UKVCAS again and was fortunate to see free appointment on 7th Oct in the London HM Passport Office.

Wishing everyone good luck and looking forward to seeing more good news (including mine - fingers crossed!)

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:43 pm

awesomeagni wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 pm
gabidzas wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm
Submitted application on 12/09/2020.
Submitted documents on 14/09/2020.

Awaiting email for biometric invite.

Guess I am in the same boat as you are, timeline-wise.

May I know your timelines, @gabidzas?

Thanks.
submitted application and paid on 15th, uploaded all the documents through UKVCAS and submitted to UKVI on 16th, delay notice received on 18th :(
My Route is T2G + dependent