ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stillwaiting2020
Cameroon

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Stillwaiting2020 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:45 am

Hi, thanks for replying my message, hopefully God will see us through.

rothmans
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rothmans » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi all,

I got a friend in the UK who wanted to claim asylum. He phoned the asylum unit to make an appointment for "screening", but they gave him a reference number and asked him to call after 10 days, after 10 days they told him to seek legal advice from a solicitor. I understand because of Coronavirus, there maybe delays but I am not why asked him to look for a solicitor at this very early stage. He's worried because his visa runs out today.

Any idea why they are delayig this first interview.
Warm wishes.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi! I wish everyone well and safe.

I am sure many of you following the forum. I have asked my solicitor to send a chase up email 5 weeks ago, today I chased her up for an update and kindly asked her to send another chaser if she hasn’t heard back from them. But she rudely replied saying she won’t be doing any more work as long as it is outstanding application for another 3 months due to the legal aid restrictive mean.

Anyone else struggling with their rude, arrogant and lacks empathy legal representative? How do you respond to such manners?

I also tried to ask for advise and she just told me to go ask Migrant help or Refugee council. And I am well aware it is something within her merit and legal knowledge.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:13 am

Joe15 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm
Hi! I wish everyone well and safe.

I am sure many of you following the forum. I have asked my solicitor to send a chase up email 5 weeks ago, today I chased her up for an update and kindly asked her to send another chaser if she hasn’t heard back from them. But she rudely replied saying she won’t be doing any more work as long as it is outstanding application for another 3 months due to the legal aid restrictive mean.

Anyone else struggling with their rude, arrogant and lacks empathy legal representative? How do you respond to such manners?

I also tried to ask for advise and she just told me to go ask Migrant help or Refugee council. And I am well aware it is something within her merit and legal knowledge.
Dear Joe15,

Hope you are fine and having good day.

Its very common to have a bad Solicitor, its just nothing a big deal, you just need to know the ways to handle them ... as we are an Asylum seekers and don't know the law system exactly in depth which is fine ...

First of all search, search, search and search on internet and try to get to know that why your Solicitor is saying like that, mostly you will get an idea that where you stand and what would be the best you can do.

I will take the below mentioned steps if i were at your place ...

1. Call citizen advice and informed everything to them, they will take some advice on your case /situation through your nearest law centre then they will make the conference call with your Solicitor and things will get sorted out ....

2. Try to meet your MP if possible in Pandemic or call him / her and informed everything, when MP will contact your Solicitor so she will reply in a proper way .....

3. Call British Red Cross, Refugee Council or Refugee Actions it may also help you.

4. Remember the Rule Tit for Tat ... it always helps .... 😔 ...

I hope that above mentioned information will help you.

Have a very good day.

Cheers ......

jcpren
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jcpren » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 am

jcpren wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 pm
Has anyone ... actually received their confirmation of status and BRP recently?

Many thanks

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 am

jcpren wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 am
jcpren wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 pm
Has anyone ... actually received their confirmation of status and BRP recently?

Many thanks
Hello Jcpren,
No I haven’t and it’s been nearly three months since I got granted. I even annoyed because my phone bill this month was nearly £200 all because I called the brp numbers. I’m now about to have a Very long conversation with my network provider because there’s no way I can pay for that.

jcpren
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jcpren » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:24 am

Violet, I am so sorry to hear it. I wish you well - and just try to keep in mind that the end result is the most important thing, even if it takes a long time.

My partner got notified in March that he had won his asylum tribunal (which had been in November!), and then in June, UKVI emailed to ask for his photo. We thought they were preparing to issue his BRP at that point. He also received a Home Office letter in June advising that granted refugees would not be evicted from Home Office accommodation for the time being, due to Covid-19. The letter mentioned in passing that he was being granted and that they had ordered a BRP for him, but it wasn't the official decision letter.

He then got texted to report for signing again on 1 September as an asylum seeker. At that appointment, they could find nothing on their system about his BRP or anything about the photo he had emailed to UKVI. They were going to make him come back and report for another signing, but my partner spoke up for himself, showed them the UKVI email and the Home Office letter, and they agreed he shouldn't have to come back and sign after all. They sent him to another building that same day to take his biometrics, so he got his photo taken again and gave his fingerprints, but that was on 1 September, and he's heard nothing since then.

In the other forum about Tier 2 visas, it seems a lot of people have been getting quick decisions and BRPs after submitting biometrics, but I'm starting to think all refugee BRPs have been put to the back of the queue and are on hold. It would be nice to know that refugee BRPs are being issued at all :(

hinaaaa

Post by hinaaaa » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Hello can any body tell how to get section 4 support without accommodation??is their any way???

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 am

hello everyone, hope you are all ok. Wanted to share with you some developments in my case, I claimed asylum in 2013 and the Home office took 18 months to decide on my case and after refusal, all appeal rights were exhausted in 2016. I didn't make any further submissions after that and kept reporting once to home office once yearly and in mid July this year I was shocked to receive a section 120 notice from Home office asking me to respond within 10 working days stating reasons why I should remain in the UK. I had not received any letter from the Home since 4 years after my case was finished. I have 3 children all born in the UK and I am receiving asylum support, So I replied to the section 120 notice at the end of July and told them that my son will be turning 7 years in September this year and wrote that he is now intergraded in UKI included all the evidence , birth certificates, school reports etc and then I did not hear anything back from them until a few days ago ,exactly on my son's 7th birthday when they sent me a letter to enrol for biometrics with my dependents. The letter said they are offering limited places for biometrics because of covid 19 and if I miss an appointment I will be required to rebook when they are fully operational. I telephoned a number on the letter and managed to book an appointment for this week in Liverpool .I continue to pray for a quick and positive decision for myself and others who have been waiting on this forum

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:07 am

shooroma wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 am
hello everyone, hope you are all ok. Wanted to share with you some developments in my case, I claimed asylum in 2013 and the Home office took 18 months to decide on my case and after refusal, all appeal rights were exhausted in 2016. I didn't make any further submissions after that and kept reporting once to home office once yearly and in mid July this year I was shocked to receive a section 120 notice from Home office asking me to respond within 10 working days stating reasons why I should remain in the UK. I had not received any letter from the Home since 4 years after my case was finished. I have 3 children all born in the UK and I am receiving asylum support, So I replied to the section 120 notice at the end of July and told them that my son will be turning 7 years in September this year and wrote that he is now intergraded in UKI included all the evidence , birth certificates, school reports etc and then I did not hear anything back from them until a few days ago ,exactly on my son's 7th birthday when they sent me a letter to enrol for biometrics with my dependents. The letter said they are offering limited places for biometrics because of covid 19 and if I miss an appointment I will be required to rebook when they are fully operational. I telephoned a number on the letter and managed to book an appointment for this week in Liverpool .I continue to pray for a quick and positive decision for myself and others who have been waiting on this forum
Just to add to my earlier post, the section 120 Notice that I received from Home office was marked , Red .0002 notice from refused case management and had to post my response to Liverpool to the attention of a named caseworker.The reason why I was shocked but not surprised to received the section 120 notice is that I was already planning to submit further submissions regarding my Sons 7 year application, but I guess it appears the home were already aware and waiting for his 7 birthday. It has sped things up though.

sammy4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sammy4real » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:50 am

hi guys, A friend of mine have been on asylum for 2yrs and 5months now and she was just given permission to work. Does it mean an her application will definitely be granted bcos she is in uk close to 13yrs and her first child is 8yrs plus now. She did her interviews already and waiting 2yrs and 5months for decision. Pls advise as her asylum application is never refuse and still waiting. Thanks

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 pm

senu14 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm
Bryar wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm
senu14 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm
Hi Jay and Violet,

Quick update on my case again. Biometric letters has been sent out to my old solicitor on 18th August but they did email me regarding it today after 10 days of receiving it. But luckily i was managed to book an appointment for next month. hopefully they are working on the case now.
Hi senu
Could kindly tell me is pre-action protocol not eligible for legal aid I’ve told my solicitor which is in legal aid to send pre- action letter to home office and she said you have to pay Privately and it just waste money all pross take to much money?
Hi
I dont know about legal aid be honest. but i did not pay extra money for send pre-action letter. it was part of case handling i guess when HO keep it long usually solicitors do it to make speed up the process. that is what my thoughts i really dont know exactly but i can confirm i didnt pay for sending pre-action. but that letter has been worked for my case as they been sent me bio metric letters and agreed end the case within 4 weeks.
[/quote

21 September 2020

Thank you for your email correspondence of 22 August, , where you have raised a complaint about the delay in concluding your outstanding Further Submissions.

Our previous reply of 2 July advised that we would aim to conclude consideration of your Further Submissions by the end of the month. You say that no decision has been made and you ask that we provide a definite timeframe.

Based on the information available, I am partially upholding your complaint.

I am sorry that our previously given timeframe was not met. While I understand your concerns, Further Submissions cases such as this tend to be complex and can take additional time to consider. In view of this, it is not currently possible to provide a definite timeframe for your case to be concluded.

I assure you, however, that the casework team is fully aware of your case and it is being actively progressed. You will be notified of the final decision as soon as possible.

I believe I have addressed all the points raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this correspondence by emailing us at:

complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response. You can also review the next stages of our complaints process at the following link:https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we

Hi senu

I hope you are doing well.

I have received response today from have you seen like this response Are they will make final decision what you think?

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 pm

senu14 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm
Bryar wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm
senu14 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm
Hi Jay and Violet,

Quick update on my case again. Biometric letters has been sent out to my old solicitor on 18th August but they did email me regarding it today after 10 days of receiving it. But luckily i was managed to book an appointment for next month. hopefully they are working on the case now.
Hi senu
Could kindly tell me is pre-action protocol not eligible for legal aid I’ve told my solicitor which is in legal aid to send pre- action letter to home office and she said you have to pay Privately and it just waste money all pross take to much money?
Hi
I dont know about legal aid be honest. but i did not pay extra money for send pre-action letter. it was part of case handling i guess when HO keep it long usually solicitors do it to make speed up the process. that is what my thoughts i really dont know exactly but i can confirm i didnt pay for sending pre-action. but that letter has been worked for my case as they been sent me bio metric letters and agreed end the case within 4 weeks.
[/quote

21 September 2020

Thank you for your email correspondence of 22 August, , where you have raised a complaint about the delay in concluding your outstanding Further Submissions.

Our previous reply of 2 July advised that we would aim to conclude consideration of your Further Submissions by the end of the month. You say that no decision has been made and you ask that we provide a definite timeframe.

I am sorry that our previously given timeframe was not met. While I understand your concerns, Further Submissions cases such as this tend to be complex and can take additional time to consider. In view of this, it is not currently possible to provide a definite timeframe for your case to be concluded.

I assure you, however, that the casework team is fully aware of your case and it is being actively progressed. You will be notified of the final decision as soon as possible.

I believe I have addressed all the points raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this correspondence by emailing us at:

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response. You can also review the next stages of our complaints process at the following link:https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we

Hi senu

I have received response today from have you seen like this response Are they will make final decision what you think?

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:01 pm

Bryar wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 pm

21 September 2020

Hi senu

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 pm

shooroma wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:07 am
shooroma wrote:
Just to add to my earlier post, the section 120 Notice that I received from Home office was marked , Red .0002 notice from refused case management and had to post my response to Liverpool to the attention of a named caseworker.The reason why I was shocked but not surprised to received the section 120 notice is that I was already planning to submit further submissions regarding my Sons 7 year application, but I guess it appears the home were already aware and waiting for his 7 birthday. It has sped things up though.
Hi,

It is good news that you received biometric letters and appointment. my daughter turned 7 years last October 2019 and after next day i have applied 7 years route at FSU Liverpool but didn't received any respond since last month until my solicitor send pre-action letter. after that they sent me biometric letters same as yours it said limited appointments and given biometric last week and waiting for decision. I have three UK kids and one has became British citizen last end of January too. as their response this week they are suppose to give decision but never know . pray for you and all who are waiting for their decision. please keep update us once you receive your case decision.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Bryar wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:01 pm
Bryar wrote:

21 September 2020

Hi senu

Hi ,

I have no idea regarding this response as i had quite similar response that said cant give timeline on my case. but i seen here some people mentioned the timeline they have given passed and no response yet. for me this week is the last week for timeline given for me after solicitor letter so lets see. will keep update all and pray for you all to hear good news soon.

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:09 pm

senu14 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:06 pm
Bryar wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:01 pm
Bryar wrote:

Thanks for replying my message

21 September 2020

Hi senu

Hi ,

I have no idea regarding this response as i had quite similar response that said cant give timeline on my case. but i seen here some people mentioned the timeline they have given passed and no response yet. for me this week is the last week for timeline given for me after solicitor letter so lets see. will keep update all and pray for you all to hear good news soon.

jcpren
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jcpren » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Senu and Bryar,

You'll see my post about my partner a few posts back. He got his lawyer to chase the Home Office in early June, and they said they would process his status within a few weeks - but the only thing that happened was that email asking for his photo. They confirmed they received it, but then nothing.

Still waiting for decision/BRP after having his photo taken again at his signing on 1 September. I can't understand why the Home Office is delaying, because surely they have to implement the judge's decision from the first tier tribunal? They didn't challenge the ruling within the required 2 weeks.

Good luck to both of you and everyone else waiting - stay strong.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 pm

senu14 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 pm
shooroma wrote:
shooroma wrote:
Hi,

It is good news that you received biometric letters and appointment. my daughter turned 7 years last October 2019 and after next day i have applied 7 years route at FSU Liverpool but didn't received any respond since last month until my solicitor send pre-action letter. after that they sent me biometric letters same as yours it said limited appointments and given biometric last week and waiting for decision. I have three UK born kids and one has became British citizen last end of January too. as their response this week they are suppose to give decision but never know . pray for you and all who are waiting for their decision. please keep update us once you receive your case decision.

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:27 am

senu14 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 pm
shooroma wrote:
shooroma wrote:
Hi,

It is good news that you received biometric letters and appointment. my daughter turned 7 years last October 2019 and after next day i have applied 7 years route at FSU Liverpool but didn't received any respond since last month until my solicitor send pre-action letter. after that they sent me biometric letters same as yours it said limited appointments and given biometric last week and waiting for decision. I have three UK kids and one has became British citizen last end of January too. as their response this week they are suppose to give decision but never know . pray for you and all who are waiting for their decision. please keep update us once you receive your case decision.
Hi Senu,

Thanks, it good news as well to hear that you have had you also had your biometric letter and gone for your appointment. I think it will be positive news for us because they also mention in the letter that we have been given priority for biometric because of our circumstances, so fingers crossed. I think the reason why your case has taken long to complete is maybe because of the asylum further submissions you made previously because it takes them more time as they have to go over your asylum case once again and decide with the new evidence whether it would result in a different outcome and then they go on to decide about your further submissions in relation to article 8. Those are my only thoughts of why your case might have taken long to conclude as some people who have made further submissions based on private life only have had quicker responses, but in general it all depends with your case and the person dealing with it. I think you will get decision soon. I will keep updating

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi All,

For those whom are following, there has been an update today in regard to my fresh claim, the Home office has finally replied to my MP Letter saying on the 11 August we were refused asylum however were granted leave to remain outside the immigration rules valid until 11 Feb 2023

The decision paper were despatched to my legal representative on the 17 August along with my biometrics.

However upon contacting my solicitor she confirmed she has not received any letters or biometrics in regards to my case. she has sent a chase up to HO asking to resend the documents after showing her the MP's letter.

It is quite odd not to hear anything or even be aware for almost a month after granting some sort of status, and even my Nass support still available. I tired to call migrant help to ask for verification or if they have received any updates but they said they were not quite sure.

Does anyone know a number that I can call to check, and to even ask where about have they dispatched our biometrics and decision letters? I am also wondering since it has been a month I am not quite sure if I will even be eligible for upgrade appeal, if I have the right to appeal the asylum refusal.

wish everyone well

Thank you

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi All,

For those whom are following, there has been an update today in regard to my fresh claim, the Home office has finally replied to my MP Letter saying on the 11 August we were refused asylum however were granted leave to remain outside the immigration rules valid until 11 Feb 2023

The decision paper were despatched to my legal representative on the 17 August along with my biometrics.

However upon contacting my solicitor she confirmed she has not received any letters or biometrics in regards to my case. she has sent a chase up to HO asking to resend the documents after showing her the MP's letter.

It is quite odd not to hear anything or even be aware for almost a month after granting some sort of status, and even my Nass support still available. I tired to call migrant help to ask for verification or if they have received any updates but they said they were not quite sure.

Does anyone know a number that I can call to check, and to even ask where about have they dispatched our biometrics and decision letters? I am also wondering since it has been a month I am not quite sure if I will even be eligible for upgrade appeal, if I have the right to appeal the asylum refusal.

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,

Congratulations for granted your visa . It is quiet confuse with some sort of home office work now a days as i have experienced it too that last month they have sent out biometric letters to old solicitor who been represent me in 2017 years ago and on the other side i been informed that nearly two weeks later from them. somehow i could manage to gave biometric but still worry to where they will send my decision next.so i have to keep an eye as the timeline they given me to conclude the case will end of this week too. Could you kindly tell me that did you get any timeline from HO and if you got it then did they make it on time.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:11 pm

[/quote]
Hi Joe 15,

Congratulations for granted your visa . It is quiet confuse with some sort of home office work now a days as i have experienced it too that last month they have sent out biometric letters to old solicitor who been represent me in 2017 years ago and on the other side i been informed that nearly two weeks later from them. somehow i could manage to gave biometric but still worry to where they will send my decision next.so i have to keep an eye as the timeline they given me to conclude the case will end of this week too. Could you kindly tell me that did you get any timeline from HO and if you got it then did they make it on time.
[/quote]

Hi Senu,

Thank you so much for your best wishes and continues support.
I was not given any timeline, In fact I just made the MP and solicitor to send chase up. They haven’t replied to the solicitor but they did to the MP saying we were granted a month ago. We had no idea, nor correspondence from the Home office. It was quite a shock for all of us ngl.

I wish all of us the best honestly. Hopefully you hear positive news soon!

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:11 pm
Hi Joe 15,

[/quote]

Hi Senu,

Thank you so much for your best wishes and continues support.
I was not given any timeline, In fact I just made the MP and solicitor to send chase up. They haven’t replied to the solicitor but they did to the MP saying we were granted a month ago. We had no idea, nor correspondence from the Home office. It was quite a shock for all of us ngl.

I wish all of us the best honestly. Hopefully you hear positive news soon!
[/quote]

Hi Joe 15,
Thank you for your response. Best of luck for your future works.

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 am

Joe15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Congratulations @Joe , your papers might be sitting somewhere but the good thing is the HO has confirmed you have been granted. Try this number 03001232241