ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:06 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:57 pm
On the flash update dated 21.09, UKVCAS wrote:
UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application. Please be reassured that your immigration status is not affected while your application is in progress.
However this is missing from the 22.09 update. Does this mean above was just another misleading U-turn style message from incompetent UKVCAS ?

In latest update dated 22.09, UKVCAS state:
If you are selected to use the IDV app, please do so. Booking an appointment does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly.
Actual text should have been::
If you are selected to use the IDV app, please don't look for free appointment slots. Booking an appointment does lead to your application being processed more quickly, however UKVCAS wants you to wait and eventually book super-high premium appointment to get a quicker decision
Good one @jameswilliamson6544. And yeah, I agree with the incompetency on UKVCAS' front, their service status updates and the communications from customer service agents have been nothing more than shambolic!!!

gesges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gesges » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:07 pm

31082020 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 am
gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:22 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:13 am
gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 am
Hi everyone,

I applied for ILR through long term residency on 2nd of September. However, I could not book any appointments on the UKVCAS website then, as they said UKVI will be deciding if I'm able to use the IDV app or should book an appointment. On Saturday UKVCAS updated their site, saying anyone who applied before 12th September should have received an email to either use the app or book their appointment, but I haven't received any emails (checked spam, junk, deleted folders)...

Anyone having the same issue? I've been on waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours and still waiting...
DM UKVCAS on twitter.
Thanks, I just did. Do they usually respond quickly?
Please can you update us with their response once they get back to you. I am in the same situation.
They said I need to wait. Without accepting any accountability, they said that they are now in the test phase for having appointments open at the time of submission and that I should hear from them in the next few days. I haven't heard anything back yet. This was after waiting 2+ hours on the call.

On twitter they said they will get back to me which they haven't yet...

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm
User3221 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:54 pm
Seems like no one is using IDV app now 🤭
I submitted the idv app on the 30th of august no decision yet! , should i go for appointment! Advice
Im tier 4
You can if you wish. Dual submission will not harm and have had worked for many. Look for a free appointment to save some money too.
Cullinan, how do you find free appointments. I cannot see any :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 pm

@Jigars123

Use different postcodes. Members can tell latest availability as of now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 pm

@gesges

Use the following email. This might work.

UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk

Its UKVACS yes.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 pm

gesges wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:07 pm
31082020 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 am
gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:22 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:13 am

DM UKVCAS on twitter.
Thanks, I just did. Do they usually respond quickly?
Please can you update us with their response once they get back to you. I am in the same situation.
They said I need to wait. Without accepting any accountability, they said that they are now in the test phase for having appointments open at the time of submission and that I should hear from them in the next few days. I haven't heard anything back yet. This was after waiting 2+ hours on the call.

On twitter they said they will get back to me which they haven't yet...
Keep DM'ing (read harassing) them on Twitter, they are bound to reply. There is another thing you can do (not sure if you have done this already), submit an enquiry through their site with your details, they are bound to reply one or two days (but you will get a reply).

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiry

Good luck @gesges

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 pm

In the core service, so they scan my documents, or i need to pay extra for the scanning ?

Thanks

Sdg-nilou
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Sdg-nilou » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi
I’ve applied online (paid) 16th Aug for my naturalisation
I’ve received an email to use the UKVCAS IDV app on 5th Sept

Waiting for the outcome of my application

gesges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gesges » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm
@Cristina88
Guru, Angel, Messiah, Cullinan,
Finally am taking your advice and not waiting anymore to be in the queue and submitting today, realised no need to wait for 'normalcy'! I have all docs ready so best course will be to pay & submit and then I upload docs on UKVCAS (getting login / pwd on email ? ) and logout and login back to submit. submitting application and documents on the same date (if possible). Is there anything else to do ?
1) Pay and submit via UKVI. Date of application is the date you pay and submit.
2) Press “book an appointment” on further actions page @UKVI.
3) System will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS. Register on the same day.
4) Access code will be sent to your email. Usually it lands up in Junk folder.
5) Upload all documents as per your convenience. Sooner the better.
6) Sign out and sign in again.
7) You will see a submit button. Submit documents to UKVI. Note, you will only be able to submit once. However, you will be able to add more at your appointment/using IDV app at a later stage.
8- Keep following this topic for recent developments as appointments/IDV access usually opens up even before an official update.
9) Wait to book an appointment/IDV access as per your choice.
10) Good luck for a quick decision.
I had no idea about the submit button on the UKVCAS website as it wasn't appearing there when I uploaded the documents.
Does this affect the official time of my application submission? My visa expired on 15th September, I submitted my application to UKVI on 2nd September and created my UKVCAS account on the same day. However, I only submitted the documents tonight after reading your post. Does this mean I have stayed in the UK beyond my leave?

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 pm

In the core service, so they scan my documents, or i need to pay extra for the scanning ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:35 pm

User3221 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Thanks
At core you pay extra. Its best if you can upload all your documents on your own. Do not trust the staff.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 pm

@gesges

Your fine. Date of application is the date you pay and submit. Biometrics date/documents upload date is irrelevant.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 pm

I already upload them on ukvcas and as well idv app, so the appointment only for taking the photo?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 pm

User3221 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 pm
I already upload them on ukvcas and as well idv app, so the appointment only for taking the photo?

Thanks
Are you going for dual submission then??

gesges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gesges » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@gesges

Your fine. Date of application is the date you pay and submit. Biometrics date/documents upload date is irrelevant.
Phew, thanks! So this has nothing to do with me not having received the email from UKVCAS either, right? I should still chase them to see what has happened. So frustrating.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 pm

gesges wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@gesges

Phew, thanks! So this has nothing to do with me not having received the email from UKVCAS either, right? I should still chase them to see what has happened. So frustrating.
You have 2 months to submit your biometrics from date of application. The deadline is mentioned on your UKVI account@further actions page. If you do not get access by tomorrow. DM UKVCAS twitter.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 pm
User3221 wrote:

Thanks
Yeah im planning to , why ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 pm

User3221 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 pm
User3221 wrote:

Thanks
Yeah im planning to , why ?
Need to understand the whole scenario before I answer. In that case, yes, only biometrics submission will be required but do carry all originals just to be on the safe side.

PS I am answering many so cant keep track of individual dates.

gesges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gesges » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 pm
gesges wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@gesges

You have 2 months to submit your biometrics from date of application. The deadline is mentioned on your UKVI account@further actions page. If you do not get access by tomorrow. DM UKVCAS twitter.
Thanks, I already did that yesterday and they said they will get back to me in 1-2 working days. I have now emailed them as well. Their site is updated again and covers applications until 18th of September and I am still waiting for the email :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:47 pm

@gesges

Unfortunately in every lot of applicants given access, there are a few left overs who struggle to chase UKVCAS.. this is frustrating.. hope you can sort it out soon..

anaskamal1992
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anaskamal1992 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi again,

Just for information purposes. What criteria does UKVI uses to determine if someone is eligible for IDV. I have previously submitted my biometrics as part of immigration application however the email I received today said I am not eligible for the IDV and should book an appointment.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

anaskamal1992 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi again,

Just for information purposes. What criteria does UKVI uses to determine if someone is eligible for IDV. I have previously submitted my biometrics as part of immigration application however the email I received today said I am not eligible for the IDV and should book an appointment.

Thanks.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf

Page8

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Thank you cullinan fo all your prompt answers. Yeah i submitted my documents via idv app and ukvcas. So im planning to appointment. So my questions are :
I dont need to ask them to scan my documents?

The biometrics is taking photograph and fingerprints?

Does the extra charge for scanning documents is paid online or in the centre ?

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm

User3221 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:52 pm
Thank you cullinan fo all your prompt answers. Yeah i submitted my documents via idv app and ukvcas. So im planning to appointment. So my questions are :

Many thanks
No

Digital photo, digital signature, finger prints.

Why do you want to pay for scanning? If you want to upload any extra documents, just upload on your UKVCAS account. They will submit for you for free.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:06 pm

Many thanks

I just think that to make sure that they have all my documents (i submitted everything on ukvcas )
One more question: it will not be any problem if i did dual submission?