ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general dependent visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sampath.nagarajan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general dependent visa extension

Post by sampath.nagarajan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi There,
I got ILR based on Tier 2 general 5 years route in sep 2016 and my wife came to UK in march 2016.
her visa history:
march 2016 to oct 2017 - tier 2 dependent
oct 2017 to oct 2020 - tier 2 dependent
as her visa expires next month I am planning to apply for her visa extension. she needs 5 more months of tier 2 dependent visa extension for ILR eligibility.
questions while filling the online form:
1. has XXX been informed they are eligible for a health and care visa? should I select Yes or No
2. Is XXX work in shortage occupation? Should I select yes or no. I remember the soc code was 2136 when I had tier but can't remember whether it was in the shortage list
3. I understand tier 2 dependent extension has a maximum 6 years limit. is this still valid?
4. does it mean I should select length of cos up to 3 years?
5. Do I have to pay the IHS fees for 3 years even though my wife will only get visa for roughly 1 and half year?
please advise.
Thanks a lot!!
Sampath

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general dependent visa extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 am

1. Select no.

2. 2136 is shortage since October 2019.

3. There is no 6 year limit for Dependents. The 6 year limit applies to main tier 2 visa holders only.

4. Yes.

5. Yes. A PBS dependent extsnion is for 3 years as stated in the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sampath.nagarajan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 general dependent visa extension

Post by sampath.nagarajan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for the quick response.

since I am on ILR do I have to select No for shortage occupation? Is there a link to check the cos details and which soc code was used? if not is it safe to put NO?

Cheers,
Sampath