ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am
ndn123 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 am
Hello,

I am in dire need of some advice. I applied for ILR Set (O) on September 14th and just got the email to use the IDV app or book an appointment, via my solicitor. I am eager for the fastest route as I am in a predicament job wise. However, my solicitor cannot find any appointments available anywhere before October 5th. Is anyone else able to see other appointments near London/Cambridge before then?

My biggest question is whether I should submit biometrics via the app (eligible for re-use) or book an appointment 2 weeks away?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Given your dire urgency, submit via the app now and book the earliest appointment and go for dual submission.
Although i do not see any advantage for dual submission for Sep applicants. But I would advise you to book an appointment instead or go for dual submission.
Also note, there is no guarantee that the above will result in a faster decision. But given the reports, the above is the best track you can choose if you are in dire urgency from your end.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 am

gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:40 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am
gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 am
the IDV invite email informs that to login I would need UKVCAS username, password and Unique Application Number (UAN) from UKVI. I am not sure were should I input the UAN, I was able to login without inputing UAN. am I doing something wrong? please advise

No. Its normal. Ignore UAN.
thanks CULLINAN,
I have submitted my application. Should I receive confirmation email after submission? In the App I can see that Submit button is now greyed out, it was red before I submitted.
No confirmation is received.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am

So to appointment: i take passport, brp, and educational documents (origina)
Printed bank statment.
What else ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am
Printed bank statment.
What else ?
Yourself 😃

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:05 am

CULLINAN wrote:
User3221 wrote:
Printed bank statment.
What else ?
Yourself 😃
Good one CULLINAN :lol:
@User3221 I would say print your appointment confirmation with the code as well if you could.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am

Feels like SET (M) isn't much of a priority for UKVI in terms of giving a decision quickly, hopefully things can change soon and decisions can be sent quicker for everyone

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:45 am

Can anyone provide briefly whats happened during the appointment ? Core service

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am
Feels like SET (M) isn't much of a priority for UKVI in terms of giving a decision quickly, hopefully things can change soon and decisions can be sent quicker for everyone
I think SET (M), Set (O), SET (F) and SET (LR) are dealt with by different departments/sections of the Home Office. Definitely SET(O) Tier 2 to ILR because they have been asked to send documents by email by caseworkers and they receive the approval email from WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk instead of Home Office Atlas.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:45 am
The following is all you can expect during the appointment:

It is advised to arrive at least 15mn before the appointment. You would queue outside and a staff member would scan your appointment code. You need to be wearing a mask!!! You would then be allowed to enter the centre by this staff member (there is likely no bags checking in all centre now and you would keep your bag and phone with you). It depends if it is busy in there, if there is a queue inside you would wait for a bit, if not you would just go for your bio straight away. A staff member would start by checking your appointment and passport scanning bio and stamped pages of the passport. They then take a picture of you and the fingerprints and then you would provide a digital signature. They will wait few minutes for all this to be uploaded to their system and if all is good, they will let you know if the documents you have previously scanned/uploaded/submitted are all good as they check them prior to the appointment or if they need to re-scan something. If all is good you will just be shown the exit and you are done!

Good luck :)

jd147
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jd147 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Firstly, thanks to all moderators and contributors here especially Cullinan and CR001 whom I have been following past few months. You have done amazing work that has benefitted a lot people who have been reading the blog. I created an account just to help others with some information on my timeline and thank all of you.

I received my ILR approval email today, below is my timeline for those who need a reference
1. SET(O) Tier 2 (General) 5 year ILR route, application submitted on 23/06
2. Received email from CW on for documents, submitted on same day 29/06
3. Received IDV invite on 28/08
4. Submitted details on IDV app on 29/08
5. Went in for a paid (£121) appointment at Croydon on 19/09
6. Approval email received today on 23/09

All the very best to all who are awaiting on the decisions/appointments including Cullinan who has his appointment on Friday!

Cheers!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:16 pm

@jd147

Congratulations 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:22 pm

UKVCAS last update opened system for everyone before 12th Sep. The latest update has opened system between 12th - 18th Sep... so what about 12th Sep applicants?? Or maybe just an error?

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Huss11 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:33 am
Hi everyone hope you are all well,i wanted to know anyone that has given biometrics around 8th Sept received a decision.I am still waiting for a decision for my husband he applied on june 15 set M.
My wife and I are also still waiting. June 12 application, IDV app 8th Sep. Set O.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm
User3221 wrote:

It is advised to arrive at least 15mn before the appointment. You would queue outside and a staff member would scan your appointment code. You need to be wearing a mask!!! You would then be allowed to enter the centre by this staff member (there is likely no bags checking in all centre now and you would keep your bag and phone with you). It depends if it is busy in there, if there is a queue inside you would wait for a bit, if not you would just go for your bio straight away. A staff member would start by checking your appointment and passport scanning bio and stamped pages of the passport. They then take a picture of you and the fingerprints and then you would provide a digital signature. They will wait few minutes for all this to be uploaded to their system and if all is good, they will let you know if the documents you have previously scanned/uploaded/submitted are all good as they check them prior to the appointment or if they need to re-scan something. If all is good you will just be shown the exit and you are done!

What a prompt explanation, many thanks☺️
Just a question i did not pay extra for the re-scanning, if they found any problem and they need to scan again. So i pay them in the centre?

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Ameline wrote:
User3221 wrote:

Just a question i did not pay extra for the re-scanning, if they found any problem and they need to scan again. So i pay them in the centre?

aab
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aab » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Dear all, this forum has been very helpful during the covid19 times. Therefore,I wanted to provide an update on my timeline:
SET (M) app submitted: 11th May 2020
IDV APP (Photo submission): 26th August 2020
Approval Decision received: 23rd September 2020 - 9:46 am

jd147
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jd147 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:29 pm

[*]
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:16 pm
@jd147

Congratulations 🥳
Thanks! Good luck mate :)

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 am
@Ashwin_18

Anyone who is eligible for IDV app can book an appointment instead also. Choice is yours. You do not have to notify, opt out etc.

Also, as per the recent reports, I think the earliest availability is 5th Oct... Other members may be able to help who have access to the system if they can see any earlier paid appointments in London....
Thanks Cullinan.

Appreciate your swift response. Have a good day !

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm
Ameline wrote:
User3221 wrote:

If you need documents to be scanned at a Core Centre, this will be subject to an extra cost. Please be aware that if you choose not to upload documents beforehand your waiting time at the appointment will be longer. So you would lose time and extra money.

Best of luck bent/weld bledi :wink:

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm
User3221 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
User3221 wrote:

If you need documents to be scanned at a Core Centre, this will be subject to an extra cost. Please be aware that if you choose not to upload documents beforehand your waiting time at the appointment will be longer. So you would lose time and extra money.

merci!! ,i already uploaded on ukvcas, so just in case they found anything aint clear, i pay extra in the centre?

Galaa
United Kingdom

Post by Galaa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am
ndn123 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 am
Hello,

I am in dire need of some advice. I applied for ILR Set (O) on September 14th and just got the email to use the IDV app or book an appointment, via my solicitor. I am eager for the fastest route as I am in a predicament job wise. However, my solicitor cannot find any appointments available anywhere before October 5th. Is anyone else able to see other appointments near London/Cambridge before then?

My biggest question is whether I should submit biometrics via the app (eligible for re-use) or book an appointment 2 weeks away?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Given your dire urgency, submit via the app now and book the earliest appointment and go for dual submission.
Although i do not see any advantage for dual submission for Sep applicants. But I would advise you to book an appointment instead or go for dual submission.
@ndn123 Try to look at Birmingham. There are lot of space and some of them even in this week.

@CULLINAN I am also in same situation, I submitted biometrics via the app for my ILR application. My experience from previous application, Tier-2 which has been submitted in May and still not received HO decision, using the app takes a long time so you mean now situation is changed and there is no advantage for dual submission? How did you noticed that? Thanks in advance.

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:59 pm

A general observation, I have not seen even a single SET(LR) approved since the COVID pandemic. Is this route really at the bottom of the list priority-wise?
I can only assume that HO is just hoping that many people will just go away or withdraw their applications. There can not be any other reasons because SET(LR) is straightforward and the documents to check are very few too (unlike other routes, where they have to check tax statements, HMRC records, leave authorisations from several employers etc)...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:04 pm

@Galaa
CULLINAN I am also in same situation, I submitted biometrics via the app for my ILR application. My experience from previous application, Tier-2 which has been submitted in May and still not received HO decision, using the app takes a long time so you mean now situation is changed and there is no advantage for dual submission? How did you noticed that? Thanks in advance.
I meant dual submission makes sense for applicants who are waiting since March - Aug as they have been waiting for a long time.
The ones who submitted their docs via UKVCAS to UKVI, most likely their interim processing is done. Majority have benefited from dual submissions in that lot.

However, I do not see any advantage of dual submission for new applicants. Going for an appointment instead seems a better option.

Having said that, there is no guarantee for a faster decision on either route to submit biometrics. But if one has an urgent need for a decision, I think one should test his/her luck via the appointment route.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:04 pm

User3221 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:53 pm
Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm
User3221 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

merci!! ,i already uploaded on ukvcas, so just in case they found anything aint clear, i pay extra in the centre?
Yes you would pay extra in there if they need to re-scan a doc. You should be fine. I have only be asked to provide my passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:06 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:59 pm
A general observation, I have not seen even a single SET(LR) approved since the COVID pandemic. Is this route really at the bottom of the list priority-wise?
I can only assume that HO is just hoping that many people will just go away or withdraw their applications. There can not be any other reasons because SET(LR) is straightforward and the documents to check are very few too (unlike other routes, where they have to check tax statements, HMRC records, leave authorisations from several employers etc)...
No need to be so melodramatic. All applications have exactly the same checks, HMRC, employment for potential visa breaches, absence etc. Set(LR) is no exception. There have been approvals, posted in the timeline thread. Also note that the people posting on the forum are only a faction of all applications UKVI receive!

indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... l#p1939026
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.