ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial Settlement - Accomodation During Job Search--- what

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravib

Initial Settlement - Accomodation During Job Search--- what

Post by ravib » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:51 am

Hi All,

I got my HSMP visa and Planning to move to UK by this month end. I need your advice on

1. How can I get accomodation which is a bit economical , because I dont have any offer now . I will go and search in UK . The accomodation need to be at a reasonable price

2. what all are the initial settlement tasks after landing in UK

Please reply

Regards
Ravi

antouk

Post by antouk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:20 am

i donno whether this is a right place to discuss these things, if not, mods pls move this to appropriate forum.

u can find lots of house shares all thru UK. London is the job centric place, so u can start from london. It is but costlier than other cities, but on a average u'd spend the same amount of money if u are travelling for interviews to london from some of the cheaper cities. So better stay in london, even i did the same.

u can get house share from 50 to 400 pounds per week. it is better to have an accomodation in place once u land here, if not u have to have a hotel accomodation and search for a house share.

once u land in uk, u have to do 4 important things:
1. open bank account. u can open a free account with barclays.
2. Get an internet connection. u get wireless dongles for 50 pounds. thats the easiest and fastest way to go online.
3. get a phone connection, initially u can go for a pay as u go option, rather than settling for a yearly contract.
4. get an oyster card(if u r going to stay in london). this will save u lot in travelling.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:54 am

Look up gumtree for cheap accomodation .eating out is pretty expensive so u r better of cooking your self.so be prepared for the same.

ravib

Thanks

Post by ravib » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Regards
Ravi