ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependant Visa from ouside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alog1
Mood:
India

ILR dependant Visa from ouside UK

Post by alog1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi,

I recently got my ILR and I am trvelling to my home country. I am getting married as soon as I reach. Which type of visa I need to apply for my spouse from my home country?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependant Visa from ouside UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi CR001, Thank you for the link.

Here is my case, I was Tier 2 General Main applicant and got my ILR just this month. My friend said that I should be applying Tier 2 General dependent visa for my spouse. This is bit confusing.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 8-2020.pdf

"15.If youare the dependant of a person (Main Applicant) who has indefinite leave to remain (ILR), or British citizenship, you should read this guidance as if they still hold their last grant of limited leave."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:01 pm

alog1 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Here is my case, I was Tier 2 General Main applicant and got my ILR just this month. My friend said that I should be applying Tier 2 General dependent visa for my spouse. This is bit confusing.

"15.If youare the dependant of a person (Main Applicant) who has indefinite leave to remain (ILR), or British citizenship, you should read this guidance as if they still hold their last grant of limited leave."
You have ILR why would you then go for T2 dependant? Spouse visa is what you need for your wife. Kindly check through that you have all required documentations in place before travelling so their won't be undue delay in gathering such evidence in support of the application.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:33 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:01 pm
alog1 wrote:

You have ILR why would you then go for T2 dependant? Spouse visa is what you need for your wife. Kindly check through that you have all required documentations in place before travelling so their won't be undue delay in gathering such evidence in support of the application.

Ok thank you!

Here is my another doubt, regarding the financial requirements

"Example
You must have £2,205 if you want to bring your partner and one child with you to the UK (£945 to support yourself plus £630 for your partner and £630 for your child)."

Is this amount additional to what I spent for the month (like at the end of every month bank balance) or it is fine if my salary is above the minimum requirement

If I earn £3000 per month after tax , End of month I would have 1400 in my bank account.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:01 pm
alog1 wrote:

The dependant visa I am talking about is for wife, I am only asking about the route for the dependant visa for my Spouse

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:27 pm

There is only ONE financial requirement for a spouse settlement visa, the link I provided, and that is £18,600pa. It is more if you have children, which you don't appear to have.
"Example
You must have £2,205 if you want to bring your partner and one child with you to the UK (£945 to support yourself plus £630 for your partner and £630 for your child)."

Is this amount additional to what I spent for the month (like at the end of every month bank balance) or it is fine if my salary is above the minimum requirement
This is NOT relevant to a spouse visa. This is ONLY relevant to a PBS dependent visa maintenance fund requirement, which you are NOT and CANNOT apply for if your spouse does not CURRENTLY have a PBS Dependent visa issued BEFORE you got ILR.
If I earn £3000 per month after tax , End of month I would have 1400 in my bank account.
You need to prove a minimum of £1550 BEFORE deductions to meet the £18,600pa financial requirement.
alog1 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm
The dependant visa I am talking about is for wife, I am only asking about the route for the dependant visa for my Spouse
You cannot apply for a tier 2 dependent visa. You only have ONE option, and that is the spouse visa link I have already provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:27 pm
There is only ONE financial requirement for a spouse settlement visa, the link I provided, and that is £18,600pa. It is more if you have children, which you don't appear to have.
"Example

This is NOT relevant to a spouse visa. This is ONLY relevant to a PBS dependent visa maintenance fund requirement, which you are NOT and CANNOT apply for if your spouse does not CURRENTLY have a PBS Dependent visa issued BEFORE you got ILR.
You need to prove a minimum of £1550 BEFORE deductions to meet the £18,600pa financial requirement.
alog1 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm
You cannot apply for a tier 2 dependent visa. You only have ONE option, and that is the spouse visa link I have already provided.
Thanks a lot for the clarifications @CR001