ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ndn123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ndn123 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:33 pm
Good luck @ndn123. What date did you manage to secure an appointment? Free/paid?
I was able to book one for 1/10/20 at Chelmsford for £135.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:46 pm

ndn123 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:33 pm
Good luck @ndn123. What date did you manage to secure an appointment? Free/paid?
I was able to book one for 1/10/20 at Chelmsford for £135.
Cool. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 pm
@stonelove

I agree with what you said.

Did you go only for an appointment on 21/8?

As I said, there is no guarantee for a quicker decision on any biometrics submission route.

However, there is no harm, if someone (March - July) wants to test their luck via dual submission having waited for over 3/4 weeks after IDV submission. Again, no guarantee but may work. If dual submission does not work either, wait patiently till you meet the service standard before contacting/involving HO/MP.
@ Cullinan I did both and still waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Where is Professor @krishnakumarg who started this dual submission idea. The forum has missed you. Hope you have pointed out to UKVCAS about their grammatical errors... looking forward to hear from you soon........
krishnakumarg wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 am
Slightly mollifying that the official agency handling something as important as the UK's immigration process does not check grammar prior to publishing important flash message updates on the web.

What does 'pend-up' demand mean?
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm

@stonelove

Hang in there. You soon shall succeed.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Guys,
I know it may sound like a stupid question but do what the HO people actually check? We submit (set (O)) a fairly small number of documents and our applications are very straight forward. I have now been waiting for > 2 weeks since the day of my biometrics and just trying to understand the logic.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 pm
Guys,
I know it may sound like a stupid question but do what the HO people actually check? We submit (set (O)) a fairly small number of documents and our applications are very straight forward. I have now been waiting for > 2 weeks since the day of my biometrics and just trying to understand the logic.
HO makes their own checks from different government departments/systems at all angles before making a decision for ILR.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 pm
Guys,
Google search gave me this link. I have not read it in depth. Its for you to read. Maybe you will get answers.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v-2015.pdf

shaggyuk
Newly Registered

Post by shaggyuk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:15 pm

I have recently submitted application for ILR for myself and two dependents (wife+infant baby) and I am uploading necessary documents now. I came across Consent form requirement and signed part 1 myself and my wife signed part 2. Is it suficient or am I missing anything?

TIA.
Last edited by shaggyuk on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:16 pm

shaggyuk wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:15 pm
I have recently submitted application for ILR for myself and two dependents (wife+infant baby) and I am uploading necessary documents now. I came across Consent form requirement and signed part 1 myself and my wife signed part 2. Is it enough or am I missing anything?

TIA.
Please keep this question in your own thread. Its not relevant here.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1744266

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm
CULLINAN, Thank you for your reply. I don't see how it's possible to get the login details from my solicitor given they are generally non-collaborative and not replying to my queries, so I was hoping it would be possible to achieve via UKVI/UKVCAS and proceed with my application on my own. Obviously I would pay my dues and notify the solicitor about the agreement cancellation, but at least my application would not depend on them anymore. Apparently it is not possible so I still 100% depend on them and am practically screwed :( Biggest mistake to apply through them.
If your solicitor is registered with SRA who regulate solicitor's you can contact them and explain to them what is going on but my first point of call will be having a meeting with your solicitor and explaining how you feel and the best way forward.

ecaaext
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ecaaext » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:37 pm

ecaaext wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:58 pm
Hi Guys,

I wanted to provide an update on my timeline

Applied for ECAA Extension with Dependant : Ankara Agreement
Application form sent : 15/07/2020
Docs uploaded to UKVCAS : 6/08/2020
Appointment Location : Croydon - Free 8/09/2020 ( Biometric - Finger Print)
Decision : waiting.........
Short story :) :) :)

Approval email received right now... Have a nice days !!!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:42 pm

stonelove wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
CULLINAN, Thank you for your reply. I don't see how it's possible to get the login details from my solicitor given they are generally non-collaborative and not replying to my queries, so I was hoping it would be possible to achieve via UKVI/UKVCAS and proceed with my application on my own. Obviously I would pay my dues and notify the solicitor about the agreement cancellation, but at least my application would not depend on them anymore. Apparently it is not possible so I still 100% depend on them and am practically screwed :( Biggest mistake to apply through them.
I doubt solicitors will relinquish their login details as they might be tied to other applications they handle. I am curious however if your solicitors are your employer's preferred or suggested ones. If that is so, you can get your employer involved. I have to go via my company's immigration consultants and at times they seem to ignore me but I get my employers involved if i feel i am not being attended to and so far that has worked.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Where is Professor @krishnakumarg who started this dual submission idea. The forum has missed you. Hope you have pointed out to UKVCAS about their grammatical errors... looking forward to hear from you soon........
krishnakumarg wrote:
Slightly mollifying that the official agency handling something as important as the UK's immigration process does not check grammar prior to publishing important flash message updates on the web.

All this while I have been thinking the same. i remember the argument and how the whole situation has changed to everyone going / being advised for a dual submission.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:02 pm

HI Folks

I've submitted my T2G to ILR application on 14/08/2020 and completed the biometrics on 17/09 at croydon branch. I haven't got a decision yet and I know it can take up to 6 months and each case is different. My issue is I need to apply for my dependents Tier 2 PBS extension as they fall short of being eligible for ILR by 3 months.

I have completed their application and booked their biometrics for 07/10 in London (Mark Lane). My concern is that outcome of my dependents application is based on the outcome of my ILR. If I haven't received a decision on my ILR how will UKVI treat this application ?

I have mentioned in my covering letter that my ILR is pending a decision and provided all the details. I wanted to know is there a way to request UKVI to expedite my application decision so that my depends application is evaluated with knowledge that I have an ILR. Any help of how to email UKVI and request for faster decision would be helpful. :|

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:05 pm

gag285 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:54 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:

All this while I have been thinking the same. i remember the argument and how the whole situation has changed to everyone going / being advised for a dual submission.
Just for the record, argument was not about “dual submission.” It was merely about decision pace and unnecessary worries. Anyways, we are past that.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Apologies but I don't think I have said or implied that the argument was about Dual Submission in case I have been misunderstood. Anyways good we are past that.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:15 pm

gag285 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm
Apologies but I don't think I have said or implied that the argument was about Dual Submission in case I have been misunderstood. Anyways good we are past that.
No worries. Cheers 🥂

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:02 pm
HI Folks

I've submitted my T2G to ILR application on 14/08/2020 and completed the biometrics on 17/09 at croydon branch. I haven't got a decision yet and I know it can take up to 6 months and each case is different. My issue is I need to apply for my dependents Tier 2 PBS extension as they fall short of being eligible for ILR by 3 months.

I have completed their application and booked their biometrics for 07/10 in London (Mark Lane). My concern is that outcome of my dependents application is based on the outcome of my ILR. If I haven't received a decision on my ILR how will UKVI treat this application ?

I have mentioned in my covering letter that my ILR is pending a decision and provided all the details. I wanted to know is there a way to request UKVI to expedite my application decision so that my depends application is evaluated with knowledge that I have an ILR. Any help of how to email UKVI and request for faster decision would be helpful. :|
You dont have to worry about this. You have input your details in your dependent’s form. Also, written a cover letter. Your applications will be linked automatically. UKVI will only make a decision on your dependent’s application after your application is decided. Their applications will only be accepted if tours is accepted. You do not have to do anything more on your end. No worries.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks a lot mate.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:36 pm
Thanks a lot mate.
I think you could have followed a better approach. You should have booked appointment for your dependent’s very close to their deadline. Deadline is two months after date of application which is mentioned on UKVI account. Their decision can not be made without biometrics. They can provide biometrics at the latest before the deadline. After biometrics and if a decision is not reached till they qualify for ILR, you can vary their applications to ILR given they fulfil their residency. This has more possibility of saving you huge money.
If you want to further explore this option, carry on in your existing thread with specific dates so members can advise you with better options.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:10 pm

aab wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Dear all, this forum has been very helpful during the covid19 times. Therefore,I wanted to provide an update on my timeline:
SET (M) app submitted: 11th May 2020
IDV APP (Photo submission): 26th August 2020
Approval Decision received: 23rd September 2020 - 9:46 am
Congratulations!
My timeline is similar to you, applied on the 14th of May and IDV submission 25th of August. I am still waiting for the decision though. Hope it will come soon :D

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
CULLINAN, Thank you for your reply. I don't see how it's possible to get the login details from my solicitor given they are generally non-collaborative and not replying to my queries, so I was hoping it would be possible to achieve via
UKVI/UKVCAS and proceed with my application. Obviously I would pay my dues and notify the solicitor about the agreement cancellation, but at least my application would not depend on them anymore. Apparently it is not possible so I still 100% depend on them and am practically screwed :( Biggest mistake to apply through them.
Many applicants have been screwed by solicitors. Maybe other applicants who dealt with the same can help you further.... Good luck.
I had the same issue. My solicitor submitted application on 4th Aug. However he did not complete all steps. After application submission, he should have pressed on continue button under book appointment page. I was under the impression that my application is progressing. Nothing was moving, I started monitoring other cases on this forum. I got suspicious that some thing is wrong. My solicitor kept on saying it takes six months. Whenever I used to ask him about progress. I asked Solicitor to share my UAN number on 6th Sep. On 7th sep when I checked with UKVCAS, they told me that my application had not reached them because Solicitor did not complete all steps. I suspect this may be the case with your solicitor. I agree its waste of time and money to go through solicitors. You have no control on case.

Cyanhat
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cyanhat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 pm

gyanp wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
CULLINAN, Thank you for your reply. I don't see how it's possible to get the login details from my solicitor given they are generally non-collaborative and not replying to my queries, so I was hoping it would be possible to achieve via
UKVI/UKVCAS and proceed with my application. Obviously I would pay my dues and notify the solicitor about the agreement cancellation, but at least my application would not depend on them anymore. Apparently it is not possible so I still 100% depend on them and am practically screwed :( Biggest mistake to apply through them.
Many applicants have been screwed by solicitors. Maybe other applicants who dealt with the same can help you further.... Good luck.
I had the same issue. My solicitor submitted application on 4th Aug. However he did not complete all steps. After application submission, he should have pressed on continue button under book appointment page. I was under the impression that my application is progressing. Nothing was moving, I started monitoring other cases on this forum. I got suspicious that some thing is wrong. My solicitor kept on saying it takes six months. Whenever I used to ask him about progress. I asked Solicitor to share my UAN number on 6th Sep. On 7th sep when I checked with UKVCAS, they told me that my application had not reached them because Solicitor did not complete all steps. I suspect this may be the case with your solicitor. I agree its waste of time and money to go through solicitors. You have no control on case.

I checked this myself, and turns out mine is exactly (word-to-word) the same case as yours and many others who are effed up by solicitors (difference is that mine is a July application).

Trying to chase up on the solicitor whose reply takes days (if ever he replies) and will check all the steps myself. Sponsor is fully dependent on solicitor and would only do as he says.
He is definitely going to answer to the OISC once this is through whatever the outcome.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Fahadnari wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:36 pm
Thanks a lot mate.
I think you could have followed a better approach. You should have booked appointment for your dependent’s very close to their deadline. Deadline is two months after date of application which is mentioned on UKVI account. Their decision can not be made without biometrics. They can provide biometrics at the latest before the deadline. After biometrics and if a decision is not reached till they qualify for ILR, you can vary their applications to ILR given they fulfil their residency. This has more possibility of saving you huge money.
If you want to further explore this option, carry on in your existing thread with specific dates so members can advise you with better options.
All our visa expires on 14 Oct 2020 so had to apply before expiry .