ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Results of Free rreview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mechanical-engineer

Results of Free rreview

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Hi all,

Few days back I sended my review because HSMP team did not award me points for Spouse achievements.
Question: How much chances are there to have +ve outcome if some body apply for free review.

cheers,

sergio39

Post by sergio39 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:22 pm

This question is interesting for me too. I am waiting for a result of my review.
Did they confirmed the receipt of your review? I have sent it 10 times, maybe, by fax and by email before they registered it and could confirm the receipt.

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:13 am

Hi Serigo,

U r right,it is really difficult to have confimation about reaching ur review...not sure whats the reason...might they do not have any defind procedure for it.yes,I few days back received confirmation by mail that they have received it.As u mentioned I also used all communication ways for it.
Hope boards member will response to access either it is feasible to go for free review or it is useless.

cheers,

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:51 pm

It all depends on why they refused you in the first place. if you were refused becoz they thought the evidence you supplied was insufficient, chances are you will get refused again, because you wont be able to put in new evidence and your case will be treated with your original documents.
You say you are claiming spouse points. Can you enlighten the members on why you didn’t the points in the first application (the reason given in the refusal letter). Also what documents you provide as proof that your spouse is a Graduate (e.g Bachelors, Masters and country of application) / or whether they have 2 years graduate experience, and the proof that you have been living together for at least 2years. You see without such information guys wont be able to tell whether it is worthwhile or not.

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:43 pm

Hi F2k,
Thankx for ur reply.

I totally requested 85 and HSMP team awarded me 60 points.

Qualification = 25
Work experience = 35
Significant achievement in your field =0
Partner’s achievements = 0

Two reasons for awarding 0 points by HSMP team for Partner’s achievements category
1. The Master of Arts qualification, gained in Pakistan is not equivalent to a British Bachelor. It is equivalent to a British Higher GCE Advanced.
2. You have not provided sufficient evidence to show that applicant and his wife have been living together at the same address so we are unable to award points for this category.

WHY I THINK THIS DECISION IS NOT CORRECT?
1. Because applicant’s wife has total 17 years as full-time regular education include 16 years for her Master in Arts and One year for her Post-Graduate Diploma in English Language Teaching
I also contacted British council to advise me about the equivalence of Pakistan’s Master of Arts against British degree. They advise me to visit www.educationuk.org/pk then open the advice link on top bar and then find the equivalence chart for British & Pakistani Qualification.
This chart clearly shows that 16 years of Pakistan’s Master of Arts is equal to First degree Professional Qualification (British Bachelor of Arts).
This chart also shows that British Higher GCE is equivalent to 13 years of study of Pakistan’s education.

Beside marriage certificate (Provided original and attested from foreign office ), I provided more then 15 documents along with my HSMP application in different sections clearly show that the applicant and his wife live together from last 4 years and 10 months.
Following were the documents which I provided at the time of application.Onething more I am living in a combine family system with my wife and son in present house along with my mother and my elder brother family. As this house is allotted to my elder brother by his parent department, the tenancy agreement and all utility bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone , Water etc.) is on his name and his parent department automatically deduct these bills from his salary every month

Spouse Passport. (On Husband’s (Applicant) Name & Address

Spouse Nation Identity Card (On Husband’s Name & Address)

Applicant Son’s Birthday certificate

Applicant’s Bank Statement

Applicant’s foreign currency Bank Statement

Applicant’s Bank Letter

Applicant’s Passport

Applicant’s National Identity Card

Certificate From Union Council City District Government

Applicant’s Registration With Engineering Council

Mobile Phone Tax And Bill Statement

Interview Call Letter From British Council

Letter Employer

At last I intentionally included a new document (Family doctor certificate) to support my previously provided documents to prove that applicant is living with his wife

not sure what will be the outcome...but I am really optimistic

cheers,

guest 000

review

Post by guest 000 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:44 pm

Mechanical-engineer,

How far with ur review request. Have U gotten any reply from them. Were U told how long it will take to get a reply. Sent my review case too yet to get confirmation from them.

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:42 pm

Hi Guest,
They informed me by e-mail that Ishould hear with in 3 weeks time.mean 10 to 15 days more.
cheers,

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:50 pm

Mechanical-engineer,

sorry to hear about your refusal.
I'm one of those who was refused, and then re-approved.
My story is listed on the site as well.
The point that might be helpful for you is that I asked for free review, but they haven't got back with quick response. Moreover, my review request was also rejected... but at least they discovered and detailed the reason what was not clear when I got my refusal.
I was approved only after sending a new application with the same docs but "new" reference letter. Now I think that it is the most important thing to do when you are rejected since the file goes to another case worker.
Hope you'll get through... Good luck!

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:02 pm

Thankx Korbeon,
I did not see so much posting about free review success but I am still optimistic.
cheers,

guest 000

review

Post by guest 000 » Thu May 12, 2005 11:21 am

Mechanical-engineer,

How far with your review? Have U heard from them again. Kindly keep us updated. I also got a mail from them that my review will be out in 2-3 weeks. Hope to hear from U.

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Mon May 16, 2005 5:38 pm

Sorry guest 000, for delay,
Yes,I have got my approval on last saturday....I applied for free review on 10th april and decision was made on 3rd ,may.....I received approval letter on 14th may.

cheers,