ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Fahadnari wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:36 pm
Thanks a lot mate.
I think you could have followed a better approach. You should have booked appointment for your dependent’s very close to their deadline. Deadline is two months after date of application which is mentioned on UKVI account. Their decision can not be made without biometrics. They can provide biometrics at the latest before the deadline. After biometrics and if a decision is not reached till they qualify for ILR, you can vary their applications to ILR given they fulfil their residency. This has more possibility of saving you huge money.
If you want to further explore this option, carry on in your existing thread with specific dates so members can advise you with better options.
All our visa expires on 14 Oct 2020 so had to apply before expiry .
Thats fine. Do as it suits you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Cyanhat wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 pm
gyanp wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm
dannyjjj wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm
CULLINAN, Thank you for your reply. I don't see how it's possible to get the login details from my solicitor given they are generally non-collaborative and not replying to my queries, so I was hoping it would be possible to achieve via
UKVI/UKVCAS and proceed with my application. Obviously I would pay my dues and notify the solicitor about the agreement cancellation, but at least my application would not depend on them anymore. Apparently it is not possible so I still 100% depend on them and am practically screwed :( Biggest mistake to apply through them.
Many applicants have been screwed by solicitors. Maybe other applicants who dealt with the same can help you further.... Good luck.
I had the same issue. My solicitor submitted application on 4th Aug. However he did not complete all steps. After application submission, he should have pressed on continue button under book appointment page. I was under the impression that my application is progressing. Nothing was moving, I started monitoring other cases on this forum. I got suspicious that some thing is wrong. My solicitor kept on saying it takes six months. Whenever I used to ask him about progress. I asked Solicitor to share my UAN number on 6th Sep. On 7th sep when I checked with UKVCAS, they told me that my application had not reached them because Solicitor did not complete all steps. I suspect this may be the case with your solicitor. I agree its waste of time and money to go through solicitors. You have no control on case.

I checked this myself, and turns out mine is exactly (word-to-word) the same case as yours and many others who are effed up by solicitors (difference is that mine is a July application).

Trying to chase up on the solicitor whose reply takes days (if ever he replies) and will check all the steps myself. Sponsor is fully dependent on solicitor and would only do as he says.
He is definitely going to answer to the OISC once this is through whatever the outcome.
Same - agree with both of you. That is sad. One would think that having a solicitor should speed up the process, not make it a nightmare... :evil: I hope that you will have progress soon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 pm

User @Kula who applied on 19th Sep reported to have access to the booking system. Worth checking for everyone after 17th Sep also.....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:20 pm

by Kula » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes I applied on 19th September 2020 and I was randomly checking for any available appointments and luckily saw one available on 6 October and I quickly booked it and I have received confirmation of appointment too. I hope everything is going well.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 pm
User @Kula who applied on 19th Sep reported to have access to the booking system. Worth checking for everyone after 17th Sep also.....
Yes, I applied on 21st and can see appointment as early as tomorrow. Can you tell me what all is required for the appointment so that I can decide whether to book for tomorrow or take some more days (next appointment available for 5th Oct)
Also, I havent received email invitation yet, would that make any difference?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 pm

Appointments Sep 17th onwards are open
Credits to user Kula.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:50 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes, I applied on 21st and can see appointment as early as tomorrow. Can you tell me what all is required for the appointment so that I can decide whether to book for tomorrow or take some more days (next appointment available for 5th Oct)
Appointment confirmation and originals only. No soft copies needed.
No need for email. Just book before its gone.
Check IDV access also. You must be able to login IDV app also if eligible.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Where is Professor @krishnakumarg who started this dual submission idea. The forum has missed you. Hope you have pointed out to UKVCAS about their grammatical errors... looking forward to hear from you soon........
krishnakumarg wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 am
Slightly mollifying that the official agency handling something as important as the UK's immigration process does not check grammar prior to publishing important flash message updates on the web.

What does 'pend-up' demand mean?
I really miss him. we haven't heard from Krish since the "pend-up" saga. #comebackkrish#

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Where is Professor @krishnakumarg who started this dual submission idea. The forum has missed you. Hope you have pointed out to UKVCAS about their grammatical errors... looking forward to hear from you soon........
krishnakumarg wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 am
Slightly mollifying that the official agency handling something as important as the UK's immigration process does not check grammar prior to publishing important flash message updates on the web.

What does 'pend-up' demand mean?
I really miss him. we haven't heard from Krish since the "pend-up" saga. #comebackkrish#
Me too 😀

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:56 pm

@Cristina88

Given the current corona cases surge and a possible lockdown I would urge you to book for tomorrow if available.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:52 pm
Cristina88 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Thanks a lot.. just in case if I book for tomorrow and cannot go , does it affect my application in any way?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Cristina88 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Thanks a lot.. just in case if I book for tomorrow and cannot go , does it affect my application in any way?
Do not book then. I would advise not to miss appointment.

OR
check if you have IDV app access.

Submit via IDV app and then book an appointment for 5th Oct also.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:00 pm
Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Cristina88 wrote:

Do not book then. I would advise not to miss appointment.

OR
check if you have IDV app access.

Submit via IDV app and then book an appointment for 5th Oct also.
I have booked my appointment for tomorrow. It is asking me to upload document again. Shall I upload all the docs again after making appointment ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm

@Cristina88

Noo. You submitted your documents already to UKVI via UKVCAS. At appointment they will only take your biometrics but just to be on the safe side carry originals only plus appointment confirmation. Goodluck!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:13 pm

@Cristina88

May I know what was the appointment availability like? Free/Paid?? Thank you

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:13 pm
@Cristina88

May I know what was the appointment availability like? Thank you
5 October onwards there was appointment available everywhere in London. There were no free appointments. Cheapest was 5 Oct, Lansdowne for £110.
There was only 1 appointment before 5 October and that I booked for £135 for tomorrow.

I cannot tell you how much I am thanking you right now!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:13 pm
@Cristina88

May I know what was the appointment availability like? Thank you
5 October onwards there was appointment available everywhere in London. There were no free appointments. Cheapest was 5 Oct, Lansdowne for £110.
There was only 1 appointment before 5 October and that I booked for £135 for tomorrow.

I cannot tell you how much I am thanking you right now!!
Well I told you I have a feeling you will get your decision very quick. God has been kind. You booked appointment just after 2 days of applying. Speed like Rolls Royce Cullinan! 😃

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm
@Cristina88

Noo. You submitted your documents already to UKVI via UKVCAS. At appointment they will only take your biometrics but just to be on the safe side carry originals only plus appointment confirmation. Goodluck!!
Thanks a lot dear ! I havent received appointment confirmation email.. how long does it take usually ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Cristina88

Thanks a lot dear ! I havent received appointment confirmation email.. how long does it take usually ?
Your welcome. 5min to few hours. But you can see the details on UKVCAS account “manage services” section. Check junk folder also.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 pm
Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Cristina88

Your welcome. 5min to few hours. But you can see the details on UKVCAS account “manage services” section.
Yes, I can see on manage services (which doesnt have any barcode or anything) but not on email to print.
Also, as I am going for appointment, there is no need for IDV app check or dual submission?
Nor do I have to upload docs on IDV app right ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:27 pm

@Cristina88

No need for IDV. Just attend appointment.
You should receive email within couple of hours if not now.
You can just take the PDF barcode on your phone also. Print is better but not necessary as they have to scan in multiple times.

PS just for your own info, see if you have IDV app access. Your documents will be shown on IDV anyways.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:27 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm
To put things to perspective, when you look at the approval timeframes, I feel UKVI is only processing April/May SET(LR) applicants now. The last two approvals reported on this forum have been May applicants.

Whereas, for SET(O) while there may be a minority of April/May applicants still waiting for a decision, September applicants have already started receiving decisions.

The backlog for SET(LR) application appears much longer. I understand HO have a 6 months SLA for standard route applications.
I am mentally preparing myself that my wait will enter 2021 given that I applied only end of August.
We cannot do anything other than hoping for more case workers prioritizing SET(LR) applications.
I applied for SET(LR) on 15th May. Also submitted my dual biometric on the "3rd September" Still waiting!

It is no secret that decision on SET(LR) Applications are taking longer than other routes. I've seen maximum 3 users on this thread reporting they've received their approval since March (Correct me if I'm wrong). Not sure if we can do anything about it. Hopefully the waiting will end soon.

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm

Hi all

ILR Set(M) Application submitted: 8 June
IDV submission: 28 Aug

Even though several members got quick approvals after in person appointment, I thought I'd wait for the 3 weeks to pass after IDV submission. Now it's almost 4 weeks and I have booked a free appointment for 8th October (which is another 2 weeks away).

I just hope that there wont be another lockdown. Should have booked the in person appointment earlier.

Alakazam

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 pm

Alakazam wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm
Hi all

ILR Set(M) Application submitted: 8 June
IDV submission: 28 Aug

Even though several members got quick approvals after in person appointment, I thought I'd wait for the 3 weeks to pass after IDV submission. Now it's almost 4 weeks and I have booked a free appointment for 8th October (which is another 2 weeks away).

I just hope that there wont be another lockdown. Should have booked the in person appointment earlier.

Alakazam
Hope you get a decision even before attending your appointment.

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi all

I saw a member ask the question a few days back about the email address from which the decision email comes. I did not see any response to that question.

What email address does the decision letter come from?

Alakazam