ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) extension questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ummeed123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR(M) extension questions

Post by Ummeed123 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi all. Have a question. Does one have to provide proof of source for the cash savings all over again for extension of the spouse visa FLR(M) if we haven't used it over the 30 months initial visa and the cash just sat there in the account. I as sponsor proved source of cash and the first visa was successful. Please clarify. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) extension questions

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Ummeed123 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm
Hi all. Have a question. Does one have to provide proof of source for the cash savings all over again for extension of the spouse visa FLR(M) if we haven't used it over the 30 months initial visa and the cash just sat there in the account. I as sponsor proved source of cash and the first visa was successful. Please clarify. Thanks
Cash savings – specified evidence
The evidence required for cash savings is specified in Appendix FM-SE:
In respect of cash savings, the following must be provided:
• personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied
upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the names of the
person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the
date of application
• a declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... xLurhR6nv1
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:00 am

Ummeed123 wrote:
Yes, same criteria as you met at initial application is also required for the extension.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:45 am

Ummeed123 wrote:
Also the same amount of balance (£62500) must have been maintained assuming there are no additional none-British dependants.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ummeed123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ummeed123 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 pm

Do i have to prove with 6 months bank statements or the whole 30 months its been in the account? Please clarify. Thanks for your replies everyone. :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Ummeed123 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 pm
Do i have to prove with 6 months bank statements or the whole 30 months its been in the account? Please clarify. Thanks for your replies everyone. :)
6 months bank statements

Ummeed123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ummeed123 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Hello everyone. Thanks for ur kind replies. The source of cash savings was provided using bank statements. About £35000 was gifted by my mother and 14000 gifted by my father. Some cash was accumulated over a period of time from my own incone. For the initial visa, all these amounts were backed up by my own, my father's and mother's bank statements. My parents also provided attested declaration letters from the notary public. The first visa was succesful. Now my question is, for the extension visa FLR(M)do I have to provide all the statements and declaration letters with up to date stamps or am I allowed to use the same old documents from 2017?
Please help. Much appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Ummeed123 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Hello everyone. Thanks for ur kind replies. The source of cash savings was provided using bank statements. About £35000 was gifted by my mother and 14000 gifted by my father. Some cash was accumulated over a period of time from my own incone. For the initial visa, all these amounts were backed up by my own, my father's and mother's bank statements. My parents also provided attested declaration letters from the notary public. The first visa was succesful. Now my question is, for the extension visa FLR(M)do I have to provide all the statements and declaration letters with up to date stamps or am I allowed to use the same old documents from 2017?
Please help. Much appreciated.
Their (parents) statements/declarations won't be needed now rather your (account holder) own declaration with 6 months of bank statements will only be needed same as said earlier.