ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabidzas
England

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gabidzas » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:48 pm
gabidzas wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:45 pm
today I had a call with UKVCAS regarding IDV app and checked whether my biometrics submission was successful; UKVCAS confirmed that the application was submitted successfully and it is now with UKVI.
if that is the case, what difference can in person submission make on the application timeline after one has already submitted biometrics through IDV? Are there any additional checks UKVI is making to verify that IDV submission was valid?
Possibly yes, IDV passes from some extra layers of security before passing onto the CW. But if you applied in Sep, highly likely you will not benefit from dual submission anyways. Dual submission seems to work for majority who have been waiting for long since March-July and interim decisions are already made before biometrics.
thanks CULLINAN, I have applied on Sept 16th and sent my biometrics yesterday. i guess it would be better to wait for 3-4 weeks for decision before booking in person appointment. I hope I will receive decision before that.
can you advise what is the average timing for T2G route?

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:06 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:52 pm
[quote=CULLINAN post_id=<a href="tel:1940506">1940506</a> time=<a href="tel:1600951690">1600951690</a> user_id=179089]
[quote=gabidzas post_id=<a href="tel:1940505">1940505</a> time=<a href="tel:1600951533">1600951533</a> user_id=237362]
today I had a call with UKVCAS regarding IDV app and checked whether my biometrics submission was successful; UKVCAS confirmed that the application was submitted successfully and it is now with UKVI.
if that is the case, what difference can in person submission make on the application timeline after one has already submitted biometrics through IDV? Are there any additional checks UKVI is making to verify that IDV submission was valid?
Possibly yes, IDV passes from some extra layers of security before passing onto the CW. But if you applied in Sep, highly likely you will not benefit from dual submission anyways. Dual submission seems to work for majority who have been waiting for long since March-July and interim decisions are already made before biometrics.
[/quote]
thanks CULLINAN, I have applied on Sept 16th and sent my biometrics yesterday. i guess it would be better to wait for 3-4 weeks for decision before booking in person appointment. I hope I will receive decision before that.
can you advise what is the average timing for T2G route?
[/quote]

I am actually in a similar boat. Slightly different timeline (applied on the 12th) but I submitted my biometrics via IDV today after finally getting access details from my solicitor (with a few days delay!). I’m wondering if appointments could expedite our cases or not al all. I’m also dubious about appts because this means more communication with my solicitor :x

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:31 pm

24th September update.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

UKVCAS now returning to normal service. All should now be able to book appointment(s) immediately, except for T4 students.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:36 pm

This will mean no further invitations to use the IDV app for new applicants (except a few like T4 students).

It appears those previously invited to use the app will still be able to do so.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Hmmm this is interesting from the latest flash message...
After you have submitted your application via the IDV app or at a UKVCAS appointment, all supporting information is sent to UKVI within 24 hours.

UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.

If you have been selected to use the IDV app, please do so.
UKVI have assured us that booking an appointment does not mean that your application will be processed more quickly.
Nothing unexpected here apart from the fact that it is now a written confirmation rather than speculation.

Now that UKVCAS is back to normal service, I wonder when UKVI will bring back priority/super-priority...and if that happens soon, whether they will re-introduce the option to upgrade (as they used to have) so that old applicants are not disadvantaged by the resumption of priority and super-priority services, and will be able to upgrade as they would have chosen the faster route originally if it was available anyway...probably hoping for too much though :roll: :roll:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Korekt wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:36 pm
This will mean no further invitations to use the IDV app for new applicants (except a few like T4 students).

It appears those previously invited to use the app will still be able to do so.
It is quite surprising that applicants will not be using the IDV App from now. Does it mean that it was only launched to deal with the backlog caused by the lockdown since late March!!

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:09 pm

UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order

That is not true I think, the random order of decisions speaks volumes

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:55 pm
It is quite surprising that applicants will not be using the IDV App from now. Does it mean that it was only launched to deal with the backlog caused by the lockdown since late March!!
New applicants; those previously invited should still be able to use it if they want to.

They have said as much, that the app came in to deal with the backlog.

hithlum
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by hithlum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Two of my colleagues got their decisions and cards before me but they sent their application after me. Our applications are similar even regarding the salary.
I went for dual submissions like them and I am still waiting. I am pretty sure that they are not picking the applications from a queue. Possibly there is a pool of applications that they are choosing from randomly.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:32 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:

Always remember that the devil is in the details. The devil here being that just because decisions are not in date order does NOT mean that the applications are not being considered in date order. A lot of things can affect the pace of decisions such as pending cross-departmental and cross-agency enquires, turnaround time from such agencies, departmental staff availability (which will fluctuate heavily due to COVID), caseworker load, case complexity, individual caseworker competency etc. etc.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:37 pm

The new update explains why applicants 17th Sep onwards had access to the booking system but not IDV.. IDV is gone except T4... or anyone who has an invitation can still use it....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Can someone who has access to the booking system pls tell how the new availability of appointments look like?? This will benefit all.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Radius86
Newly Registered
India

Post by Radius86 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:37 pm
The new update explains why applicants 17th Sep onwards had access to the booking system but not IDV.. IDV is gone except T4... or anyone who has an invitation can still use it....
Is anyone else having the same problem as me? I just tried to book a Standard appointment in Gloucester, which went through properly, but I have not received an email confirmation of my appointment. that was 10 minutes ago, time I have spent being on hold with them trying to figure out why my email hasnt come through yet.

Haunting hold music UKVCAS has...

Is anyone else having trouble getting email confirmations of their bookings? It's not in Junk either btw, in case anyone is wondering.
Last edited by Radius86 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Radius86 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm
It can take few hours. The update explains that also.
At peak times, it may take us a few hours to send your confirmation email and QR code(s).
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radius86
Newly Registered
India

Post by Radius86 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Aaah, so I should probably hang up on them then...

Just spent 10 quid probably listing to some really dystopian music and I'm no further.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Radius86 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:52 pm
Aaah, so I should probably hang up on them then...

Just spent 10 quid probably listing to some really dystopian music and I'm no further.
Yup you wasted £10 there. Its normal. You will receive in couple of hours.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm

hithlum wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:

Two of my colleagues got their decisions and cards before me but they sent their application after me. Our applications are similar even regarding the salary.
I went for dual submissions like them and I am still waiting. I am pretty sure that they are not picking the applications from a queue. Possibly there is a pool of applications that they are choosing from randomly.
I agree, I think it's random. However, I am keeping records of application approvals (only the ones which were shared in this forum) since 10/09/2020 and doing some stats and they seem to be starting from August and then the focus was back to March/April/May/June July recently as follows:

SET (O) is definitely quicker to process than SET(M) generally.
10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th of Sep They were mainly dealing with August applications either SET(O) or SET(M). So August applicants overall were the luckiest with few exceptions of course.

15th and 16th Sep Applications approved were from June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M).

17th and 18th Applications approved were from April, June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M)

19th and 20th Sep (weekend) Applications approved were from June, July and September for only for SET(O).

21st, 22nd and 23rd of Sep Applications approved were from March, April and May for SET(M) and April, June & July for SET(O).

Today 24th Sep Only SET(O) applications From July, August and September.

I am a Set(M) 04/09 applicant, I just feel that I am now being put in a long queue. For your case hithlum I think your decision email might be imminent as you applied on 25/08 and they seem to be done with March, April, May and probably June applications for SET(O). Hope this helps.

hithlum
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by hithlum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:08 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm
hithlum wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:

I agree, I think it's random. However, I am keeping records of application approvals (only the ones which were shared in this forum) since 10/09/2020 and doing some stats and they seem to be starting from August and then the focus was back to March/April/May/June July recently as follows:

SET (O) is definitely quicker to process than SET(M) generally.
10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th of Sep They were mainly dealing with August applications either SET(O) or SET(M). So August applicants overall were the luckiest with few exceptions of course.

15th and 16th Sep Applications approved were from June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M).

17th and 18th Applications approved were from April, June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M)

19th and 20th Sep (weekend) Applications approved were from June, July and September for only for SET(O).

21st, 22nd and 23rd of Sep Applications approved were from March, April and May for SET(M) and April, June & July for SET(O).

Today 24th Sep Only SET(O) applications From July, August and September.

I am a Set(M) 04/09 applicant, I just feel that I am now being put in a long queue. For your case hithlum I think your decision email might be imminent as you applied on 25/08 and they seem to be done with March, April, May and probably June applications for SET(O). Hope this helps.
It seems I have to wait and don't have any other choice really.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:50 pm

FLR(M) application made 5th August
Submitted biometrics via IDV app 10th September

Got an email today from FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov saying
We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

and

Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted

So since I have already submitted the biometrics shall i just reply to this email saying so? Or is this just a generic message email and there would be no point. Wondering now if I should also go for a physical bio metric appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:53 pm

damWills1984 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:50 pm
FLR(M) application made 5th August
Submitted biometrics via IDV app 10th September

Got an email today from FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov saying
We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

and

Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted

So since I have already submitted the biometrics shall i just reply to this email saying so? Or is this just a generic message email and there would be no point. Wondering now if I should also go for a physical bio metric appointment.
Generic. Wait for 3 weeks after 10th Sep before considering going for an appointment.

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 pm

I applied through my Company's law firm and my consultant is saying I cannot book a physical appointment for biometrics now as I have already submitted them through IDV. As per them, UKVCAS has informed them that even though appointment booking is available, it is now allowed and they assume that UKVCAS will turn me away at the appointment as they will see that I have already submitted my biometrics through IDV. Any advice ?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:09 pm

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 pm
I applied through my Company's law firm and my consultant is saying I cannot book a physical appointment for biometrics now as I have already submitted them through IDV. As per them, UKVCAS has informed them that even though appointment booking is available, it is now allowed and they assume that UKVCAS will turn me away at the appointment as they will see that I have already submitted my biometrics through IDV. Any advice ?
Unless this is something new that we haven't heard about, people have always been able to book and attend appointments after the submit via the App and they have never been turned away by UKVCAS. I think this law firm people are just out of this planet!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Many are going for dual submission. I am going for mine tomorrow also.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Many are going for dual submission. I am going for mine tomorrow also.
Best of luck CULLINAN! :) plz let us know how it goes.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Will do..Thanks Ameline 😃