ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snooky
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by snooky » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:40 pm

@All

I appreciate your words but remember people without history is like a tree without a root.

Without you there's no me and as far as you smile then the sun will always shine.

Gratitude is not for someone like me but to be given to the the moderators of this platform.

At least through their effort we are all one in the name of equality and justice. We need social justice, probity and accountability.

As far as Zambrano isn't over and the laws evolve, we will bring you the truth to benefit all and sundry.

Congratulations to you rather.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Mecry2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm
IST wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Caseyd wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:23 pm
@ 1st woow woow congratulations to you happy for you.
You re now free from H.O headache you can now plan yr life accordingly.

I believe you had Leave to Remain right? did you have DRC under Zobrano too.?

Enjoy u derseve it.
Thank you very much, yes I had LTR under Immigration rules, never had DRC under Zambrano
@ 1st
A big congratulations to you and your family.
Please how do you appeal as a person with LTR under Immigration rules. There are different scenarios on the platform, only yours resonate with mine.
Thanks,
Thank you very much.

To lodge an appeal under EEA is the same for everyone regardless having LTR or DRC. Please follow Snooky advise how to appeal starts on page 35.
Good luck

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Thanks snooky, lulubaby, IST...and everyone of you. I'm already writing down the pages in case I would need them!

Little update from me. I did biometric today for my drf1 application I sent in about 2 weeks ago. Still awaiting delivery of the eu settlement form fro ho.

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:11 pm
Thanks snooky, lulubaby, IST...and everyone of you. I'm already writing down the pages in case I would need them!

Little update from me. I did biometric today for my drf1 application I sent in about 2 weeks ago. Still awaiting delivery of the eu settlement form fro ho.
Good for you. Sent mine onthe 6th of August, till date, no responds reom them. Written to them by email, nothing.

@IST a big congratulations to you. Very happy for you a very tough and ambitious persons.KODUS 💪💪💪💪💪💪

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am

Sebel wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 am
Greatgreat wrote:

Good for you. Sent mine onthe 6th of August, till date, no responds reom them. Written to them by email, nothing.

@IST a big congratulations to you. Very happy for you a very tough and ambitious persons.KODUS 💪💪💪💪💪💪
Thanks you Sebel

Hopefully all of you guys you will get what you deserve as I said previously all of us here are Zambrano carer. Please do not give up and keep heads up and you will get through in end .
We are so lucky on this forum as we got someone like Snooky which has made our life so easier with all the straight to the points and information ,advice his providing to us. good luck

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Sebel wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

@Sebel that's strange of them. Did they take the money, with that you know your application is on going. Just keep calling. Also, I think @forney did write about how to complain about such last week.

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm
Sebel wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

@Sebel that's strange of them. Did they take the money, with that you know your application is on going. Just keep calling. Also, I think @forney did write about how to complain about such last week.

Yeah money was taken from my account the next day.

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:52 am

Sebel wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm
Sebel wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:

Yeah money was taken from my account the next day.

Please to all those who wrote to the biometric team, please do they send like an auto reply or when di they get back to you? Please am stress up.Any further help?

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Hello everyone, I have just received EU Settlement form and I want to ask if it's a must I send passports as mine and my son's are with the drf1 team. Do I need to request they send them back or I can just include that information in this application?
Thanks.

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 pm
Hello everyone, I have just received EU Settlement form and I want to ask if it's a must I send passports as mine and my son's are with the drf1 team. Do I need to request they send them back or I can just include that information in this application?
Thanks.
I think, there is a section within the form which gives you the opportunity to say why you cannot provide your passport. Insert that it is in another department within the Home Office

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm

hi guys,
I was wondering if someone could help with this one:
1. Is it better to submit a lone DRF1 application or include my dependent son who is not British, but a half brother to the British citizen? The complication is that, I do not a passport yet for my none British son.

2. Do you think, the joint application will have an impact on the processing times?

Your advice on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:33 pm
shay007 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:38 pm

@Mecry sorry to hear and don’t give up. Continue the fight as HO is hell bent on frustrating Zambrano applicants for money gains. They now have a special team dealing with paper application and they are dishing out the refusals like Santa Claus. Can I ask when you made your application and where you asked to provide additional evidence?
Hello,
Are they just ‘dishing’ out refusal letters to applicants with visas already or just in general? Thanks
@Shay007 HO have refused Zambrano applications with expired LTR even with members on the forum. The number of people refused post-Brexit immigration status under the EU settlement scheme has surged by 700 per cent in a month. Data published by the Home Office shows that 1,400 applicants were refused settled status in June, compared with 200 in May. The HO have recently stopped breaking down the percentage of refusal stating it makes collating of the monthly stats quicker and they have refused a FOI request to provide stats on Zambrano applications.

The HO is hiding under the disguise that refusal decision is couched in terms that, the Appellants having been granted leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules previously, and there being no change in their circumstances, were required to apply under the said Rules/ Article 8 Human Rights and that “… a derivative right to reside is a right of last resort which only applies if a person has no other means to remain lawfully in the UK”. It’s interesting to note that there was nothing contained within the EEA Regulations which stipulates/requires that an applicant must exhaust all other means to remain lawfully in the United Kingdom under “domestic immigration law”.

Paper application caseworkers are relying on Home Office Policy Guidance “Free Movement; Derivative Rights of Residence, Version 5.0, 2nd May 2019, which appears to be based upon the Court of Appeal decision in Patel v SSHD [2017] EWCA Civ 2028, which in turn appears to have been recently considered by the Supreme Court in Patel v Secretary of State for the Home Department UKSC59(16 December 2019).

I have twice been asked to provide evidence but tbh with you, I have zero confidence in the system atm.
Onomskky, any news yet on your application?.
@Lulubaby sorry I haven’t been on here. Heard back from HO recently and my application was refused despite sending additional evidence twice. The reason for their refusal is I couldn’t prove the denial would compel me and my child to leave the UK. They referenced back to my previously application under the Parent Route stating they have no reason to believe it won’t succeed should I revert back to PR. TBH it made me laugh as no where in the withdrawal agreement states that. I have since applied for AR and I hope to hear back from them soon.

How about you, what route have you followed?

Rosh_2704
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rosh_2704 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am

Hi everyone,

I am a parent of a British child( my daughter was granted citizenship in July). I have leave to remain under appendix fm (under 10yr route) which is expiring on the 10th of June next year. I understand that the home office is torturing all of us Zambrano carers who do not have a derivative card. I have been a silent member of this forum for the past year and I’ve seen how many people have struggled with their EU settlement application. My head hurts just thinking of the battle that lays ahead for me.

I understand my first step would be to apply for the derivative card which would be refused with appeal rights? I feel very confused about where and how to begin. To make matters more complicated for me, I really need to travel in April. Is it advisable to apply now or should I wait and apply after April? I’m worried if I leave it for the last min, I won’t meet the deadline of June to apply for the EU settlement.

Some advice on this will be kindly appreciated

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:59 am

Spirit007 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 pm
Thanks.
I think, there is a section within the form which gives you the opportunity to say why you cannot provide your passport. Insert that it is in another department within the Home Office
Thanks

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:08 am

Spirit007 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm
hi guys,
1. Is it better to submit a lone DRF1 application or include my dependent son who is not British, but a half brother to the British citizen? The complication is that, I do not a passport yet for my none British son.

2. Do you think, the joint application will have an impact on the processing times?

Thanks
I don't think it will affect the processing times at all especially if the other applicant is a child.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 am

Onomskky wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:33 pm
shay007 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Hello,
Are they just ‘dishing’ out refusal letters to applicants with visas already or just in general? Thanks
@Shay007 HO have refused Zambrano applications with expired LTR even with members on the forum. The number of people refused post-Brexit immigration status under the EU settlement scheme has surged by 700 per cent in a month. Data published by the Home Office shows that 1,400 applicants were refused settled status in June, compared with 200 in May. The HO have recently stopped breaking down the percentage of refusal stating it makes collating of the monthly stats quicker and they have refused a FOI request to provide stats on Zambrano applications.

The HO is hiding under the disguise that refusal decision is couched in terms that, the Appellants having been granted leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules previously, and there being no change in their circumstances, were required to apply under the said Rules/ Article 8 Human Rights and that “… a derivative right to reside is a right of last resort which only applies if a person has no other means to remain lawfully in the UK”. It’s interesting to note that there was nothing contained within the EEA Regulations which stipulates/requires that an applicant must exhaust all other means to remain lawfully in the United Kingdom under “domestic immigration law”.

Paper application caseworkers are relying on Home Office Policy Guidance “Free Movement; Derivative Rights of Residence, Version 5.0, 2nd May 2019, which appears to be based upon the Court of Appeal decision in Patel v SSHD [2017] EWCA Civ 2028, which in turn appears to have been recently considered by the Supreme Court in Patel v Secretary of State for the Home Department UKSC59(16 December 2019).

I have twice been asked to provide evidence but tbh with you, I have zero confidence in the system atm.
Onomskky, any news yet on your application?.
@Lulubaby sorry I haven’t been on here. Heard back from HO recently and my application was refused despite sending additional evidence twice. The reason for their refusal is I couldn’t prove the denial would compel me and my child to leave the UK. They referenced back to my previously application under the Parent Route stating they have no reason to believe it won’t succeed should I revert back to PR. TBH it made me laugh as no where in the withdrawal agreement states that. I have since applied for AR and I hope to hear back from them soon.

How about you, what route have you followed?
Sorry to hear about your refusal. We won’t give up.

I am trying to do PAP before it gets to 3 months since my initial refusal.

Glad to hear from you. The struggle continues.

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 am

Rosh_2704 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am
Hi everyone,

I am a parent of a British child( my daughter was granted citizenship in July). I have leave to remain under appendix fm (under 10yr route) which is expiring on the 10th of June next year. I understand that the home office is torturing all of us Zambrano carers who do not have a derivative card. I have been a silent member of this forum for the past year and I’ve seen how many people have struggled with their EU settlement application. My head hurts just thinking of the battle that lays ahead for me.

I understand my first step would be to apply for the derivative card which would be refused with appeal rights? I feel very confused about where and how to begin. To make matters more complicated for me, I really need to travel in April. Is it advisable to apply now or should I wait and apply after April? I’m worried if I leave it for the last min, I won’t meet the deadline of June to apply for the EU settlement.

No panic my dear; there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Do not lose that hope. There are a number of people in this forum, who are in a similar boat as you. Take some time and go through the different post on this thread, you've got all the advice there. All will be fine

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:36 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:08 am
Spirit007 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm
hi guys,

Thanks
I don't think it will affect the processing times at all especially if the other applicant is a child.

Thank you 😊

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:49 am

Spirit007 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 am
Rosh_2704 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 am
Hi everyone,

No panic my dear; there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Do not lose that hope. There are a number of people in this forum, who are in a similar boat as you. Take some time and go through the different post on this thread, you've got all the advice there. All will be fine
Sorry, i forgot mentioning. There is no harm in putting both applications at the same time: DRF1 and EU settlement, as they are treated by different departments. Prepare to packs.

Rosh_2704
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rosh_2704 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:03 am

Thank you for your advice.

The problem is, I have to definitely travel on 1st of April, for 2 weeks. Do you think it’s going to be a problem for my daughter and I to travel if the home office hasn’t replied by that time?

Chenai
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Chenai » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:06 pm

I applied for DRF1 in 2015 and it was refused and I lodged an appeal. Whilst waiting for the appeal, I applied for FLR 10 year parent route. (Iam a single mum of a 10 year old British child. She got citizenship through her father and after that no contact with the father.) I managed to get the FLR (fp) but after that my DRF1 appeal was approved. At that time the Home Office said it didn’t matter, I could have 2 statuses. I applied for benefits using my 10 year parent route. Includes council flat, tax credits, housing benefit. I subsequently renewed my 10 year route and it expires in November, but I applied for EU settlement based on the DRF1 which expires in October. Looking at the posts here they might refuse my settlement because I have leave to remain which needs 2 more renewals. I don’t want to lose my status. If they don’t reply my settlement before my leave to remain I was thinking of renewing my parent route. I need help to bring an argument on fee waiver. Iam working, yes but only part time and I manage my rent and expenses through tax credits, housing benefit and having cheap council housing. If they make me pay the visa fee it means it will come with no recourse to public funds and I won’t be eligible for council housing and all other benefits and I will be destitute. Please help me how I put this on the fee waiver form. I also want to ask if they refuse my settlement based on Zambrano DRF1 would I be able to appeal while I renew the 10 year parent route. Many thanks

Caseyd
Newly Registered
England

Post by Caseyd » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 am

Chenai wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:06 pm
I applied for DRF1 in 2015 and it was refused and I lodged an appeal. Whilst waiting for the appeal, I applied for FLR 10 year parent route. (Iam a single mum of a 10 year old British child. She got citizenship through her father and after that no contact with the father.) I managed to get the FLR (fp) but after that my DRF1 appeal was approved. At that time the Home Office said it didn’t matter, I could have 2 statuses. I applied for benefits using my 10 year parent route. Includes council flat, tax credits, housing benefit. I subsequently renewed my 10 year route and it expires in November, but I applied for EU settlement based on the DRF1 which expires in October. Looking at the posts here they might refuse my settlement because I have leave to remain which needs 2 more renewals. I don’t want to lose my status. If they don’t reply my settlement before my leave to remain I was thinking of renewing my parent route. I need help to bring an argument on fee waiver. Iam working, yes but only part time and I manage my rent and expenses through tax credits, housing benefit and having cheap council housing. If they make me pay the visa fee it means it will come with no recourse to public funds and I won’t be eligible for council housing and all other benefits and I will be destitute. Please help me how I put this on the fee waiver form. I also want to ask if they refuse my settlement based on Zambrano DRF1 would I be able to appeal while I renew the 10 year parent route. Many thanks
Chenai wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:06 pm
@ Chennai yr case is similar to mine , I will be starting my
fee waiver application today.

I think the fee waiver application is now done online, have you tried filling in it to see what they need, I think you need to write breakdown all yr expenditure, explain y you can't pay , then send them along with 6 months bank statements, while waiting for the outcome of the fee waiver start yr filing yr LTR under parent route online and save it,
And yes you can appeal refusal under settlement schm as long you are given appeal rights ,while you renew yr LTR.

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Provision of Appendix EU (Annex 1) requires mandatory refusal of a former Zambrano carer on grounds that the carer has limited leave to remain under another part of the Immigration rules.

This provision is unlawful for the following reasons:

1. Zambrano carers have a legitimate expectation that the provisions made in Appendix EU should be the same or not more restrictive than the provision for such persons under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’).

2. The 2016 Regulations provide that a person may enjoy an EU derivative right to reside as a Zambrano carer notwithstanding that a person has limited leave to remain under the Immigration Rules.

3. Per the 2016 Regulations, only individuals with indefinite leave are prevented from enjoying an EU derivative right to reside as a Zambrano carer.

4. The Home Office repeatedly signaled its intention, from 2016 onwards, to provide for former Zambrano carers on the same basis as the 2016 Regulations as regards qualifying conditions.

5. The Home Office is required to be straight forward in its dealings with the public. A departure from this requirement is not in the public interest.

6. To frustrate the expectation held by Zambrano carers is so unfair, that to take a new and different course, is tantamount to an abuse of power.

Zambrano carers have a legitimate expectation upon which they may rely, and which leads to the conclusion that the Home Office ought to grant ILR on their respective applications.

References:

The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’)

16 Derivative right to reside

(1) A person has a derivative right to reside during any period in which the person
(a) is not an exempt person; and
(b) satisfies each of the criteria in one or more of paragraphs (2) to (6).

(7) In this regulation—
(c) an “exempt person” is a person—
(i) who has a right to reside under another provision of these Regulations;
(ii) who has the right of abode under section 2 of the 1971 Act;
(iii) to whom section 8 of the 1971 Act, or an order made under subsection (2) of that section, applies; or
(iv) who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom (but see paragraph (7A)).

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm

forney wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm
Provision of Appendix EU (Annex 1) requires mandatory refusal of a former Zambrano carer on grounds that the carer has limited leave to remain under another part of the Immigration rules.

1. Zambrano carers have a legitimate expectation that the provisions made in Appendix EU should be the same or not more restrictive than the provision for such persons under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’).

2. The 2016 Regulations provide that a person may enjoy an EU derivative right to reside as a Zambrano carer notwithstanding that a person has limited leave to remain under the Immigration Rules.

3. Per the 2016 Regulations, only individuals with indefinite leave are prevented from enjoying an EU derivative right to reside as a Zambrano carer.

4. The Home Office repeatedly signaled its intention, from 2016 onwards, to provide for former Zambrano carers on the same basis as the 2016 Regulations as regards qualifying conditions.

5. The Home Office is required to be straight forward in its dealings with the public. A departure from this requirement is not in the public interest.

6. To frustrate the expectation held by Zambrano carers is so unfair, that to take a new and different course, is tantamount to an abuse of power.

Zambrano carers have a legitimate expectation upon which they may rely, and which leads to the conclusion that the Home Office ought to grant ILR on their respective applications.

References:

The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’)

(1) A person has a derivative right to reside during any period in which the person

(7) In this regulation—
(iii) to whom section 8 of the 1971 Act, or an order made under subsection (2) of that section, applies; or
(iv) who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom (but see paragraph (7A)).
@foeney thanks for the great write up. What is this for?please can you explain?

Please I really need help ; @lulubaby, @snooky, @murbashir, @foeney,@spirit007 please ever since I sent my document for the drf1 onthe 6th/8/2020, till dates,haven't heard from them.
Email them about 2weeks, not still heard anything. Can someone be of help please?
Thanks

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 pm

forney wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm

References:

(7) In this regulation—
If you are going to court, if you are challenging your refusal for settlement because you have leave to remain, you need an argument.

You need a reason why the Home Office is wrong.

One possible reason is that the Home Office made a promise to Zambrano carers, you relied on that promise when you made your application, but the Home Office broke that promise.

The first promise is what the Immigration Minister said publicly in 2018, after another MP asked her about Zambrano carers
UIN 163111, tabled on 11 July 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what plans he has to bring forward proposals on the status of Zambrano carers after the UK has left the EU.
16 July 2018

As set out in paragraph 6.12 of the Statement of Intent on the EU Settlement Scheme published on 21 June 2018, provision in the Immigration Rules will be made for a non-EU citizen who is the primary carer of a British citizen in the UK and who currently derives a right of residence from wider EU law (a Zambrano carer). Further details will be provided in due course on the new status which will be available to them.
So, in June 2018, the Home Office said that Zambrano carers would be taken care of based on the draft Immigration Rules.

The draft Immigration Rules published in June 2018, do not say Zambrano carers with leave to remain should be refused settlement.

The draft Immigration Rules from June 2018 did not even really mention Zambrano carers.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... e_2018.pdf

Todays Immigration Rules published in May 2019, require Zambrano carers to be treated differently - and to be refused.

THE ARGUMENT: Zambrano carers have a legitimate expectation to be treated the way the Home Office described in June 2018. The second definition of Zambrano carers published by the Home Office in 2019 is unlawful.

This new definition, which excludes Zambrano carers with LTR, is more strict than the original definition from 2018. People have a right to rely on the 2018 definition. There is no good reason for the change.

More specifically, the Home Office was wrong to create a category for "the family members of a qualifying British citizen" and another category for "Zambrano carers". Zambrano carers are the parents of a British citizen so they are also family members of a qualifying British citizen.

The June 2018 draft Immigration Rules
This Appendix sets out the basis on which an EU citizen39and their family members, and the family members of a qualifying British citizen, will, if they apply under it, be granted indefinite leave to remain or limited leave to remain.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... e_2018.pdf