ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asingh42
United Kingdom

Cohabitation evidence

Post by asingh42 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi guys, my wife who is on a spouse visa came to the UK in 2018 and she is up for visa renewal next year sometimes in August. We live with my parents so lot of the utility bills are on my parent's name so I am not sure if I have enough of the letters in joint name.

I currently have bank in joint name and Gas/Elec in joint name so 2 sources. Also my wife also has HMRC letters, NHS letter from the last year. We also had a baby earlier this year so I am not sure if this would count as evidence. So how much more different sources do we need in terms of address proof? I think if I can get another joint source would that be sufficient?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation evidence

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 pm

asingh42 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:21 pm
Hi guys, my wife who is on a spouse visa came to the UK in 2018 and she is up for visa renewal next year sometimes in August. We live with my parents so lot of the utility bills are on my parent's name so I am not sure if I have enough of the letters in joint name.

I currently have bank in joint name and Gas/Elec in joint name so 2 sources. Also my wife also has HMRC letters, NHS letter from the last year. We also had a baby earlier this year so I am not sure if this would count as evidence. So how much more different sources do we need in terms of address proof? I think if I can get another joint source would that be sufficient?
Usually 6 piece of documents if jointly named where as 12 if are individually addressed from at least 3 sources with even gaps of 3-4 months covering the last 2 years are required. For this purpose, any letter/correspondence bearing the name, date & addresses from any credible source (excluding personal/informal letters) can be relied.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

asingh42
United Kingdom

Post by asingh42 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 am

So joint Bank account will be counted as 2 documents and therefore I need in total 3 sources in joint name spread evenly for the last 2 years?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:26 pm

asingh42 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 am
So joint Bank account will be counted as 2 documents and therefore I need in total 3 sources in joint name spread evenly for the last 2 years?
Joint bank statements will be counted as one source despite will cover you both. You still need at least 2 more sources yielding the documents in joint or individual names.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

asingh42
United Kingdom

Post by asingh42 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:14 pm

What I meant was that you said I need 6 documents from 3 sources. So giving joint bank statement is counted as 2 out of 6 documents from on source or am i not getting it? Or do you mean like 4 months gap so 6 documents to cover the 24 month?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:26 pm

asingh42 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:14 pm
What I meant was that you said I need 6 documents from 3 sources. So giving joint bank statement is counted as 2 out of 6 documents from on source or am i not getting it? Or do you mean like 4 months gap so 6 documents to cover the 24 month?
You need evidence to cover last 2 years or 24 months, they should be evenly spaced at 3-4 months interval. For joint names, means you can use 2 of the bank statements covering 2 different time periods.
So if joint names, you need additional 2 sources that can with 4 pieces of evidence to complete the requirement for joint named cohabitation evidence.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:27 pm

asingh42 wrote:
So giving joint bank statement is counted as 2 out of 6 documents from on source
Yes correct. Assuming you have joint named documents so supply 4 more from 2 different sources.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:31 pm

asingh42 wrote:
Or do you mean like 4 months gap so 6 documents to cover the 24 month?
A 4 or 3-4 months gap won't cover 24 months. 4 & 5 months will.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."