ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

going_dicey12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by going_dicey12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm
hithlum wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:09 pm
UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order

That is not true I think, the random order of decisions speaks volumes
Two of my colleagues got their decisions and cards before me but they sent their application after me. Our applications are similar even regarding the salary.
I went for dual submissions like them and I am still waiting. I am pretty sure that they are not picking the applications from a queue. Possibly there is a pool of applications that they are choosing from randomly.
I agree, I think it's random. However, I am keeping records of application approvals (only the ones which were shared in this forum) since 10/09/2020 and doing some stats and they seem to be starting from August and then the focus was back to March/April/May/June July recently as follows:

SET (O) is definitely quicker to process than SET(M) generally.
10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th of Sep They were mainly dealing with August applications either SET(O) or SET(M). So August applicants overall were the luckiest with few exceptions of course.

15th and 16th Sep Applications approved were from June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M).

17th and 18th Applications approved were from April, June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M)

19th and 20th Sep (weekend) Applications approved were from June, July and September for only for SET(O).

21st, 22nd and 23rd of Sep Applications approved were from March, April and May for SET(M) and April, June & July for SET(O).

Today 24th Sep Only SET(O) applications From July, August and September.

I am a Set(M) 04/09 applicant, I just feel that I am now being put in a long queue. For your case hithlum I think your decision email might be imminent as you applied on 25/08 and they seem to be done with March, April, May and probably June applications for SET(O). Hope this helps.
June Set (O) applicant here, so here's to hoping they wrap me up soon. I am desperate. Submitted biometrics in-person 28 August and still haven't heard a thing. I've pretty much exhausted every possible resource to get this over the line. I'm completely broken.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:11 pm

Submitted my Biometric today.. it was a very quick process.
Agent told me what all documents she sees and there was a cover letter missing so she scanned it for me.
She scanned all pages of passports.
I asked if prio/super prio opening any time soon, she said she doesnt think so..

here are my timelines: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... l#p1940673

one question, I didnt receive any email/message on my account/sms (I have paid) for the biometric submission. Do people get some kind of confirmation ?
Secondly, how much time does it take usually between biometric to decision ?

Thanks to @Cullinan (which I doubt is a human , more of super human :P )

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 pm

@Cristina88

Welcome. Thanks for your kind words :D

Glad you made to the appointment. All sorted. Stay positive and hope for the best.

No email confirmation is sent after appointment. The £1.99 SMS service is a waste too. Dont bother.

No guarantee how long it will take. Keep your hopes high. Hopefully you will hear soon 🙏

My personal instinct says you will hear by end Oct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 pm
@Cristina88

Welcome. Thanks for your kind words :D

Glad you made to the appointment. All sorted. Stay positive and hope for the best.

No email confirmation is sent after appointment. The £1.99 SMS service is a waste too. Dont bother.

No guarantee how long it will take. Keep your hopes high. Hopefully you will hear soon 🙏

My personal instinct says you will hear by end Oct.
Last question (can't promise) - which email address does the decision email comes from ?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:11 pm
Agent told me what all documents she sees and there was a cover letter missing so she scanned it for me.
I asked if prio/super prio opening any time soon, she said she doesnt think so..

one question, I didnt receive any email/message on my account/sms (I have paid) for the biometric submission. Do people get some kind of confirmation ?

Did you upload the cover letter and it was missing in the system, or did you forget to upload it in the first place and wanted it uploading at the appointment?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:28 pm
Last question (can't promise) - which email address does the decision email comes from ?
Maybe ILR applicants can answer this.. I think its Atlas something (not sure)....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:49 pm

ujeshaniere wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:59 pm
Alakazam wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:42 pm
Hi all

I saw a member ask the question a few days back about the email address from which the decision email comes. I did not see any response to that question.

What email address does the decision letter come from?

Alakazam
Email came from: home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.Uk
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

razzmatazz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by razzmatazz » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Thought I would share some good news today.

Applied for my SET (M) 5y route on the 28th of April and got my decision today 24th at 4:42pm!

Gave my IDV bio on the 26th of August and went for bio appointment on the 10th of September. (Dual submission)

So many anxious nights waiting for this decision and it’s finally here. Good luck everyone, it’s coming!

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm
Cristina88 wrote:

Did you upload the cover letter and it was missing in the system, or did you forget to upload it in the first place and wanted it uploading at the appointment?
I uploaded the cover letter myself while applying. But agent says that one is missing so she did it again without charging anything extra. She was happy that I uploaded & submitted all the documents myself already.
But them adding an extra doc does it reset the whole process ?

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:01 pm

rndm57 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:17 pm
asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:12 pm
rndm57 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:07 pm
rndm57 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Applied on the 4th of April, and finally got an IDV app invite today around 6pm. Submitted everything and waiting for results now. Good luck everyone.
Update: Just got an email that application was successful. Phew. ILR Tier 2 5 years. Only did biometric submission via IDV app, did not email anyone or escalate anything.

Hope all March/April applicants get their results soon. This definitely was too long and stressful process.
It is not mandatory to escalate or email somebody requesting to process your application quickly. Escalation can be done when people have valid reasons. People are not doing it for fun.
I am just giving people context on what were the steps I took or didn't take.. In order to give them some hope that results will be coming through soon. Nowhere did I imply that people do it for fun.
Can you share the email address to escalate a case please ?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm
Cristina88 wrote:

I uploaded the cover letter myself while applying. But agent says that one is missing so she did it again without charging anything extra. She was happy that I uploaded & submitted all the documents myself already.
But them adding an extra doc does it reset the whole process ?
Nope, it's just odd, that's why I was wondering. Also because when I went for my appointment I had uploaded 43 documents and the guy didn't check all of them, now I'm wondering whether there were any of mine missing that never got detected because he didn't check...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 pm

@Cristina88

If you can see your cover letter submitted on UKVCAS, then no issues. Possibly the staff did not check properly. Anyways, even if the staff scanned your cover letter again, no issues.

And as posted by another member the decision comes from:

home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 pm
@Cristina88

If you can see your cover letter submitted on UKVCAS, then no issues. Possibly the staff did not check properly. Anyways, even if the staff scanned your cover letter again, no issues.

Yes you are right, now there are 2 cover letters. Now I hope this doesn’t cause any confusion :-(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Cristina88

Yes you are right, now there are 2 cover letters. Now I hope this doesn’t cause any confusion :-(
No it wont. Just same cover letter is uploaded twice. No issues.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm
Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Cristina88

No it wont. Just same cover letter is uploaded twice. No issues.
Phew, puts my mind at ease. I logged back in after posting and checked too. All my docs were there + the ones they insisted on scanning at the appointment which means I too have double copies of stuff but the ones they uploaded are ALL named "1.pdf" :roll: :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:47 pm

@ajitu92

No issues.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:47 pm
@ajitu92

No issues.
Aye, thank you. You just would've thought that they'd at least put the bare minimal effort in, but I guess even that is too much to ask. :roll: Anyway, the long wait continues for what see like INDEFINITELY for set LR applicants...HA HA
Last edited by ajitu92 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Do they mind scanning a copie of my document, if anything was missing ?
Cuz they i just have the scanned one on my phone, i dont have the original paper

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:02 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@ajitu92

No issues.
Aye, thank you. You just would've thought that they'd at least put the bare minimal effort in, but I guess even that is too much to ask. :roll: Anyway, the long wait continues for what see like INDEFINITELY for set LR applicants...HA HA
Tbh, in my personal opinion scanning service, documents checking service is a waste.
Applicants should upload all documents on their own. Making sure everything is properly named and uploaded. The UKVCAS staff is not properly trained in immigration matters.
Just for instance, I have seen cases where the staff has refused to even scan stamped pages etc.
Anyways, uploading a couple documents twice is fine (in your case). What matters is, all necessary documents are uploaded.
Anyways hope for the best. Dont loose hope. You applied on 8th Sep, bio 21st. You will hear soon.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Cuz they i just have the scanned one on my phone, i dont have the original paper

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm

User3221 wrote:

Thanks
They will help you scan if need be. Carry originals. Just keep soft copies in your email/USB.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 pm

User3221 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Thanks
Please dont post the same question after only 8min. Have some patience.

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm
User3221 wrote:

Thanks
They will help you scan if need be. Carry originals. Just keep soft copies in your email/USB.
Thanks fo u answer, well i dont have the original document of bank statement, i have it only scanned
Is this okay?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@ajitu92

No issues.
Tbh, in my personal opinion scanning service, documents checking service is a waste.
Applicants should upload all documents on their own. Making sure everything is properly named and uploaded. The UKVCAS staff is not properly trained in immigration matters.
Just for instance, I have seen cases where the staff has refused to even scan stamped pages etc.
Anyways, uploading a couple documents twice is fine (in your case). What matters is, all necessary documents are uploaded.
Anyways hope for the best. Dont loose hope. You applied on 8th Sep, bio 21st. You will hear soon.
Oh, I completely agree and that is exactly what I did. Scanned, uploaded and double, triple, quadruple checked before pressing the submit button. The thing is, my nearest (and earliest available appointment based on completion of 10 years) was an enhanced service point and the cheapest overall option taking travel etc. into account. I wasn't relying on them but I guess they thought I was. No idea. They couldn't even be bothered to check all the documents I uploaded to start with and just started asking for all the documents on the checklist one by one and scanning them, even though I had made it clear that I had already uploaded everything several times.

I am hoping for the best and trying not to lose hope. But to be honest, with the journey I've had and the Set LR timelines thread outlook, it's hard. I know there will be others in even worse situations, hence trying to keep the perspective and float above the melodramatic year that is 2020!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:43 pm

User3221 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:32 pm
Thanks fo u answer, well i dont have the original document of bank statement, i have it only scanned
Is this okay?
Yes