ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment while EU1 application is pending

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stephen0001
Newly Registered

Post by stephen0001 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi my first post :) great forum

I found this on the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service web page

13.Q Can I enter employment while my application is pending?

A If you have an application pending, you and your EU national family member can bring your:

EU Treaty Rights application acknowledgment,

Passport,

Passport/ID of your EU national family member,

Evidence of your relationship with your EU national family member
to your local Immigration Officer who may provide you with a 'Stamp 4' endorsement in your passport that is valid strictly for the period of your application, i.e. 6 months maximum.

This would enable you to enter employment for this period. Please note, receipt of a 'Stamp 4' for this period is not an acknowledgment of having EU Treaty Rights.This will be determined in due course when your application will be either approved or refused.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hts%20FAQs

would this include everybody still waiting for there applications to be reviewed :?:

any thoughts about this

thanks Stephen

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I hope they do what they write, which is not always the case with GNIB/DoJ/INIS.

The above sounds really good :!:

In case you don't get a Stamp4, my thoughts can be found here.
stephen0001 wrote:...that is valid strictly for the period of your application, i.e. 6 months maximum...
This is, of course, an ironic joke, as GNIB/DoJ/INIS love to ILLEGALLY take longer than 6 months to decide such cases. (Which can, as Germany shows, be decidet upon in 10 minutes ;))

ginger4pluck
Newly Registered

Post by ginger4pluck » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:59 am

Hold on... could you clarify some things for me? :?:

We apply for the EU4Fam and then after we ask for a Stamp 4 for my husband while waiting for the EU4Fam?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:44 am

Hi ginger4pluck,

there are some things to consider:
  1. You have to already be in Ireland together for more than 3 months. (See this thread)
    • This requirement is ILLEGALLY imposed by GNIB/DoJ/INIS, but at current it's a fact we have to live with :(
    • Apply immediately, regardless :!:
    • Complain to the European Commission ( sg-plaintes@ec.europa.eu ) and Solvit ( solvit@entemp.ie ) about the refusal you will receive :!:
    • You can find a template for some ideas >>here<<.
    • re-apply after 3 months since initial entry have passed :!:
  2. You are both allowed to work immediately.
  3. If this right is not granted in one way or another read >>here<<

Sampa
Newly Registered

Post by Sampa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Folks,

stephen0001, thanks for posting its priceless information. I've gone to GNIB office today and got temporary Stamp 4 while waiting for EU Treaty Rights. I had been on student visa.

Best wishes...cheers!!!

MAKUSA
BANNED

Re: Employment while EU1 application is pending

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Sampa wrote:Hi Folks,

stephen0001, thanks for posting its priceless information. I've gone to GNIB office today and got temporary Stamp 4 while waiting for EU Treaty Rights. I had been on student visa.

Best wishes...cheers!!!
How many months did you get (stamp 4)?

Sampa
Newly Registered

Post by Sampa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi,

I've got 3 months Stamp 4 valid until December/08. I've applied for EU Treaty Rights in May/08, thus, have to receive its answer until November/08.

Cheers

stephen0001
Newly Registered

Post by stephen0001 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:31 am

Hi happy to see there was someone that got stamp 4 for 3 months, i have i different problem i applied in July 07 denied in Dec 07 (no prior EU residence) got a solicitor around March 08 and since then i'm still waiting. My case will be going to court again in Oct 08, presently i'm on a student visa that have to be renewed by 27 Sep08 so i was thinking of trying to get stamp 4 for 6 months this will make live somewhat easier than at present.

Do somebody think this can be done?
I would think a letter from my solicitor would help with this?

thanks

stephen0001
Newly Registered

Post by stephen0001 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Send an email to eutreatyrights@justice.ie today to ask them about my problem waiting for reply now, hope they have good news.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi stephen0001,

include "solvit" cc - otherwise they will just mess with you anyway.

Their reply won't be worth the electricity used for displaying it, as their replies are copy and paste-style, but mostly the incorrect blocks are chosen ;)

If you still cannot work - complain to the Commission and Solvit immediately (see my post to ginger4pluck further up), and go to GNIB/DoJ/INIS, citing their website and tell them you need Stamp4 immediately.

Good luck, Christian

Sampa
Newly Registered

Post by Sampa » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 am

Hi stephen0001,

I'd suggest going straight to GNIB office and ask for Stamp 4. I had been on student visa and had no problem whatsoever. The officer didn't ask me any question, I just showed both passports, EU Treaty Rights application acknowledgment, my GNIB card (stamp 2) as well as marriage certificate, it was painless.

Good luck!