ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 applications during curtailment related query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 applications during curtailment related query

Post by traveller789654 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Hi,

I had these 2 questions regarding the curtailment period. Suppose I am made redundant from a job and I have over 1 year left on my visa, I think a curtailment letter is issued which would give me 60 days.
So my questions are -

1) Does it matter whether I resigned or I am made redundant, is it the same 60 day curtailment ? or does it vary depending on whether it was a resignation or redundancy ?

2) Suppose I make another Tier 2 application in this curtailment period, and for whatever reason it is not successful, and I still have 1 month remaining in curtailment period, does that mean I still have the remainder of my curtailment period available to try again ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 applications during curtailment related query

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:22 pm

1) Does it matter whether I resigned or I am made redundant, is it the same 60 day curtailment ? or does it vary depending on whether it was a resignation or redundancy ?
It makes no difference. Your employer has the same obligation to inform UKVI within 10 days after your last day of work regardless of whether you resign or are made redundant. Curtailment letter process is the same.
2) Suppose I make another Tier 2 application in this curtailment period, and for whatever reason it is not successful, and I still have 1 month remaining in curtailment period, does that mean I still have the remainder of my curtailment period available to try again ?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am

Thanks CR001

I had a small query regarding the actual application form. In case I need to create a fresh post please let me know and I will do that instead.

1) In the Tier 2 form, I have written my Indian National ID card as my Aadhaar card number. I hope that's ok. I was not sure and did that. I hope that is not a big issue

2) Because I have done this, do I need to upload the scan of this document in the sopra steria website ?

3) Regarding booking the biometric appointment, shall I just go ahead and book the appointment or is there any way where I can select the new mobile verification that has started where biometrics are re-used ?

4) Also, I have mentioned my current BRP card in the application as it was valid for another couple of years. Although it would have been curtailed. I had not received the curtailment letter, so I mentioned that I am on currently Tier 2 General Leave to Remain with the BRP card number. I hope that is ok ?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:44 pm

1. This document is not required and is irrelevant to UK visa applications.

2. See #1

3. It is not a choice you can make to use the IDV biometric reuse app. You will be notified if you are eligible. You are free to book an appointment if you choose to.

4. Fine.

Not necessary to start new topics with the same questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.