ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanoo
Newly Registered

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Post by nanoo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:46 pm

My wife got her 6 months visitor's visa on the 19th of August 2008 to visit me in the Uk.She is five months pregnant and I wish to know if she might have problems at the airport.I am currently in the UK on IGS visa.Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:12 am

Why was the application made for a visitor visa? Why not a visa as your dependent?

I don't think she will get refused at the airport, but as a visitor to the UK she is not entitled to use the NHS, except in an emergency, so applying for the visitor visa could be an extremely expensive mistake, given the medical care that will need to be paid for, assuming she gives birth on the UK.
John

nanoo
Newly Registered

Post by nanoo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 am

Thanks John for the information.The reason for the visitor visa is that,in December of 2007 she applied to attend my graduation.She was refused on the basis that she was not going to return to her country.I appealed against the decision and won.So there was little I could have done to change that to dependant visa.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:11 am

Not likely to have a problem at the airport however if she looks very pregnant she will get questioned about length of stay and her travel health insurance. No insurance then there could be a problem.

skumar123
Newly Registered

Urgent: Mother Visitor VISA extension or convert into other

Post by skumar123 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi,
I am working here on WP. I have seen the following message from the Home Office official website: https://ukvisas-stage.ukvisas.gov.uk/en ... members#Q4 under the category "Guidance - Family members (INF 6)" :

Can parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives go to live in the UK?

If you are a widowed parent or grandparent aged 65 or over, or parents or grandparents travelling together and one of you is 65 or over, you may qualify if:
you are completely or mainly financially dependent on children or grandchildren living and settled in the UK
you have no other close relatives in your own country to help you
your children or grandchildren can support you without needing help from public funds, and
your children or grandchildren have enough accommodation, which they alone own or live in, where you can live without needing any help from public funds.
----------------------

My mother qualify on above criteria and she is currently here in UK on Visitor VISA (valid for Six month). I am interested to extend her stay here. So I need your suggestion please that could I apply my mother case under above category (Family) for her extension to stay here in UK, if yes, could I apply from here in UK or need to go back the home country (India) and apply from there? If I could apply from here then which Form I should use, and what will be the chance to get the VISA/ extension. If I would apply from India under the above category then maximum for how long time she could get the VISA and she could stay further.

If I would apply extension through Form: FLR(O), then what is chance to get extension and how long maximum she could get the extension to live with me here in UK.

In short, my Mother is totally dependent on me, no one will take care her in India and I am working in UK, so please guide me how could I get her extension to keep her with me, I am capable to maintain her expenses, will not use any public/Govt fund.
So please suggest me what I do the best to keep her with me, I am only son of my mother and my father is not alive.

Thank you in advance for help.

Regards,
skumar

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:53 pm

No sorry, you are not taking into account the words, near the top :-
If you want to come to the UK as the family member of someone who is not settled in the UK, for example a work permit holder, please read the appropriate guidance on this website.
-: which admittedly is not that clear, but what it means is, don't read below, read something else.

What you actually need to read is INF 13, and in particular the section that states :-
Can my other dependants join me in the UK?
As a special condition outside the Immigration Rules, children over the age of 18 and dependent parents can join you if:
  • you have been posted to the UK branch of your employer's company by your employer, and
  • the person applying:
    • is genuinely dependent on you
    • is, and will continue to be, part of the family unit, and
    • will not stay in the UK after your stay has ended.
I suspect that is bad news for you.
John

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Also can not change from a visitors visa to another type of visa so would have to return to India to apply for dependent visa.

Dependent visa's for parents are hard to to come if you are not setteled in the UK. The standard of proof for dependency is fairly high. You would need to show that your mother was part of the family unit, that you continued to support for your mother from the time you left to the present.

If you have other family members staying with your mother your chances drop to nil.

skumar123
Newly Registered

My Mother Visa.

Post by skumar123 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Thank you very much for reply, then could you please guide how I apply the dependent VISA from India fro my mother, i.e. which form is applicable for my mother case.

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: My Mother Visa.

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 pm

skumar123 wrote:Thank you very much for reply, then could you please guide how I apply the dependent VISA from India fro my mother, i.e. which form is applicable for my mother case.

Regards
You've just been told it's not possible, you are not settled in UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....