ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(M) Financial requirement section (covid-19 redundancy)-- Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sharkey
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Set(M) Financial requirement section (covid-19 redundancy)-- Please help

Post by Sharkey » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 am

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my ILR on the 1th of October 2020; unfortunately I was made redundant on the 31st July 2020 due to Covid-19 from a very good paying job. As a result of that, earlier this month (September) I registered my company and started a web and mobile development business. My wife is working and she earns over £30,000 per annum which surpasses the required income threshold (£18,600).

When filling the set (M) form they ask if “you/your sponsor are currently employed” - my wife is employed so that is fine, however I am not sure on how to fill the section about me hence my questions -

-Should I state that I am still employed by my previous employer and then write an explanation stating I was made redundant in July due to covid-19? (I can provide evidence of my payslips and bank statements).

-Should I state that I am self-employed (own a limited company)? However, I really haven’t made any decent money since starting the business.

-Should I leave the section about myself blank and just provide only my wife’s employment details? If I provide only my wife employment details in order to meet the income threshold, will they hold that against me? i.e He’s a bum and not deserving of the ILR.

I am sorry if my question comes across long and silly, I am truly perplexed on how to answer the financial requirement section and I just don’t want to get anything wrong.

I’ll be grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(M) Financial requirement section (covid-19 redundancy)-- Please help

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Sharkey wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 am
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my ILR on the 1th of October 2020; unfortunately I was made redundant on the 31st July 2020 due to Covid-19 from a very good paying job. As a result of that, earlier this month (September) I registered my company and started a web and mobile development business. My wife is working and she earns over £30,000 per annum which surpasses the required income threshold (£18,600).

When filling the set (M) form they ask if “you/your sponsor are currently employed” - my wife is employed so that is fine, however I am not sure on how to fill the section about me hence my questions -

-Should I state that I am still employed by my previous employer and then write an explanation stating I was made redundant in July due to covid-19? (I can provide evidence of my payslips and bank statements).

-Should I state that I am self-employed (own a limited company)? However, I really haven’t made any decent money since starting the business.

-Should I leave the section about myself blank and just provide only my wife’s employment details? If I provide only my wife employment details in order to meet the income threshold, will they hold that against me? i.e He’s a bum and not deserving of the ILR.

I am sorry if my question comes across long and silly, I am truly perplexed on how to answer the financial requirement section and I just don’t want to get anything wrong.

I’ll be grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks
To keep the case neatened and uncoiled, simply declare her income alone and provide the corresponding supporting documents by putting aside your past income & self employment. This is one of the most frequently eventuating dilemma in now a days where similar solution pans out flawlessly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sharkey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: ILR Set(M) Financial requirement section (covid-19 redundancy)-- Please help

Post by Sharkey » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Many thanks for the advice seagul